• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Timesplitters 4 Revealed - Confirmed [so far] for PS3

TheOddOne

I love the quotes Free Radical put up on there website about haze:

"The first thing you'll notice is how beautiful it all is" "HAZE already looks and plays superbly" "We're pumped for HAZE"
- PSM3 (May, 2008) [UK]

"From what we've seen it could be one of the greatest FPS on the PS3 with not only great shooting action but with a deep involving story line. It's going to be awesome."
- PLAY (June, 2007) [UK]

"Free Radical has taken the time to refine HAZE beyond expectations"
"HAZE looks like being, first and foremost, a brilliant current-generation shooter debut for Free Radical"
- EGDE (May, 2008) [UK]

:lol :lol :lol

http://www.frd.co.uk/haze/index.php

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
I love how the shit talkers/haters/naysayers provide such detailed, intelligent and informitive posts. The one that made any sort of effort took the "only fanboys like it" approach. Pathetic.

I wonder if they will focus on getting the game running at 60fps like the rest of them. I'm not sure I'd be willing to sacrifice 720p to get there though....the fuziness of Haze was the biggest turn off for me personally.

I wonder if they will focus on getting the game running at 60fps like the rest of them. I'm not sure I'd be willing to sacrifice 720p to get there though....the fuziness of Haze was the biggest turn off for me personally.
Christ, Haze was what 576p and only ran in 30fps. Extrapolating from that, they should be able to get 60FPS with their tech if they drop the resolution to 480p in 4:3.

EDIT: i and p.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
RubberJohnny said:
Christ, Haze was what 576p and only ran in 30fps. Extrapolating from that, they should be able to get 60FPS with their tech if they drop the resolution to 480p in 4:3.

EDIT: i and p.

Yeah it's not really a big deal to me if they make it 60fps or not - my favorite FPS is 30fps(RFOM) - but the TS series may feel a bit different at 30.

On the other hand - I imagine the trees, foliage, and jungle environment is a lot more hardware intesive than your typical TS design. The lack or vehicles should also allow them to have more resources available than Haze and surely they learned something during development. Just trying to be optimistic here :D

BTW - I remember reading on FR's site last year that an "unlock everything" code exists (I don't remember which TS....maybe all of them?) but nobody figured it out and they said they'd never reveal it themselves. I lost my TS1 and TS2 game saves and really don't feel like unlocking everything again....have they been found yet?

Just checked the site and this is what they say about cheats
FR said:
In The TimeSplitters Series, are there any controller-activated cheats?
Yes. But we've never released them. We like to keep things as impossible as possible

Why do none of your games have cheats?
Would you believe, they actually do - it's just that no one's found them yet...

Timber

Spirit of Jazz said:
I had friends, it was still garbage. The GE/PDZ template just doesn't hold up post Halo, then again if you've never owned a XBox console I could see why you'd disagree with that.
What does Halo have to do with anything? Moreover, is it garbage because its multiplayer has been trumped by CoD4?

Halo and TimeSplitters are such different games, I don't know why you even bothered making the comparison. Both console FPSes, right? There can only be one!

Always excited to hear about a new Time Splitters game. CrowPhoenix and I played TS2 to death in college!

Still, it's pretty clear that FR has trouble with next-gen hardware (Haze)...

I wish they were only concentrating on the Wii for this, like some of us thought for some reason.

Cautious optimism, I'll call it.

EazyB

Banned
The only way I can see anyone getting excited about TS4 is if it's announced to be PS3 exclusive :lol

In all seriousness, I wish FR luck.

Timber said:
Moreover, is it garbage because its multiplayer has been trumped by CoD4?
:lol

Xapati

PacoDG said:
Or at least the Wii (seriously).

I can't buy all three systems yet :(

Unfortunately porting from HD-consoles to Wii is kinda difficult. I seriously wish it weren't though, last gen when you went multiplatform you got it on three systems, these days you only get it on two which leads to less multiplatform titles.

Considering it's a Playstation magazine there's a chance it'll come to the 360. If it doesn't though I'm not sure what I'm gonna do.

Anyway, I've run accross some better scans, which shows excellent artwork. There's also a nice quote:

Jo-Beth Casey is the sort of girl we never seem to meet at parties. Last seen wearing fishnet stockings and a 'SLUT'T-shirt in Timesplitters Future Perfect, this world exclusive art from the upcoming fourth game sees her transformed into a sexy chainsaw wielding nun with a torn, bloodsmeared habit. [...]
:lol

Timber

darkressurection said:
Did you guys miss the most important part?
SIMON PEGG MIGHT BE CONTRIBUTING TO THE GAME!
YEAH MOTHERFUCKERS! WOOOOOOO!
Isn't Timesplitters the game they're playing in Shaun of the Dead? Really cool.

HELL YEAH. No matter what people think about Haze, one thing is clear:

TIMESPLITTERS (2) IS THE BEST DAMN CONSOLE FPS EVER

So drooling all over this.

Emiru said:
Yes, the last good game they made was on n64

Yeah I know, just like these guys.

PerfectDark_1boite.jpg

traveler

Not Wario
Haven't really liked what I've seen/played of Haze, but I really loved TS2, so here's hoping TS4 comes out great.

Feindflug

I enjoyed the Timesplitters series on the PS2/XBOX but TimeSplitters 2 being the best console FPS of last gen?...WTF? :lol

Though I still hope for the new TS game to be fun & polished like the past games of the series.

Xapati

Feindflug said:
I enjoyed the Timesplitters series on the PS2/XBOX but TimeSplitters 2 being the best console FPS of last gen?...WTF? :lol

Though I still hope for the new TS game to be fun & polished like the past games of the series.

Timesplitters 3 is my favorite fps of all time, I prefer it more then Halo or Half Life 2. Some people just have weird tastes :lol

Cool, I guess. I hope they address some of the shortcomings of the series. I've always considered the timesplitters games to be a sort of "My First Console FPS" type experience. I'm actually surprised they even have a publisher after the whole Haze debacle.....

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Well I hope that this game actually forces the team to bust out with their A game instead of the D-C game that they brought to Haze.

Firestorm

Prine said:
These guys need to stop making FPS games, they clearly dont know how.

More Second Sight, less TS
They make GoldenEye, Perfect Dark (I think), TimeSplitters, and then they make Haze and everything is invalidated?

Top Bottom