• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buku Sudoku and Atari Interactive's Warlords are the XBLA games of the week

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 9:00 AM Gamerscore News
Experience the First Sudoku Game for Xbox LIVE Arcade, "Buku Sudoku" and Battle Friends with Atari's Classic, "Warlords," Both Launching This Wednesday!

“Buku Sudoku,” the first and only Sudoku game available on Xbox LIVE Arcade and Atari’s arcade classic “Warlords,” both launch on Xbox LIVE Arcade this Wednesday, 28 May, 2008 at 9:00 a.m. GMT (1:00 a.m. PDT).

Experience the excitement of the world’s hottest number game sensation on Xbox LIVE Arcade with “Buku Sudoku.” The title upgrades the traditional paper-and-pencil game with beautiful HD graphics, informative tutorials, multiple grid sizes and new ways to enjoy the game via multiplayer modes. With multiple themes that allow players to choose the audio and visual environment, over 1,200 puzzles total and three levels of difficulty, “Buku Sudoku” has something for everyone.

“Buku Sudoku” multiplayer modes feature support for up to four players offline and up to eight players via Xbox LIVE. More casual players can experience the game with friends and family through the cooperative mode, and competitive players will enjoy an entirely new concept – an active duel where the player’s performance directly impacts his opponent’s puzzle.

Developed by Merscom, “Buku Sudoku” will be available worldwide for 800 Microsoft Points and is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB. For more details on “Buku Sudoku” please visit:

• http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/b/bukusudokuxboxlivearcade/

“Warlords” offers single and multiplayer action as up to four players battle to protect their fortress from attack, while battering down their opponents’ at a frenetic pace! Defend yourself from incoming fire with your mighty shield and smash down your enemies’ defenses by firing flaming balls at them, or blast a hole through and bring their Warlord tumbling down along with his castle walls!

“Warlords” returns in both a pixel-perfect copy of the original arcade cabinet game, plus a brand new “Evolved” version featuring cool new 3D graphics and the opportunity to be your own Warlord using the live video feed! Single player is supported, along with 2, 3, and 4 player local and Xbox LIVE multiplayer choices.

Developed by Stainless Games, “Warlords” will be available worldwide (with the exception of Japan and Korea) for 400 Microsoft Points and is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB. For more details on “Warlords” please visit:

• http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/livearcadexbox360

voltron

Epic Fail.

Curse my soul for all eternity for even allowing myself to contemplate the idea of possibly getting Bionic Commando this week.

Curse it to hell I say.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
voltron said:
Epic Fail.

Curse my soul for all eternity for even allowing myself to contemplate the idea of possibly getting Bionic Commando this week.

Curse it to hell I say.

Well, that one was your fault for not paying attention to the news.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
I might pick up the Sudoku game if they put any effort into it. It could easily be a top 10 XBLA game of the year too, due to the mass appeal.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Fragamemnon said:
I came in here hoping for something from Infinite Interactive, based on the thread title. :( :( :(

So, I guess you didn't even read the thread title that said Atari Interactive then.

Shard said:
So, I guess you didn't even read the thread title that said Atari Interactive then.

No, I read it. I figured that maybe Atari had publishing rights to something that I didn't know about, since I don't follow XBLA that much.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Fragamemnon said:
No, I read it. I figured that maybe Atari had publishing rights to something that I didn't know about, since I don't follow XBLA that much.

Nah, Ubisoft has publishing rights and if you are looking for that Warlords games:

http://www.gametap.com/play/gameDetails/120086750
Ubisoft/Infinite Interactive Warlords

http://www.gametap.com/play/gameDetails/000344450
Warlords Battlecry

http://www.gametap.com/play/gameDetails/000255550
Warlords Battlecry II

http://www.gametap.com/play/gameDetails/000311050
Warlords Battlecry III

Incidently, Also on Gametap:

http://www.gametap.com/play/gameDetails/120060350
Atari Interactive's Warlords

http://www.gametap.com/play/gameDetails/000409150
Buku Sudoku

http://www.gametap.com/play/gameDetails/000463150
Buku Kakuro

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
So do we know for a fact the Warlords conversion sucks or are we just jumping to conclusions here?

