• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Monkey Ball Deluxe screens

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
super-monkey-ball-deluxe-20050120050526992.jpg

super-monkey-ball-deluxe-20050120050527742.jpg

super-monkey-ball-deluxe-20050120050550944.jpg

super-monkey-ball-deluxe-20050120050551631.jpg

super-monkey-ball-deluxe-20050120050605912.jpg

super-monkey-ball-deluxe-20050120050606646.jpg

super-monkey-ball-deluxe-20050120050643347.jpg

super-monkey-ball-deluxe-20050120051526114.jpg

super-monkey-ball-deluxe-20050120051529614.jpg

super-monkey-ball-deluxe-20050120051530395.jpg

super-monkey-ball-deluxe-20050120051531098.jpg

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I can safely say I'm the biggest Monkey Ball fan on this forum. Spent more time with the two games than any other videogame, ever.

From the looks of things, I give these new levels my stamp of approval. Less moving parts, more pure skill. They better have added some new master levels.

Still FUCKING PISSED its not GCN-bound... it won't be the same with any other control stick :( The notches were key! Monkey Ball pros know this!

Super Monkey Ball Deluxe is Super Monkey Ball 1, Super Monkey Ball 2 and all these new levels for 20$ US?

Damn, I feel bad for gamecube.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
GDJustin said:
Still FUCKING PISSED its not GCN-bound... it won't be the same with any other control stick :( The notches were key! Monkey Ball pros know this!

Do you have a Xbox controller? Because this argument is just stupid, especially if "notches" is the difference. Put this bullshit to bed already.

And believe me, it should be GC bound, it sucks for single console owners that they likely won't play the extra levels. And having all the party games on one disc is excellento.

Hellraizah

Are these screens from the PS2 or Xbox version ?

*keeps fingers crossed for 720p on Xbox*

*double crosses fingers for Xbox Live....*

john tv said:
When is this coming out?

I think they'll make a GC ver... it'd be dumb not to.

It might even spurn a few more GC sales, than still selling them separate. At worst it'd be owning the two games in one package, like GTA Double Pack. Hell it even has some extra content to entice sales from existing SMB owners.

Soybean

I think I'll buy this, even if it doesn't hit Gamecube. I'll be paying $20 for extra levels, but whatever, man.

Enigma

Jonnyram said:
I don't think it'll all fit on a single GC disc :lol

Why? There aren't any long cut scenes. There's not a ton of music. And have you looked at the pictures (I don't remember the GC version looking that lousy), there aren't a whole lot of textures at work. 1.5G should have room to burn.

Mrbob

Wow, this is an insanely nice package for 20 bucks! I'll be picking it up right away.

I'm sure the final version will be up and running at 60FPS. Behold the graphical power of Monkey Ball bringing the Xbox to its knees!

sammy

Damn! not 60fps??? ... MB is one of those games that needs 60fps...

I hope they're running it at 1080i .... god I hope so

$19 I'm sold

The game's gonna be pretty damn hard without the GC angle notches on the analog.... Those were my secret weapon.

itschris

White Man said:
Any word on new minigames?

http://smbdx.sega-europe.com/

Go to the "Multiplayer Apes" section on the left side. Seems like there won't be any new games, unless they're unlockable secrets not mentioned on the site.

Also, it looks like the original six games from SMB1 have been combined with the sequels from SMB2 to form the new DX versions (the other six games from SMB2 seem unchanged).

I'll probably get this eventually, mainly for the 46 new levels. I hope they have SMB3 in the works though... This isn't good enough. :p

I wish I knew for a fact that this would make it out here and that the Xbox version would not leave out any feature of the two GC versions. If so I'd go ahead and trade those in because you know the already low value will plummet the moment it's released.

I'm just afraid there will be some "catch" to the XB version where I'll miss the old ones. For example, monkey target worked/played completely different in MB1 and MB2. Will we be getting both of these or just some combo game that has the new physics and merely the boards from MB1? What about the "Wheel of Destruction" spinner from the first monkey target?

I'll just have to wait and see, I guess. In the meantime I'll keep my old versions.

itschris said:
Also, it looks like the original six games from SMB1 have been combined with the sequels from SMB2 to form the new DX versions

Boo! Hiss!

Now I'll have to keep my GC versions and get the new one. I hate it when companies do this.

Top Bottom