• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magical Girl Witch Trial an upcoming Mystery x Death adventure game, uncover who is the witch and who must die.

e7KXXks.png

Synopsis
On the morning of her first year of high school, Emma wakes up in a dimly lit cage.

She is trapped in a prison house on an isolated island in the middle of the ocean, with no memory of what happened to her.

Emma is confused, and so are the other captive girls.

Then an owl appears and tells them, "You are a threat to this world."

"You have been identified as possible witches who are harmful to this world."

"You will live here as prisoners."

The routine she had taken for granted was disrupted.

Emma gets to know other girls who are also potential witches during her time as a prisoner,

One day, a murder occurs.

The owl gathers the girls and says to them, "I will hold a witch trial."

That is to say, the girls are to be selected from among the group as [witches].

......, i.e, selecting those to be executed,

It was the start of a cruel game.

Game System
1 - ADV part depicting the girls' despair and betrayal
The main character, Emma, is locked up in a mysterious prison house and lives with a group of " witch candidates " who possess unique magic.
The girls who have the potential to become witches all have some kind of " trauma " in their past.
They may be captivated by murderous impulses and hallucinations due to strong stress.
What is the prison house? Who is a witch? Who is the real mastermind?
Even after completing the story, new perspectives will be revealed, and the story will take on a new form as the girls' hearts and minds are torn apart.

2 - Witch Trial Part
At the " Witch Trials " on the occasion of "murders" that occur periodically during the game,
The player must decide the murderer, the "witch," by majority vote among themselves.
Players will get hints from the words of the unique girls and the "evidence" collected in the ADV part of the game,
The player must uncover the contradictions in their statements and find the lying " witch " by taking hints from the words of the girls' unique personalities and "evidence" collected in the ADV part.
Each girl has her own unique magic, which may play a significant role in the trickery of the case.

3 - Uniquely decadent artwork
The world of this work unfolds with beautiful, dark artwork and sound that is a unique interpretation of Gothic.

An upcoming adv by Acacia, a former scenario writing group turned full game dev, it seems to be in the vein of Ace Attorney/Danganronpa with a magical girl twist. Pretty interesting and I dig the art style. It's projected to come out in 2025 on Steam. The dev has expressed interest in an overseas release, which I feel is likely to happen considering their crowdfund campaign is doing well. All of the info in this thread was taken from the game's official website and campaign, translated via DeepL/GTranslate.

The website has more info and character descriptions so it's worth checking out if you're interested.

Top Bottom