• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Late to the Verdict: Phoenix Wright 3 and Ace Attorney 4

Himuro said:
Really? I heard the opposite.
Honestly, offhand, I can only think of one sort-of instance of supernatural going-ons, but it's not really something that's ever abused and you don't even realize it 'til the end anyways. ::shrug::

Either way, I'm a huge Phoenix Wright fan (I have the massive artbook coming from PlayAsia on the 30th, when the Subarashiiki Kono Sekai + TWEWY soundtrack launches). I think the new characters take a bit of getting used to, but it's nice to see they don't try and simply shoehorn new characters into the roles of all the characters from the first three games.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS DON'T READ THIS UNTIL YOU BEAT PW3 HIMURO

Godot bleeding from under his mask and his dialogue in that scene was an amazing scene

case 1, 4 and 5 really tie together to shape an incredible experience... man I fell like replaying those cases

Godot approves.

godot-chugs.gif

Wait, what? AA4 probably had the least crazy superstitious stuff going on.

In PW3,
there is an actual ghost who appears in court.
You can't get more superstitious than that.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Godot is amazing, yes. PW3 is overall my favorite in the trilogy, though my personal favorite case is the final one in 2 despite it being my least favorite of the games.

I have no idea where you heard about the supernatural stuff in AA4 though, it's a lot better in that instance, even though it isn't completly devoid of it.

Himuro said:
Oh Jesus Christ. I may end up hating AA4.

AA4 actually explains Apollo's powers using pseudo-science rather than superstition. But...if I told you anything else it would be t3h spoilorz.

Grecco

Im currently in the last case of Apollo Justice Ace Attorney so ill probably have a write up soon. (I got the awesome artbook this week from a friend who just came back from Japan too).

But ill say i prefer Edgeworth to Godot alot. Hes maybe third in prosecutors.

jvalioli

Godot's pretty awesome, but if you aren't digging the supernatural stuff the last case (featuring his most awesome moments) won't be that interesting to you.

Grecco

Himuro said:
WHY OH WHY DOES THE WORLD HATE ME

I'M GOING ON A VACATION TO PRETEND TO BE DEAD

*rolls eyes*

Meh hes awesome. Hes what you want in a rival. The Larry Bird to Magic Johnson, the Vegetta to Goku.

Grecco

Speaking of awesome. I really really really like Emma Skye. Liked her since case 5 of PW1. She was wayy better than Maya Fey as an assistant and shes awesome as the detective in AJAA

Fantastical

Death Prophet
You're still on Case 3? Case 5 is amazing. My favorite in the series.
Grecco said:
Speaking of awesome. I really really really like Emma Skye. Liked her since case 5 of PW1. She was wayy better than Maya Fey as an assistant and shes awesome as the detective in AJAA
I like her, but I think Maya is WAYY better than Emma. I liked her a lot in AJAA.
Quiet... it's snack time.... MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH...

Grecco

Himuro said:
Godot is a far better arch rival to me. That guy keeps stacking evidence piece after evidence, he's cocky, he drinks coffee, he throws coffee cups at you.

Finish the game. Then get back to me.

jvalioli

Fantastical said:
You're still on Case 3? Case 5 is amazing. My favorite in the series.

I like her, but I think Maya is WAYY better than Emma. I liked her a lot in AJAA.
Quiet... it's snack time.... MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH...
He's not going to like case 5 :\

As far as Emma vs Maya. I don't mind having Emma as an assistant. The characters were fairly similar in AA1 anyway. But as her being a detective, she doesn't even come close to being as good as Gumshoe.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I really don't understand the Edgeworth hate... but either way... I love when you make a huge discovery and it pans over to Godot who grabs a cup of coffee... slowly smells it, then sips it, then spits it out everywhere. It made me laugh everytime. It's just such a big buildup for a spit take. :p

jvalioli said:
He's not going to like case 5 :\

As far as Emma vs Maya. I don't mind having Emma as an assistant. The characters were fairly similar in AA1 anyway. But as her being a detective, she doesn't even come close to being as good as Gumshoe.
Agreed on the Gumshoe part. Gumshoe is so lovable, and he has a cute smile... and eye movements. :D

cvxfreak said:
I still think Franziska's a better attorney than Godot.

