• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 @ E3 2008 - ONLINE Revealed

Wollan

newkz2logo-1.jpg

Release: February 2009
Developer: Guerrilla Games

Genre: The PS3 Flagship game(tm).

Online details:
• 32 Players
• Zomg graphics
• 'Badges' (means tweakable TF like classes. Basically you can mix two classes of your choice or keep one singular focused one. Primary & Secondary skills.)
• Clan Valor points (clans (64players max) bet against each other before a match, winners take all. New clan starts with 1000 points)
• You unlock more stuff as you level up, ranks, ribbons, medals, trophies
• Five game modes including Assassination, Body Count, Search & Destroy, Search & Retrieve
• Built in system for regular Clan Tournaments (a ladder supports 256 clans)
• Eight maps currently (some made for as low as 12 players while others for 32 players)
• Dynamic missions: Comp controls, one round might be Body Count, next (all within same match) might be Assassination..etc
• Global dedicated servers
• Killzone.com will keep track of all stats
• KZ2 is more or less feature complete (no co-op or split screen), six more months of polish and tuning
• KZ2 Multiplayer has been in testing globally for over a year.

• MP Demonstration and Interview @ Gamespot (Hi-Res):

• MP Trailer @ YouTube
• Producer Interview @ Gametrailers
• SP @ Jeuxvideo.TV
• Miyamoto wants @ Youtube

• Menu screens
• NeoGAF Gifs!
• ArsTechnica MP Text Preview
• IGN MP Text Preview

sniper.gif

Killzone2_E3Trailer-HD1080.gif

Killzone2_MP_Running.gif

BruceLeeRoy said:
HOLY SHIT!!!
You guys have to download this it looks incredible!!!

RIGHT CLICK - SAVE AS - E3 08 MP Trailer 1080P

*Trailer also available on the PS Store*

drknite said:
Posted yet?
MP Info said:
Killzone 2 Badge System:

Rather than adhere to a rigid character class system, Killzone 2’s online mode allows the player to mix abilities from different roles to better suit his / her preferred style of play. Abilities are represented by badges: the primary badge defines the main role of the player character, as well as its outward appearance, while the secondary badge serves as a complementary ability that enhances the main role.

Although their player characters look different, both Helghast and ISA factions have the same set of roles and badges to choose from. Here they are, from left to right:

Rifleman:
The default multiplayer character is assigned when no primary badge is selected. A secondary badge may still be added. Riflemen can start with most weapons, except for the specialized ones.

Engineer:
Primary badge ability: Sets up an automated turret which targets the enemy.
Secondary badge ability: Repairs ammunition dispensers, mounted guns, and automated turrets.

Medic:
Primary badge ability: Revives downed team mates.
Secondary badge ability: Throws a health pack, which can be picked up by other players.

Scout:
Primary badge ability: Uses a cloaking suit to become near-invisible.
Secondary badge ability: Tags all on-screen enemy players with a hidden marker, which broadcasts their coordinates to team mates.

Assault:
Primary badge ability: Dons heavy armour twice as strong as normal.
Secondary badge ability: Temporarily boosts running speed.

Tactician:
Primary badge ability: Throws a coloured smoke grenade, which serves as a spawn point.
Secondary badge ability: Requests air support from a sentry bot which targets the enemy.

Saboteur:
Primary badge ability: Assumes the disguise of a randomly selected enemy player.
Secondary badge ability: Throws a sticky, proximity-activated C-4 charge.

578f84fc75.jpg

9ssdol.jpg

20hafy8.jpg

4kfmg5.jpg

kz21858.jpg

2ro55q8.jpg

kz22229.jpg

2m6n1ub.jpg

kz23768.jpg

21b9lxs.jpg

kz24214.jpg

fz6p2t.jpg

13zai4l.jpg

• Official E3 2007 Reveal Thread
• Killzone 2 @ Leipzig 07 Resource Thread
• Killzone 2 Re-Emergence Thread May 2008
• www.killzone.com (Totally redesigned, July)
• http://www.guerrilla-games.com/ (Company Website)

KZFooter.gif

itxaka

Defeatist
doesn´t the classes sound like the TF2 ones?

Mind you that i´m not a TF2 player so i´m probably mistaken and this is not a troll post, i´m really intrigued.

Downloading video....go faster!!

BeeDog

Damn I hoped all those rumors about persistent battlefields and big-scale shit would be here. :( Well the bright side is still that not much has been revealed yet.

Ploid 3.0

itxaka said:
doesn´t the classes sound like the TF2 ones?

Mind you that i´m not a TF2 player so i´m probably mistaken and this is not a troll post, i´m really intrigued.

Downloading video....go faster!!

The good thing (or rather, the bad thing) is that the TF2 on orange box is unsupported, and lacking. This won't be cartoony, and have the cover system so it won't play the same at all. I'm sure GG will support the heck out of it. This will have a nice spot on PS3.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I don't have time to download this tonight (time to go to bed methinks!), but that GIF is super nice..

LCfiner

looking good... looking good...

I like the idea of cross-pollinating abilities from different classes. should make things more varied.

Dante

I said it in the other thread, The multi player looks better than pretty much every other games single player graphics.

Pretty amazing.

Fatbot

Banned
The class abilities look excellent. If its well balanced this will be the MP of 2009 for me.

I'm sure I'll be done with Gears and Resistance by then.

Great googly moogly, that's what multplayer looks like? That's look incredible!

And Sony didn't even show it off at the press conference?

Who the heck was in charge of that thing anyway?!

FirewalkR

I was gonna suggest that someone created a thread but no one can stop you Wollan. :lol

Sony is delivering after all!

This is on the American PSN store (at least).

Dante

The Nature Roy said:
And how the fuck does this not get mentioned at the Sony press conference?

Major ball droppage not showing this and the new Motorstorm 2 trailer at the conf.

The Nature Roy said:
And how the fuck does this not get mentioned at the Sony press conference?

Because they really fucked-up and dropped the ball today.

Now, onto more important business: +1 Time Machine set to K2's release date please.

h3ro

This is going to ruffle some feathers, but this game looks more polished and just overall better than Resistance 2.

I think Sony delayed the wrong game...

Why the hell isn't this shit all over G4? Sony freaking sucks at marketing and getting people hyped about shit. CliffyB is right, you want a successful game, make the game a fucking event.. why is shit being released on Sony's press site, but not mentioned in KZ2's live demo on national TV and international live feeds (G4)... idiots.

FirewalkR

Dante said:
Major ball droppage not showing this and the new Motorstorm 2 trailer at the conf.

You said it. Instead of that shit dev talk... I can't even figure out to whom that part of the conference was directed.

h3ro said:
This is going to ruffle some feathers, but this game looks more polished and just overall better than Resistance 2.

The way I see it, Sony _owes_ Insomniac a lot, and that explains why they delayed KZ2.

Don't worry though, R2 is going to be great, no doubt about it.

drknite

Can't wait to eat some Kobe tubesteak
h3ro said:

Nah too much stuff going on this holiday season (across all consoles). Let Killzone 2 stand and shine alone in February.

Top Bottom