• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Nintendo Voice Chat Podcast - Ep. 20

The M.O.B

IGN said:
August 26, 2008 - Welcome to the Nintendo Voice Chat podcast. Each week your IGN Nintendo Team – made up of Matt Casamassina, Mark Bozon, and Daemon Hatfield, – get together to talk about all things Nintendo. No Craig this week because he's halfway around the world, eating bratwurst and drinking beer.

This week's topics include: The "On Our Radar List of What To Buy in 2008 Since Things Are Slow", the future of EA's Nintendo offerings, now that Wii MotionPlus lingers in 2009, and of course, more reader questions.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/903/903074p1.html

Direct Download here.

The Summary

Tiger Woods 09 All-Play
-Framerate ironed out from earlier versions
-Huge step up from previous games
-They really like it
-Review is up tomorrow
-One of the best golf games they played ever
-Graphics have noticeable boost
-Online is almost Flawless
(Yep,they talked about 10secs about it.)

IGN's list of potentially or definitely good Wii games for 2008 only
-Star Wars: Force Unleashed
-Bozon likes Wii version more than 360 version
-Less things to pick up in Wii version is actually better,no clutter,easier to pick things up
-Can block and move in version, says thats not in 360 version(I dunno about that)
-60 fps

Wario Land
-Good Old-School Mechanics

De Blob
-Multiplayer revealed next week
-Too many hands-ons
-moar old-skool platforming

Dakapon Kingdom-(Oct 14)
-Suprisingly awesome
-A Fun mario party with a twist
-cool rpg gameplay

Nauto:Clash of Ninja 2
-For naruto fans only(like all)

GH:World Tour
-Has everything the other versions has plus exclusive stuff(Gaf thread on this)
-nuff said,awesome

Skate IT
-Favor playing with Balance Board

Tales of Symphonia 2
Little King Story
Animal Crossing:City Folk
-They are not convinced with Deadly Creatures, but excited to see.
Sim City Creator
Samba De Amigo

IGN's DS List of potentially or definitely good games for 2008 only

Lock's Quest
Viva Pinata
DQ 4
Disgea DS
Rune Factory 2
Bleach Dark Souls
Caslvania: Order of Esclessia
Gauntlet
Tecmo Bowl
Moon
Age of empires:Mythologies
Chrono Trigger DS
Ash(if they ever see it)
Away Shuffle Dungeon

IGN LIST WARS OVAR

Some talk about lack of balance board support from 1st and 3rd,

MotionPlus
-What they expected back in 06
-Works just how you would expect

-Renegade Kid's Wii game revealed this Friday.

NHL2k9
-tech is bad
-hard passing
-they want EA to step up and make NHL10 for Wii really awesome

Q&A time

-MM9, going to be awesome, PS kids don't bother
-SW:FU worth buying? Yeah, fun, and a good beat'em up
-Want Lucas Arts to bring back jedi knight and make it awesome with motionplus
-TOS2, don't have the game yet, will have soon hopefully
-GH:WT instruments work for RB Wii? No, but VV rocks
-Madden 09 is fun, but it should look better? Looks pretty good, but agrees they can do more
-More old school goodness? Miyamoto hinted? Reggie hinted?
-R* are pr ninjas, no GTA:Chinatown stuff yet
-MORE STORAGE PLS
-Castlevania OoE, better than PoR, really good,
-Castlevania: Judgement ddddddissappointmenttttttOOOONNNNNNNNN! Konami's SCL?
-Rumor about capcom doing a big game for wii
-Free Radical is doing BF3 for wii, WHERE'S TS4!
-MM9 interest, but no played them before. Play MM on VC?
-MM9 quite long for you go for extra stuff
-Fat Princess for wiiware? Swords and Soldiers is a similar vibe
-Want a Wind Waker style for next zelda
-Exclusive nintendo GH songs? Not likely, just get the unofficial stuff ppl upload
-Sonic Unleashed is likely poo
-Super Mario Galaxy is awesome, consider a 10 until issues showed up
-Boom Blox is good, definitely pick it up(awesome storytelling too)
-Overlord looks pretty good
-TGS third party stuff will probably show up, LKS likely be there
-controls work will in SWFU

some Too Human drama
-I'm not typing all the drama out, go listen if you care about it
-think the combat is fun
-if you like the Diablo type experience you should try
-wii game not in the cards from SK

Summary is complete

yoopoo

Banned
Fatso # 2 likes Wii version of Forced Unleased better than other two.

