• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Images of Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm [PS3]

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Sorry if old.
source: http://gamersyde.com/news_6301_en.html

snooper said:
Sony America releases five so-called screenshots of Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm. If what is shown in these images is running in real-time on anything else than photoshop, I'll be ready to eat a tree.

1489_0001.jpg

1489_0002.jpg

1489_0003.jpg

1489_0004.jpg

1489_0005.jpg

HOLY FUCKING SHIT, if these arent bullshots i am amazed to the max. SO PRETTY.

Brannon

HELL YEAH. I hate Naruto the anime, but I like the 360 game a lot (wish it wasn't broken :mad:) so this gets me quite excited.

USD

Holy shit, in some of those pics I can't tell it's not the real thing. Insane. They're real screenshots, and drawings, right?

Bebpo

Banned
Testicular Sound Express said:
it looks great, but honestly how many times do developers expect people to play through the same portion of the anime.

I'm guessing it's because it's the only good part of the anime.

USD

Testicular Sound Express said:
it looks great, but honestly how many times do developers expect people to play through the same portion of the anime.
They've been doing it with DBZ for a while now.

ezekial45

Banned
It sorta looks like they're splicing in 2D images of the characters into the 3D environment. Or something to that effect. I hope i'm wrong though.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
MoeB said:
look at the motion blur of naruto's feet. how is that possible. bs!

But the Jaggies on the girl, i dont know what to believe, would they chop the img to make Naruto look like that but leave girl all jaggy......... doesnt make sense.......

Looks fucking awesome if they are real time, will buy, make a DB RPG plz.

batbeg

Dear developers: fuck you. No, seriously, this shit isn't acceptable. Anyone that makes me want to play a Naruto game is clearly an asshole, and you have me drooling.

White Man

Aside from the like 32x Miracle AA on these, I think these screenshots could possibly be accurate. The original 360 game kinda impressed me, and this appears to be a notch or two better looking, which I can believe.

Actually, the one with the blurred foot has aliasing, so maybe that one is in-game. Who knows. <sigh> Guess I have to buy my second Naruto game. I liked the 360 one so much that I tried to watch the anime. That attempt lasted about 5 minutes into the first episode.

calder

My first thought looking at the screens: damn I can't wait to watch the new season of Venture Bros in HD. More cartoons should be in HD.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I can see these being reasonably accurate. Of course, the AA is WAY beyond what the actual game would feature, but there are enough flaws in the shots that suggest that these bullshots are based on the real assets. I certainly hope so, anyways.

I'm guessing the final game will be a LOT jaggier...

Pimpwerx

Wow! The aliasing and generally lame bgs suggest it's realtime. The quality of the characters (better than Shippuuden anime even?) suggests it's bullshots. I only hope it's an RPG-style game ala 360 version. Well, adventure anyway. I don't care for a fighting game. I think Naruto is very much about 1-on-1 fights in the series, but only for character development purposes. In a game, I think it would be more interesting to try and bring characters up in ninja class through C-S class missions. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

White Man said:
Aside from the like 32x Miracle AA on these, I think these screenshots could possibly be accurate. The original 360 game kinda impressed me, and this appears to be a notch or two better looking, which I can believe.

Actually, the one with the blurred foot has aliasing, so maybe that one is in-game. Who knows. <sigh> Guess I have to buy my second Naruto game. I liked the 360 one so much that I tried to watch the anime. That attempt lasted about 5 minutes into the first episode.
Watch past the first, crappy episode. Dattebayo! Watch at least until the conclusion of their first mission into the Village of the Mist. Dattebayo! That'll give you an impression of what the rest of the series will be like in terms of pacing and fight-scene quality. DATTEBAYO!

snoopers

I am multitalented
mintylurb said:
ahh..xboxyde, never change~

The close-up characters and post processing effects look way too clean to be realtime, but it's true that there are ingame assets in these images. I call target renders. I'm sure the final product will look great, Naruto 360 looked okay but there's a lot of room for improvement. But these images ? I really doubt they're legit screenshots.

Anyway, if your post implies that I'm stating this out of a console bias, you picked the wrong person.

rakka

looks fantastic...

some definitely bullshots (ones with nearly zero aliasing); but the 360 game did look amazing too.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
:lol Bull to the shots.

However, if they somehow aren't, these are the best looking characters I've ever seen graphically.

Souther

Banned
Looks pretty amazing. If this is real...Then its trumping DBZ burst limit aswell.

Hmm i wonder if this is still going to have the crazy cutscene attacks like the Narutimett series.

Top Bottom