• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Fallout’ Officially Renewed for Season 2 at Amazon

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Fallout” has been renewed for Season 2 at Amazon Prime Video.

The announcement comes after Variety reported that a second season was set to receive $25 million in tax credits by relocating shooting to the state of California.

Based on the video game franchise of the same name, the series is set two hundred years after the apocalypse. The official description states it follows “the gentle denizens of luxury fallout shelters that are forced to return to the irradiated hellscape their ancestors left behind—and are shocked to discover an incredibly complex, gleefully weird, and highly violent universe waiting for them.”

Per Amazon, the show ranks as one of the top three most-watched titles ever on Prime Video and the most-watched season of TV on the platform since “The Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power.”

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Finished watching the show and it actually got quite a bit better with episodes. I didn’t particularly like the first couple of episodes but it grew on me toward the end.

MC and the Ghoul were great, Maximus was meh, but overall good job by Amazon, color me surprised. Now let’s hope the show runners won’t shit up Season 2 like they did with each subsequent season of West World.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Not familiar with that show or the game, but I watch her watching paint dry.
animated show. imo one of the best series i've ever watched. top ten for me. i don't know the game tbh... heard it's a trash fire.

Happy Tears Smile GIF by Mashed

Fantastic.

"Per Amazon, the show ranks as one of the top three most-watched titles ever on Prime Video and the most-watched season of TV on the platform since “The Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power.”

I'm not shocked that Fallout was one of the three most watched titles, but I am surprised so many watched the “The Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power.” Literally nobody in my pretty geeky crowd of friends made it through the whole season of that utter shit show. I'm pretty damned excited for season 2 but I really do hope the show runners have a less convoluted and weird plan for the series than they did for WestWorld

april6e

So...these companies finally figured out after lord knows how many years that they should have been doing larger budget anime and video game adaptations with tv shows and not movies as they don't translate well to that medium.

These execs should hire me. I could have told them years ago that a Bioshock, Half Life or Monster streaming series would be massive.

Last edited:

Gambit2483

They did such a great job at adapting a videogame into a TV series I doubt anyone (that isn't a culture warrior) is surprised.

Can't wait to see what they do with Deathclaws!

clarky

Gold Member
The finger scene was great.

Still don't think the show is great but it's getting better and better as the season goes on.
As video game shit goes, this doesn't get any better.

And i count myself as a Mario bros, mortal kombat, street fighters & assassins creed survivor.

And yes the last of us as well

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Microsoft should totally remake 1 and 2 while we wait for Fallout 5.
If they kept the isometric turn-based gameplay and weren't scared to leave "problematic" content intact, then I'd be interested. Or just call them remasters and release them on the consoles. If you can play Wasteland or Shadowrun in console form, you should be able to play F1&F2 after the necessary UI changes.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Microsoft should totally remake 1 and 2 while we wait for Fallout 5.
I have lived my entire life not being interested in any Fallout game. Not 1, 2, 3, 4...not even 76. I am a simple human susceptible to marketing because I'm on board now let's go.

Top Bottom