• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nanashi no Geemu DS SCREENS (S-E Horror game )

king zell

n01.jpg

n02.jpg

n03.jpg

n04.jpg

n05.jpg

n06.jpg

n07.jpg

n10.jpg
n11.jpg

new Square Enix DS Horror Adventure game called Nanashi no Geemu.
-2008 July 3rd release date
-1player
-5040Yen

from Jonnyram
It's called Nanashi no Game - "The Game with No Name". There is an urban legend that those who play the game will die a week later. Also it mimics the DS menu screen, to send you mail and freak you out with things within the game.

Square sure is showing the DS a ton of love. TWEWY just came out, and now I have this, and perhaps Sigma Harmonics to look forward to. And that's only counting new IPs. =)

Cool concept, seems like the adventure game is having quite a comeback with the Nintendo systems... but why are so many horror stories relying on this "viewing item x = dying y days later"?

Whatev, the concept is enough for me. Like 'Majestic', but one time fee, and it has an ending.

EDIT: and that guy has is wearing a bolo tie. Day 1.

Tiktaalik

That's cool. It's like Ringu, but for videogames!

It would be cool if they somehow were able to bypass the normal Nintendo startup thing, and the system would send you scary pictochats. :lol

Johnas

Thank you, I was just looking at this (from the link in the Infinite Undiscovery thread) wondering what in the heck it was. I knew I hadn't seen it on GAF before.

Ooh, I'm interested. The 3D is pretty impressive. Looks like they've spent some money on this. I hope they're aiming it at a worldwide release.

The "cursed game" is some kind of DQ/FF hybrid prototypical RPG.

batbeg

Hey cool, little demos. I'm still not entirely sure how much I would care about a horror game on the DS, so I'll be waiting to see on this one. The scans made me think it was all kinds of blah but the website seems much nicer :)

Fatalah

Wow, this looks great. Ever since playing Hotel Dusk last year, I've been looking to play another immersive DS game. Will there be an English version?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
ivysaur12 said:
A Square-Enix horror game?

ANOTHER new IP from SE on the DS?

What the hell is going on?!?!

SE trying to branch out. Some new successful franchises would definitely help soften the blow if HD FF breaks the bank. Or maybe since all alot of the big projects are still in progress and they are willing to throw out some new ideas to filll in the gap

Flakster99

I like what I saw and what I listened too, especially. This looks absolutely phenomenal in a creepy and sadistic kind of a way. I'm very impressed. :D

Meesh

Square Enix on horror huh...hmmm...interesting. Too bad the concept sounds so cliche by recent Jhorror remakes like The Ring or Missed Call. But who knows, could be a blast.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
oh wow, this is DS? damn i want this BAD. come one Squeenix, send the game our way!

seriously, this is why i bought a DS, this and Advance wars...

Linkzg said:
so, is this a game within a game? or is someone gonna really show up and attempt to kill me?
Yes.

Akitoshi Kawazu will show up at your door step a week later and force you to play SaGa games until you scratch your eyeballs out.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Why does that trailer have DQ in it? :O

Edit: Or w/e looks like a RPG at ~1:40, just saying DQ because the music sounds like something from DQ, and the town looks familiar to the first DQ.

Neo Child

Banned
Graphically this looks fantastic, the carriage look HL1 quality - yay, go 2008 :lol

But seriousely, awesome work for the DS and the atmosphere seems really tense - heres hoping for a US release - and it being good!

Nocebo

Lord Phol said:
Looks uncomfortable to play, how the hell are you suppose to hold the DS? :s
With your hand. Never played Brain training or Hotel Dusk I suppose? You let the back of the DS rest in your hand and your fingers clamp the sides of the DS.

Lord Phol

Nocebo said:
With your hand. Never played Brain training or Hotel Dusk I suppose? You let the back of the DS rest in your hand and your fingers clamp the sides of the DS.

No I have not :eek:, that sounds a bit better than what i was thinking though, but still having somewhat of a hard time grasping the concept :s. The Upper part (well left when held like that) is just so thin and fragile, no way i could grab that with my left hand without worrying about breaking it somehow. Or do you mean that one is suppose to just have it resting in ur hand flatout? In which case I still don't see how one could hold it in a comfortable position :s

Guess one just have to try it out to get it, think I'll do that once i get home!
Pictures would be nice though ^^, mspaint would be fine! :D

xcomp

SE's definitely trying a lot of new ideas for the DS and that's great! Here's one to play in the dark :D

Interesting how the name of the game can be represented by numbers associated with death in Asia, 774 (Nana-Nana-Shi) and translate as "Game with No Name". 3D "real world" is looking good. The 7 day death part reminds me of It's a Wonderful World (World Ends with You), though.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
If 2 weeks after this game comes out, half of JGAF is dead, you'll know what happened.

Top Bottom