• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NOVASTRIKE for the Playstation 3

vercity82

Found this over at the psblog :)

We just received word that our first game – NOVASTRIKE for the PLAYSTATION 3 – has been approved for release on PSN this upcoming June 5th. So I figure this is as good a time as any to make an appearance on PlayStation.Blog

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Uh, what? What is it?

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Tideas said:
you just destroyed the NDA ;) hahah.

Anyway, your game? want to talk more about it?
His game??

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Kagari said:
Well, at least this week's update won't be shit. A demo and a game confirmed, whew.

Qore exclusive. :D

Hope not.

Edit, watched vid looks pretty awesomes, craft looks tiny though, will have to sit right infront of my TV and fry my brains some more.

Jim

Most important part:

NOVASTRIKE is going to be the first self-published game available on PSN so we’re pretty pleased with that. I’d also like to thank SCEA for all their assistance in making that possible. For you gamers that might understandably not mean much, but for any independent developers that are currently developing a title for PSN or thinking about doing it – we’re proof that you can self-publish a game on PSN.

vercity82

Im definately gonna pick this up myself hope they have a good price on this cant see being anymore than $9.99 well i hope not lol

dante2.jpg

You're not Karasu.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Jim said:
Most important part:

What does Self Published mean to the lay person? It seems to be significant, but how? How is it different than say Pixeljunk games or Everyday shooter which was made by one guy?

Busty

Banned
Jim said:
Most important part:

AGREED 100%.

But I have to say that the productions values on the trailer up at the PSblog are hideous. The flying-at-screen titles at the start of the trailer do the game no favours.

But the game looks like fun, I just hope it's priced at a level that will make people snap it up.

But in saying that....

Good luck guys. :D

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
andydumi said:
What does Self Published mean to the lay person? It seems to be significant, but how? How is it different than say Pixeljunk games or Everyday shooter which was made by one guy?
Well I think the Self Published teams gets all the profit.

AndyD

aka andydumi
From the interview:
"Originally our game was designed to be a gardening simulator, but Sony told us they wanted us a top-down space shooter instead - because there are hardly any top-down shooters around. Joking aside, Sony has definitely been very good about not interfering with the overall game design. I really don't have any complaints there. From a development standpoint I'd be perfectly happy to continue working on future games for Sony's platforms."

Hilarious, I wonder if he knew a gardening simulator was indeed coming to the console, or if he was just making it up.

Aeon712

On one hand I already have Stardust, Everday Shooter and Blast Factor, and on the other hand I really wanna support these guys :(. Here's hoping it's priced good.

Narcosis

haven't you guys heard? All PS3 and 360 games are supposed to be shades of varying brown, thus killing the potential for a garden sim

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Aeon712 said:
On one hand I already have Stardust, Everday Shooter and Blast Factor, and on the other hand I really wanna support these guys :(. Here's hoping it's priced good.
I am with you, I will be supporting these guys and hopefully it's really a good price.

Raistlin

Can't view the video from here, but ...

Its a shooter? - bought!

Its self-published 0_o? - I'll buy 2 copies :)

androvsky

Narcosis said:
haven't you guys heard? All PS3 and 360 games are supposed to be shades of varying brown, thus killing the potential for a garden sim

Including the garden sim coming out for the PS3 in Japan? You think we're joking?

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Dante said:
Nice, I hope they have a demo. Looks like I have a bunch of stuff to queue up on Thursday :)

It would also be awesome if they would have the RE5 trailers up in all it's glorious HD! :D

keyrat

What exactly goes into publishing for the PSN? You don't need physical distribution, you don't really advertise. You'd think it'd be easy for developers to make games and put them up.

Acosta

I'm interested, free roaming shooter could be fun and I like the idea of seeing self-publishing games in a proprietary format as PS3. I think I will get it. Best of lucks!

Top Bottom