• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Driller Online is patched!

Jonnyram

And it's really smooth now.
I've played a few matches online and noticed no lag whatsoever. The last round was insanely fierce and me and my opponent both went beyond 500m.

It's important to note that depth is not the deciding factor, also. Your score is what determines who wins, and this includes setting up combos, getting special flags, and so on.

Looks like there's lots of fun to be had now they've fixed it. I wonder if any of the sites will revise their reviews accordingly.

SuperPac

Jonnyram said:
I wonder if any of the sites will revise their reviews accordingly.

My guess is unlikely. Most outlets won't take the time (or spend the freelancer $$$) to re-review. No one re-reviewed Blue Dragon when the download for the Hard difficulty was released, and a lot of the complaints in reviews came from it being too easy.

rothbart

Jonnyram said:
And it's really smooth now.
I've played a few matches online and noticed no lag whatsoever. The last round was insanely fierce and me and my opponent both went beyond 500m.

Could it be there's no lag because you're the last two people interested in playing the game online? :lol

I don't think (sales wise) the patch is going to save Mr. Driller. Looked like everyone got privy to the non-patched version, and avoided it really bad.

One can always hope though - I'm glad they fixed it like it should of been when it debuted a month ago.

Jonnyram

Well I hope Namco learned a lesson from this. But it's a shame it happens to be one of my favourite Namco franchises :/

Beezy

Jonny, play with me later today. I have 800 points that I was saving for Rez, but I'll be buying this instead now that it's patched. :D

Rlan

Just in time for the "May" deadline.

Now the tough part is.. finding someone who's ACTIVELY searching for a game online.

God I hate that about the XBLA. You have to be searching for a SPECIFIC kind of battle SPECIFICALLY on Ranked or Non-Ranked boards and expect someone else to also be doing this at the same time.

I wish all XBLA games had a Crackdown interface where you could just turn on "Accept random invites while in single player mode." Hmph.

Haeleos

After listening to the playerone podcast, I'm tempted to pick this up. I'm a total noob to the game, but it seems like a lot of fun after playing the demo. Is anyone else in the same situation as me? Is it hard to compete online?

My RL friend who lives far away from me and I both own this game and over the weekend we played a lot but we were the only two on. We could never find a game on our own and we were laughing that we didn't need to send each other invites into the game because doing a quick search of the game would put us into each others room.

LevityNYC

Banned
This game is awesome, but no one is ever online playing it. Its really fun people, please pick it up so at least Namco can be rewarded for finally patching the game. I hated that online was broken, but now its not and its a shame that there is never anyone to play online.

Tell some friends, get this started up. We need a grassroots push to get the word out that this game is really awesome and worth picking up.

LevityNYC

Banned
Its essentially the same, but 2 player is a race and a competition for points and for completing rows. You need to go side to side which can make for avalanches and you need to pick up air packs.

Its really frantic, simple and fun

SapientWolf said:
It will if they give it away for free for awhile. Look at how Undertow sales turned around.
Undertow did not need to be given away for free for a sales boost. It had giant-ass lobsters with depth charges to do that.

johnsmith

remember me
xbhaskarx said:
Same here. Is there something more to this game that I'm missing?

Yes.

The game gets much much harder as you progress deeper. If you don't run out of air, you'll get crushed by massive chain reactions.

Ravidrath

Regarding the elimination thing...

I imagine that a company like Namco is all but immune to any threats of "delisting" or whatnot. More than likely they paid for that release slot, and more than likely MS isn't going to do anything to upset them.

Top Bottom