• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Star Wars: TFU screens (Wii)

gutshot

star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20080702024818582_640w.jpg

star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20080702024821566_640w.jpg

star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20080702024824160_640w.jpg

star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20080702024826847_640w.jpg

star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20080702024830785_640w.jpg

star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20080702024833191_640w.jpg

star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20080702024841300_640w.jpg

Source

gutshot

DayShallCome said:
I think it's more akin to a deeper version of the No More Heroes control scheme.

Pretty much, here's a quote from the preview. Sounds pretty awesome if you ask me.

As maybe the most important aspect of our hands-on time with the game, we're happy to report that the motion control in The Force Unleashed is extremely tight and reliable, and actually some of the best we've seen for any Wii action game. Swipes from left to right, right to left, vertical upper-cuts and slams, and even stab motions worked extremely well – nearly 100% of the time – and even dual-handed motion such as the huge fore maelstrom or complicated push + lighting variations worked almost flawlessly. Force Unleashed was fun last time around, but it was a total waggle-fest. This time, we were able to actually decide exactly how to dispose of enemies, and it was extremely rewarding. It was easy to throw characters into one another, lift a baddy up into the air and then saber throw, the lock-on camera worked great for bosses, and even the "tilt to the side" block with the Wii-mote worked every time we wanted it to. Force Unleashed had potential before, but it's a blast to play now.

Milabrega

Looks good.

And these guys got laid off? With a good looking Wii title like that on their resume they should find a new job in no time.

The main arena environment in the video was a little sparse, and the enemies are straight up stupid. The camera was a little twitchy especially doing some of the force powers. The Darth boss looked thoroughly dull.

On the other hand, it does appear to have the best art on Wii, perhaps even outstripping Metroid Prime's cluttered environments. Music ain't bad either.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Milabrega said:
Looks good.

And these guys got laid off? With a good looking Wii title like that on their resume they should find a new job in no time.

No, I believe Krome is developing this.

freddy

Banned
I think the use of colours in this game is quite refreshing and sadly, almost nostalgic. Good going guys. Thumbs up from me.

Visualante said:
On the other hand, it does appear to have the best art on Wii, perhaps even outstripping Metroid Prime's cluttered environments. Music ain't bad either.

Yeah, not really. It looks alright, but in terms of art it's definitely B-level: competent and sometimes quite attractive, but the missing polish and flair of an A-level title like MP3 or SMG.

You always have to remind yourself, even if the single player affair isn't AWESOME...

You can actually select Darth Maul in multiplayer! :D

Monocle

If Vader's an unlockable character, I'm sold. Using him for only a single level is too cruel a tease.

May pick this up with the PS3 version if the controls are actually something interesting. It does look fairly good for a Wii game.

It doesn't look bad, but I lost my capacity to care about Star Wars a while ago. George Lucas took my fond childhood memories and either distorted or rammed them down my throat so many times that I ceased to care.

pakkit

Banned
Wait so Clone Wars gets the "KROME STUDIOS LOLOL" but this doesn't? At least be even-handed with your bias, GAF.

GrotesqueBeauty said:
It doesn't look bad, but I lost my capacity to care about Star Wars a while ago. George Lucas took my fond childhood memories and either distorted or rammed them down my throat so many times that I ceased to care.

Yeah this is going to have to get really favorable reviews/impressions for me to consider a purchase, mostly because I'm getting tired of the license.

Deku

Banned
This is the exclusive, or the multi console game where the staff were fired after they completed it?

Sorry too many similar star wars games from LucasArts.

Deku said:
This is the exclusive, or the multi console game where the staff were fired after they completed it?

Sorry too many similar star wars games from LucasArts.

This is the multi-platform title, but IIRC it was outsourced to Krome in Australia. The culls were at LucasArts.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
i love it when devs try to get a decent product out the door, even when it's the IP equivalent of always commercials. probably will pick it up.

laserbeam

Banned
looks to be pretty good. Having a multiplayer duel mode while the others dont certainly gives it the ability to have far more replay value with others.

The fighting multiplayer movies just made this a must buy for me. Hell, I'd rather play that than the actual game. Screens do not do justice.

lordmrw

No bad at all. You can see that they're at least putting some of the Wii's extra power to use over the PS2, but its a damn shame this wasn't built from the ground up.

JoeFenix

Looks pretty good, it's going to come down to how the controls feel. I have no issues with it not being 1:1 for the saber but there is always a slight disconnect in these types of games with motion controls.

Almost feels like lag, you swing and it takes a tiny bit of time to start the animation... If they can get it to play responsively then it could be pretty interesting, force push with a nunchuck motion would be badass! :D

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
lordmrw said:
No bad at all. You can see that they're at least putting some of the Wii's extra power to use over the PS2, but its a damn shame this wasn't built from the ground up.

Wait for Clone Wars.

Also yeah battle mode looks fun but... glitchy. :/ Should've been spunoff into its own full game with more polish and online, IMO. Still a nice extra to pretty good looking single-player game. <3

markatisu

Was already going to get the Wii version but if the controls are any way similar to No More Heroes it just went to a standing in line to buy game!

Top Bottom