2a50wwk.gif
I can't believe this foolish foolishness that this fool foolishly thinks that Franziska>Godot. Fool.
Not nearly enough fools :(

Grecco

Himuro said:
I like her too.

My question is when the hell is Phoenix going to hook up with someone or is really that gay for Edgeworth?

Theres probably some gay fan fic Wright and Edgeworth story around is there.

oh and yeah finish the game plz. Ill bet you totally change your thoughts

Grecco

Jazzy Network said:
Last case in AA3 was the best case in any AA game. Period.

Its awesome but Case 5 in AA1, Case 4 in AA2 and so far Case 4 in AA4 have been pretty awesome too imo.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Undubbed said:
Thank you. It's just funnier in the game because the music stops and you expect him to say something contradictory to Wright's claims... only to have him spit out his coffee in disbelief. :lol

I'm playing AJAA right now, and I agree. Klavier is indeed awful.

jvalioli said:
Never understood the hate for Klavier. Not every prosecutor should be trying to bend the defense attorney over.
He tries to be way too badass, in my opinion.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Case 5 is just so suspenseful and the case with the most good twists, in my opinion. But yeah, you may hate 5 after reading your entire post. I couldn't put the game down though.

Case said:
are any of you looking forward to Perfect Prosecutor?
What PW fan, in their right mind, isn't? Can't wait for some Edgeworthy goodness.

Anyone else notice how the dialogue is getting more and more out there, and more and more funny. :p It seems like the team in charge of localization caught on to how well the series was doing and let loose. I'm really enjoying it. I remember there being a quite risque joke in either AJAA or PW3 that really surprised me. :lol

MechaX

Himuro said:
Oh, and Godot....Godot is the best. THE BEST. Unlike pussy ass Edgeworth, Godot is a real man and not a man baby.

If you thought Godot was manly.. well... Prepare yourself for AA4, because-

THIS PARTY IS GETTING CRAZY

ani-kyouya-airguitar.gif

Undubbed

Fantastical said:
Thank you. It's just funnier in the game because the music stops and you expect him to say something contradictory to Wright's claims... only to have him spit out his coffee in disbelief. :lol

I can't remember for the life of me if he actually did the whole slide cup, sniff and spit take though. I just got tired of seeing just stupid .3 ms spit take from the court records; it needed more suspense. So I took it upon myself to combine all the gifs into a coherent animation :D

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Undubbed said:
I can't remember for the life of me if he actually did the whole slide cup, sniff and spit take though. I just got tired of seeing just stupid .3 ms spit take from the court records; it needed more suspense. So I took it upon myself to combine all the gifs into a coherent animation :D
I'm almost positive he does. He may not slide the cup, but I know for a fact that he sniffs, sips, and spit takes. :p

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My only problem with 4 is that it is too damn easy.

It's basically a reintroduction to the series, so I guess a bit can be forgiven.

Seriously though it's only slightly tougher than PW:AA.

4 is hilarious though.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
What the fuck?

The wacky jappy sense of humor and style is what makes this game so great. The supernatural stuff is pretty awesome.

If you want less of that kind of stuff, play Ace Attorney 4, there is less supernatural and less wacky jappy.

:(

Grecco

Hcoregamer00 said:
What the fuck?

The wacky jappy sense of humor and style is what makes this game so great. The supernatural stuff is pretty awesome.

If you want less of that kind of stuff, play Ace Attorney 4, there is less supernatural and less wacky jappy.

:(

There is plenty of Wacky japanesse humor in AA4. Plenty.

Top Bottom