• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: Haze Never Coming Out on Xbox 360

ZeroTolerance

http://www.ripten.com/2008/03/15/haze-never-coming-out-on-xbox-360/

News coming straight in from Play.com Live in Wembley stadium is final confirmation that Haze will eternally be a Playstation 3 exclusive.

The full game is playable at the event - that’s right, the full game and Kev Lochun will be giving a preview this weekend. It’s looking clean and sharp, and overdosing on Nectar is a pleasing yet disorientating experience.

yay ?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
ashleycries.gif

ZeroTolerance

Mrbob said:
In b4 it begins.

Hopefully this game is actually good. Early videos weren't promising.
Recent screens look good though. Then again, it might have been touched up for PR purposese. Need more impressions.

FrankT

Fine by me. Doubt I'lll pick this up, but they still have a chance to sell me before release date.

Ninja Scooter said:
probably because they just want to get this mess of a game out, move on to something else and pretend it never happened.

:lol

I think we've known this for a while. I like Free Radical a lot, but I just don't think Haze will do that well. I'm sure it'll be decent, but it's not going to be a huge success.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ToyMachine228 said:
I think we've known this for a while. I like Free Radical a lot, but I just don't think Haze will do that well. I'm sure it'll be decent, but it's not going to be a huge success.
This.

Esperado

VictimOfGrief said:
Confirmed. I don't give a shit.

/thread.

2qlwexj.jpg

I really think this would benefit from a multiplatform release sales wise. I hope Sony didn't pay too much for it, especially with Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 down the road.

KZObsessed

So that means the game is going to get hated on even more? Great!

EDIT: lol they asked two Ubi reps?

The game will come to 360 and PC later I'm sure.

What's wrong with you people? Stop talking about this game. I'm bloody serious now.

Stop talking about Haze.

Stop it. Its not coming out for any platform because I won't let it come out. I'll save you.

I love you that much.

If I have to go back in time to kill the colour yellow, so help me God, I'll do it.

After I played it, I looked at my hands and said "I now hate all videogames, forever."

I live in eternal torment now, as you will if you do not heed this warning:

Haze thrives on your suffering. Haze will kill your gamer soul. Haze hates life.

Clinton514

Ripten? :|

Are those guys actually at the event because I notice a pattern in some of their articles where they speak as if they actually attended certain events and probably weren't.

Esperado said:
2qlwexj.jpg

I really think this would benefit from a multiplatform release sales wise. I hope Sony didn't pay too much for it, especially with Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 down the road.
Not saying it wouldn't but they're basically pay for Haze to dig it's own grave of which I refer to my previous comment.... "Don't give a shit".

It is too bad for gamers but then again... I'm sure PS3 owners are still bitter about Bioshock so it all works out.

Why the fuck? What kind of decision is this? Isn't the 360 more popular than the PS3?

That's fucking idiotic, not that I ever cared about Haze, but I'm just waiting for a rational excuse.

ZeroTolerance

Clinton514 said:
Ripten? :|

Are those guys actually at the event because I notice a pattern in some of their articles where they speak as if they actually attended certain events and probably weren't.

Check the authors Bio, the guy who posted the article is in UK so he might have attended the event.

Clinton514

Littleberu said:
Why the fuck? What kind of decision is this? Isn't the 360 more popular than the PS3?

That's fucking idiotic, not that I ever cared about Haze, but I'm just waiting for a rational excuse.
'Popular'? Now that's insightful. :\

I don't think there's much more to it other than money being shuffled. Everyone does it.

hauton

On the one hand, Haze looks decent.

On the other hand, this is pretty blatant fanboy dick waving.

On the other hand, the bitterness is flowing pretty heavy regardless.

Clinton514 said:
'Popular'? Now that's insightful. :\

I don't want to start a flame war here, but I meant that the 360 has more console sold than the Ps3. It's not the PS3 fault, as the 360 was here sooner, but, heck, it's just stupid considering the lack of hype Haze has, and how low-profile this game will end up being.

Littleberu said:
but I'm just waiting for a rational excuse.
Don't hold your breath on that. The company line is that Ubisoft has always had good relations with Sony, and that this decision allows Free Radical to truly optimize the Haze experience exclusively on the PlayStation 3.[/spin]

Clinton514

Littleberu said:
I don't want to start a flame war here, but I meant that the 360 has more console sold than the Ps3. It's not the PS3 fault, as the 360 was here sooner, but, heck, it's just stupid considering the lack of hype Haze has, and how low-profile this game will end up being.
I'm dousing you with gasoline right now...nah just kidding.

Like my edit mentioned, it's probably just a matter of money. Sony may be billing the marketing which is what the game would need due to it's silence since E3.

Majmun

Littleberu said:

Why would you assume this? Isn't the Ps3 selling better in each region?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Littleberu said:

i was gonna say there are intervews wth devs saying why they choose to multiplatform or not. but most of ubi's game are multi.

maybe it sucks so much and is too much work to port.

AmMortal

Banned
Second said:
Why would you assume this? Isn't the Ps3 selling better in each region?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Nope, spot on

EDIT: "eternally":lol :lol :lol

I don't even care about that game but eternally wtf.

Top Bottom