• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A New Trailer for Amazon Prime Fallout has been released

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
You all are jaded as fuck, this looks pretty awesome.

Confused Ryan Gosling GIF

They're called opinions. Some people will think it looks amazing. Others will think it looks shite.

Do you think everyone should share your opinion and agree that it looks awesome?

StueyDuck

I'm not loving the tone... its more borderlands than fallout.

While fallout pipboy stuff and world is silly. The games plots themselves are pretty serious.

I dunno, I'll hold reservations for now but if it's like twisted metal (which worked for twisted metal) I don't see this being very good.

Maybe just go into it not expecting to be fallout. Much like how halo is a decent enough Sci fi show but a poop halo show

Last edited:

Del_X

They're called opinions. Some people will think it looks amazing. Others will think it looks shite.

Do you think everyone should share your opinion and agree that it looks awesome?

Just my opinion, but other's opinions can indeed be shit.

Rosoboy19

Neo Member
The all-episodes-at-once has me a bit concerned. They usually do weekly. Hopefully itā€™s not because they donā€™t think itā€™s good and want to drop it quick and move on.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Looks absolutely fantastic and far better than that first teaser trailer. This is clearly "Bethesda's Fallout" and clearly is the "campy apocalypse" of the series and I'm all for it. I'm also pretty impressed with the VFX work; again, everything still looks goofy as fuck - especially the Vault dwellers - but it feels "right" and accurate.

. . .I'm sure it won't go like this, but if they make this an anthology series and aren't fixed to having one cast, they could have a repeat winner on their hands (and a way to keep the stories fresh).

This sentence shows a grave misunderstanding of the source material (Vault Tec did not build vaults to shelter the wealthy), but it will enable the writers of the show to check the privileges of wealthy heterosexuals so i guess it was a necessary sacrifice...

Or you're reading intent in a sentence meant to highlight the (relative, depending on the Vault you're in) safety of the Vaults versus the nightmare on the surface.

unclbenn

Woah, this looks awesome. I'm getting twisted metal vibes which I think is a great fit for it's cartoony characters.

samoilaaa

We've been in an age where people love to hate and nothing is good enough. I think it honestly looks better than it has any right to. Hoping it's better than I'd imagine. But I'll be going in with zero expectations, much like I did with Twisted Metal and that was a pleasant surprise.
so people are forced to like something otherwise they will be called haters ?

Gojiira

Of course its based only on Bethesdas dogshit interpretation of Falloutā€¦Fuck off with the BoS,fuck off with people living in trash shanties and fuck off with your ā€˜healthyā€™ ghoul nonsenseā€¦Not a single thing looks right in that trailer.

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
Not interested in watching some hole walk around a wasteland. Should have been a lone wanderer escaping from a vault to find a nuclear apocalyptic wasteland in which he believes he is the sole survivor. Finds dog meat, sees fucked up mutated animals and critters, discovers mutants and ghouls. Ends up finding small settlements and encampments that could be pulled from the games all while learning of the NCR and other factions. Ends with him on a ship headed towards a place he thinks is a garden of eden but lands in Far Habour or Point Lookout. Different seasons could be based on the different DLC locations.
How hard is that?

Last edited:

Krathoon

Well, Baldur's Gate 3 got the seal of approval from Wizards of the Coast. They still hold the intellectual property rights.

That is the great thing about Dungeons and Dragons, the rights don't get sold off all the time.

Neon Xenon

Well, that trailer doesn't immediately look like shit. That's the bare minimum I expect, even with being wary of Amazon Studios.

I'm not deep enough into the Fallout series (yet, I want to get back to Fallout: New Vegas) to really get excited or completely dismiss this immediately.

Not interested in watching some hole walk around a wasteland. Should have been a lone wanderer escaping from a vault to find a nuclear apocalyptic wasteland in which he believes he is the sole survivor. Finds dog meat, sees fucked up mutated animals and critters, discovers mutants and ghouls. Ends up finding small settlements and encampments that could be pulled from the games all while learning of the NCR and other factions. Ends with him on a ship headed towards a place he thinks is a garden of eden but lands in Far Habour or Point Lookout. Different seasons could be based on the different DLC locations.
How hard is that?
Talk about generic run-of-the-mill apocalyptic premise. This is fallout, not The Walking Dead.

Mossybrew

It sure looks like it should and I do love me some Walton Goggins so I'll definitely give it a chance at least.

MujkicHaris

Fallout 3 is one of my favorite games ever. The game kind of ruined a bunch of other video games for me. Can't wait for the show! The production quality is impressive.

Top Bottom