• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SONIC CHRONICLES Video

batbeg

All 3 seconds of gameplay are at 18:00, I think.

Looks pretty good, though I admit I'm still really not feeling what I'm seeing. The art looks fantastic and everything, I've just not seen anything to convince me to give a damn about the gameplay.

Very nice looking though.

Llyranor

Those were actually some nice features, though there's a lot of overlap between the two segments. The 1st feature shows more gameplay footage.

But haha @ Radio Canada getting first footage.

batbeg

Llyranor said:
Those were actually some nice features, though there's a lot of overlap between the two segments. The 1st feature shows more gameplay footage.

But haha @ Radio Canada getting first footage.

There's stuff in the first video? Dammit king zell, your post made me think it was only in the second half :lol

Llyranor

The first segment is all Bioware stuff.

The second seems like a full show, with Bioware only featured in a fairly short segment.

Nicko

Umm, why exactly are they playing Mario Kart 64 music when showing gameplay footage of Sonic Chronicles? Anyone else notice this?

B E N K E

Does the Sonic team really speak French in meetings or was that just a fake thing for Radio Canada. Seemed like it. I'm just happy to see Sonic in such capable hands - I hope it turns out well.

duckroll

Battle animations look really good. The only problem is that whenever the screen scrolls at all (especially in the scene with Sonic running in the city) it looked super choppy. I wonder what's with that.

Speaking of Sonic Chronicles:

180749brp.jpg

Found it at GameStop!

I was hoping they'd use that artwork of Sonic, Tails, and Amy, of well.

Watch the very end of the first video, you can see BioWare's logo intro, with this kickass animation of Sonic doing a Spin Dash and it looks SO retro it's awesome!

batbeg

Hero of legend said:
Watch the very end of the first video, you can see BioWare's logo intro, with this kickass animation of Sonic doing a Spin Dash and it looks SO retro it's awesome!

That was a badass logo.

After making sure I've watched everything this time (-.-) my opinion isn't much changed. Has some beautiful art, but the gameplay just looks dull. I don't care about dialogue trees or a plot in Sonic, I just want a fun game.

Please be fun :(

Combat looks kinda boring but it's probably an early version. That logo animation was amazing though, whish they did the entire game in that style.

One reason I disliked Sonic X is because of how stiff the animation was. The few seconds you see of that sketch moving is awesome, very rubbery. I have high hopes for this game but if it doesn't turn out so great, at least it'll have some great Sonic animation.

Anasui Kishibe said:
man, Sonic's so cursed it looks like he's going to poison Bioware as well. I have faith, anyway

Yup. Sonic's problem is that, assuming the current story arc, the plot would make no sense in any game. It's one of those, "don't try to explain it, just go with the flow" kind of games. Ah, there's a talking blue hedgehog with tiny arms, who cares. But when you mix the Sonic crew up with humans and try to add an in-depth plot, it just doesn't pan out. The RPG genre is currently plagued with more of the same, but it doesn't look like this will be groundbreaking.

Top Bottom