• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turok demo online on Euro XBL - Impressions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Content: Turok Single-Player Demo
Price: Free
Availability:Not available in Japan or Korea
Dash Text: [ESRB: M (Mature) BLOOD,INTENSE VIOLENCE,LANGUAGE] Turok is an epic, story-driven first-person shooter set on a dark, mysterious planet in the future. Players take on the role of Joseph Turok, a former black ops commando, now part of an elite special forces squad, known as Whiskey Company, which is on a mission to take down a war criminal – Turok’s former mentor, Roland Kane. While Whiskey Company is traveling to the genetically altered planet inhabited by Kane and his soldiers, Whiskey Company’s ship is shot down. Turok must use his elite military training to elude Kane’s well-trained army, known as Mendel-Gruman, and the ravenous, unpredictable dinosaurs, huge insects and other massive creatures that populate the dangerous environment. Turok’s mission? Survive at all costs.
Size: 1.17 GB

gogogogo!

WARNING: it seems to be up only for european users, actually. Time to fire up your EU accounts!

Edit: some images from the demo, courtesy of andrewfee:

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Was just about to take a quick nap - I can let this quickly download in the meantime - thanks...

goldenpp72 said:
I dont see anything..

Neither did I until I moved over to the Demo tab - for some reason it's not in the Games tab as well...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
its Gold member only Euro.

Put it on US XBL also. My exclusive club member gold premium service I pay $50 a year for should cover this shit.

or just release it also on the euro PSN also, I can actually download that without having to deal with unnessicary problem.

goldenpp72

it is defined as free because you won't be paying for it, you simply don't get it as quickly as those who do.

You'll still get it well before the game is out so yeah, use your ps3 instead if its so terrible for you.

I see it in the european marketplace. For the ones not seeing it, try looking both in the new demos in all demos browsing by game... sometimes it appears first there and then in the new demos folder.

xabre

Banned
Where the hell is it? You made me turn on my Xbox360 and waste electricity and contribute to the greenhouse effect for nothing.

Do we have to start this "its not free" shit every time a demo drops. Talk about the game and leave that stuff for some other thread. I came in hear to read impressions not people bickering because they dont have Gold.

Edit: Yea I dont see it either.

hitoshi

Go to Game Store / Demos / Genres / Action, it will be there. Downloading right now, currently at 4%- I REALLY love that when a demo is released, the first day the region lockdown is switched off. Hail to the mighty one who thought that free game demos rated 18 can't be downloaded from unofficial LIVE regions, even though every other LIVE features (except from video marketplace ofc.) works like charm.

xabre

Banned
I found it in 'all games'. Still a waste of electricity though.

I'll be sending Microsoft an invoice for electricity costs procured as a result of poor organisation.

I'll also be sending the OP an invoice and you'll have ten seconds to pay it or I'll have the NSA fuck you up.

Thrakier

goldenpp72 said:
it is defined as free because you won't be paying for it, you simply don't get it as quickly as those who do.

It's free after the first week. I have to pay for the first week. So it's not free when it's coming out and demos are most interesting when they are new, agree?

goldenpp72

if you just have to have it this second then yes, it cost, but you know in advance this is how it goes and you know that it will be free quickly, so why bitch? Its not going to change.

Tieno

goldenpp72 said:
if you just have to have it this second then yes, it cost, but you know in advance this is how it goes and you know that it will be free quickly, so why bitch? Its not going to change.
Why bitch? Because it's stupid in so many ways. This is a dumb way to add value to gold and a dumb way to promote demos and games to xbox 360 gamers.

goldenpp72

I agree, but that doesn't mean every thread has to devolve into it, email microsoft and don't clutter EVERY new demo thread.

It would be like me jumping into every thread regarding xbox live and spamming how idiotic it is to pay 50 bucks a year for online gaming.

Now, im a gold user and I can't get this demo, HEAR ME ROAR

Tieno said:
Why bitch? Because it's stupid in so many ways. This is a dumb way to add value to gold and a dumb way to promote demos and games to xbox 360 gamers.

to be perfectly honest, I dont even think I would remember to download this in a weeks time unless someone bumps this thread.

Thrakier said:
It's free after the first week. I have to pay for the first week. So it's not free when it's coming out and demos are most interesting when they are new, agree?
Oh, no, it won't be free even after the first week. You have to buy an Xbox 360 (or PS3 when it will be on PSN) to download it, and even pay a broadband connection or no download! Damn world, I want my FREEEEE demoessoossss!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Spider_Jerusalem said:
Oh, no, it won't be free even after the first week. You have to buy an Xbox 360 (or PS3 when it will be on PSN) to download it, and even pay a broadband connection or no download! Damn world, I want my FREEEEE demoessoossss!

You gotta admit the one week wait is kinda dumb tho.

Quite positive about the game after the demo, could well pick this up if some minor things are fixed before release. Will give more detailed impressions in a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom