• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Timesplitters 4 Revealed - Confirmed [so far] for PS3

Nemesis_

Hmm, I'm not 100% sure on the policy for scans, but Playstation Beyond, one of the sites I"ve visited just posted up some information and confirmation of one of the platforms for Timesplitters 4.

I'm sure people could find them their own way >_> Some clarification of the scans rule would also be nice as I read the TOS and it says nothing about linking to, but only posting - and I am not aware if the word "posting" encompasses posting the scans themselves and the posting of links to scans. >_>

Are people looking forwards to this, or are they now tarnished to the level of Factor 5?

I'm cautiously optimistic, but I'm not sure Free Radical can really cut it in this crowded genre anymore.

watkinzez

My eyes widened at the mention of Simon Pegg making an appearance, but apparently they haven't asked him yet. Shouldn't they be talking about that, you know, after it's a lock?

Slamo

Can't you people stop shiting on good developers because of this stupid console wars?

Just insult Sony, MS and Nintendo ffs.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Visualante said:
I'm looking forward to it.

Same. TimeSplitters was the console FPS before Halo came out.

Any news on whether or not the petition to get TimeSplitters 2 HD was successful? My mind says "lol" but my heart says ":(".

I enjoyed the first couple of Timesplitters, but never got around to 3. I'd be interested in seeing what they come up with given my experiences with the first couple of games, but I'm cautiously optimistic. Hopefully it won't be more of the same, and the FPS genre seems to be a bitch to really innovate in.

RubberJohnny said:
Are people looking forwards to this, or are they now tarnished to the level of Factor 5?

I'm cautiously optimistic, but I'm not sure Free Radical can really cut it in this crowded genre anymore.

Considering I logged something like 14 days worth of time playing Timesplitters 2, I'm pretty sure Free Radical could shit in a bag, tell me it was shit, and I'd buy it.

raYne

Slamo said:
Can't you people stop shiting on good developers because of this stupid console wars?

Just insult Sony, MS and Nintendo ffs.
Where did this happen in this thread?

..and even if it did, they made a shitty game and that's where the supposed feedback would come from. It has nothing to do with any console wars.

RubberJohnny said:
I am, but I'll obviously reserve judgement until we get some media. FR has quite a long way to drop in order to reach Factor 5's level. Hopefully the last game was just a bump in the road.

Rezbit

Stumpokapow said:
I was expecting they'd do a sequel to the critically-acclaimed "Haze" first.

:lol Nearly the first reply!

This is what they should have been doing instead of wasting time on Haze. Please make it funny, lightning fast, with awesome multi. THANKS.

Kydd BlaZe

After the trainwreck that was Haze, i'm not sure if I should be excited about this. Then again, I was never that much of a fan of the series.

Busty

Banned
I will absolutely eat my hat if this game is a PS3 exclusive. Timed or otherwise.

I actually prefer that the TS stay multi platform. Everyone can then enjoy the satirical FPS goodness. :D

Hopefully we'll get a full unveiling at E3.

....along with the 360/PC port of HAZE

industrian said:
Same. TimeSplitters was the console FPS before Halo came out.

Agreed. I played all three TS games to absolute death. Probably the only series I've consistantly done so.

TS 2&3 on the GameCube were a blast to play and I think that FR will right any wrongs they may have made with HAZE.

No doubt.

raYne said:
Your quotation marks are in the wrong place..

ZING......

Lord Phol

Prine said:
These guys need to stop making FPS games, they clearly dont know how.

More Second Sight, less TS

Keep ur filthy mouth shut! :mad:
TS2 is the god damn best fps to ever grace consoles, it peaked my interest in the genre in a way that only goldeneye has before it. We need a new next-gen TS, Free-radical redeem urselves! (and put in that awesome zombie survival co-op horror mode from TS1).

Lord Phol said:
Keep ur filthy mouth shut! :mad:
TS2 is the god damn best fps to ever grace consoles, it peaked my interest in the genre in a way that only goldeneye has before it. We need a new next-gen TS, Free-radical redeem urselves! (and put in that awesome zombie survival co-op horror mode from TS1).

bad taste rules

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Oh yes! A return of humor instead of the serious bs in Haze. This better have as much stuff as the old games. TS2 and 3 owned because of that. :mad:

FightyF

Banned
Hopefully it takes "Game 2.0" concepts to heart. With easy level sharing on par with Halo 3's system, maybe even recording of matches like Halo 3, customizable characters, and all that jazz.

Also like Halo 3, the gameplay and gametypes should be completely customizable.

Lord Phol

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
bad taste rules
Bad_Taste.jpg

orly?

Timesplitters 2 with friends and two player co-op was solid klondike gold. Say what you will about Free Radical, but TS2 was a fun offering.

Alpha_eX said:
Sounds like someone played TS2 on their own with no friends.

I had friends, it was still garbage. The GE/PDZ template just doesn't hold up post Halo, then again if you've never owned a XBox console I could see why you'd disagree with that.

Emiru said:
Free Radical is Garbage, always has been.

Well, I suppose I have some CDs to pick up. Anything to support Free Radical.

Edit: FR if you are listening, bring back Elijah Jones. I want my Eli!

Top Bottom