Because if it's a good port/remix, it would be one of the best multiplayer games on the service.

Philthy

Ronabo said:
Woa! Warlords. Gonna have to check it out. I hope it'll play good without a spinner.

Sounds good.

Yeah, I'm all over this. When XBLA first asked for suggestions, this was one of the first I gave them. This game ruled on the 2600, and would make the perfect multiplayer game if they do it right. Can't wait to check this out.

Ronabo said:
Woa! Warlords. Gonna have to check it out. I hope it'll play good without a spinner.

Sounds good.

The big question is did they code it to work with the spinner on the (discontinued) Madcatz "arcade" stick.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shig said:
So do we know for a fact the Warlords conversion sucks or are we just jumping to conclusions here?

Because if it's a good port/remix, it would be one of the best multiplayer games on the service.

Well, the game was ported by Stainless Games, they do not have the best track record in the world.

watership

Shard said:
Well, the game was ported by Stainless Games, they do not have the best track record in the world.

Looking at the screenshots just makes me angry. It is the same design template they use for all their games when they update them from the original. They're abominations. Have they ever done a good game? Why does Microsoft allow them to do this?? So frustrating.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
From Major Nelson:

Arcade: Buku Sudoku (and free puzzle pack)
Content: Buku Sudoku
Price: 800 Microsoft Points
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions
Dash Text: [ESRB: E (EVERYONE)] Single Player, Local Multiplayer 2-4, HD (High Definition). Want more Buku Sudoku? Upgrade to the full version now to unlock 1200 challenging puzzles, four grid sizes, three difficulty levels, two modes, and three varieties of multiplayer action. Play cooperatively with friends, race head-to-head to complete a puzzle first, or try the new battle mode in which completing a line, row, or square will remove numbers from your opponent’s board! There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

PLUS, download the free Puzzle Pack that will give you 1200 new puzzles:

Content: Buku Sudoku - Puzzle Pack 1
Price: Free
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions
Dash Text: [ESRB: E (Everyone)] Extend your Buku Sudoku experience with 1200 new Sudoku puzzles!

Arcade: Warlords
Content: Warlords
Price: 400 Microsoft Points
Availability: Not available in Asia
Dash Text: [ESRB: E (EVERYONE)] Single Player, Xbox LIVE Multiplayer 1-4, Local Multiplayer 1-4, HD (High Definition). A multiplayer classic that resurrects the competitive spirit of arcade games from years gone by. Knock out the other kings in their castles while keeping yourself protected at the same time. Up to four players can join the action with the game taking control of any vacant castles allowing for a variety of single- or multiplayer experiences. The Evo mode even allows players to import their own pictures to their castles! There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/Live/accounts.

voltron

I think the Bombcast summed it up well when they said to get in quick as these games will be hard to find in 6 months.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
voltron said:
I think the Bombcast summed it up well when they said to get in quick as these games will be hard to find in 6 months.

It would be 9 Months and Warlords I would say maybe. Buku Sudoku, I think, is going to do very well. Something that is forgotten by virtually everybody is that the XBLA has a HUGE casual audience segment (The people who bought things like Uno, Texas Hold'Em, Various Popcap Games, and most recently Brain Challenge) that will buy a Sudoku game.

Rlan

Yeah, Brain Challenge has been in the top 5 each week since the game came out. That audience will eat it up.

Sysgen

Tried the Warlords demo lastnight and bought the game (400 pts). It is simple yet captivating. Essentially breakout x4. Very nice HD graphics. Going to try multiplayer and coop tonight. Send me an friends request if you wanna screw around. Also tried the classic version and holy shit talk about a challenge.

kbear

I never played the original Warlords so this was my first time playing the game and I thought it was pretty bad. The controls aren't good... I dunno, it's too sensitive moving the shield back and forth. Best thing about this game is that it's 400 pts apparently? Nice.. about damn time some more games were 400 pts.

Ronabo

beermonkey@tehbias said:
The big question is did they code it to work with the spinner on the (discontinued) Madcatz "arcade" stick.

Kinda. It moves your shield at a snails pace. Not useful at all.

Top Bottom