Fatso # 1 "They went drunk with technology"...referring to the other versions.

Fantastical said:
That was terrible, really boring, can't believe I sat through that, new mature game in development, etc.
Adding Daemon was the smartest thing they've done. I'm actually willing to listen to it as he somewhat balances out the others.

Magik

jaundicejuice said:
Could Casamassina sound more unenthusiastic about the some of the games he pimps?

Yeah, he's definitely unenthusastic though that seems quite normal for IGN. I wouldn't be surprised his lack of enthusiasm comes from the fact that he probably doesn't want to do the podcast to begin with and is only doing it cause he's told to.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Magik said:
Yeah, he's definitely unenthusastic though that seems quite normal for IGN. I wouldn't be surprised his lack of enthusiasm comes from the fact that he probably doesn't want to do the podcast to begin with and is only doing it cause he's told to.

That's what I've always assumed.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The M.O.B said:
Nauto:Clash of Ninja 2
-For naruto fans only(like all)

This is a lie if it is anything like the other games in the series. Which it is.

My buddies and I to this day still play GNT 4 religiously during fighting game night. Seven of us. Only two of us know anything about the manga/show. It is one seriously fun 3D fighting game.

wsippel

Banned
Fantastical said:
Hell yeah! Can't wait to see what it is.
According to GameSetWatchs rumor section, Renegade Kid is currently working on a project titled Son of the Dragon. They speculate this might be their Wii project.

legend166 said:
What does Matt say about it? He was a huuuuuuuge fan of Dyack/Silicon Knights.

He talks in defence of the game and then rambles on a bit about the whole NeoGAF/Dyack fiasco. I just don't need to hear about it so I skipped through the segment, I skipped through almost all of that podcast. It's like ten minutes of information padded out over an hour.

markatisu

ICallItFutile said:
You can block in the PS3 version and quick dash, which is what I assume he means by move in. 360 version must be the same.

They said block and "move" in, thats different then the dash move as thats not really moving its an action

When you block on STFU you basically just stand there and become a shield if I remember the PS3 demo

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
markatisu said:
They said block and "move" in, thats different then the dash move as thats not really moving its an action

When you block on STFU you basically just stand there and become a shield if I remember the PS3 demo

My bad, misread it from the way he worded it.

jrricky

Banned
fernoca said:
YOU! ..STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:|
:lol

Great podcast.

And for the record, you people bitch about the podcast like a broken record. If you dont like it dont post saying that you dont, whats the point? Every week :lol .

MarkusRJR

DeaconKnowledge said:
Free Radical working on BF3? What's that?
Star Wars: Battlefront 3.

Something you might want to add to podcast: They mention Sonic and the Black Knight and say Sega should speed Sonic up (in comparison to SatSR) and not focus too much on combat.

While I do agree that Sega shouldn't focus that much on combat (if they do it'll be Werehog V. 2), Sonic SHOULDN'T be sped up. Sega hasn't even gotten Sonic's controls working well for the current speeds, and going any faster will make it (and any other future 3D Sonic games) even more of a mess.

AlternativeUlster said:
Wait, a new Battlefront? That is fucking amazing. What system? Is it for the Wii?

According to Wikipedia:

Star Wars: Battlefront III is rumored to be the fourth game in the Star Wars: Battlefront series. It will likely be developed by Free Radical Design [1] however their website lists merely a "Secret Lucasarts Project".[2] [3] It should be noted that neither Free Radical Design nor Lucas Arts have announced this project to be Star Wars: Battlefront III. An alleged ex-LucasArts employee, however, did come forward to Kotaku, unofficially announcing several games in development, including Battlefront III.[4] For a brief period of time on July 8, 2008, Battlefront III was listed on Amazon.com as being released for the Wii, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Playstation 2, Nintendo DS, and PSP on March 15, 2009 [5] but the listing was later removed.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
IGN's list of potentially or definitely good Wii games for 2008 only
-Star Wars: Force Unleashed
-Bozon likes Wii version more than 360 version
-Less things to pick up in Wii version is actually better,no clutter,easier to pick things up
-Can block and move in version, says thats not in 360 version(I dunno about that)
-60 fps
:D

I would say the lack of enthusiasm coming from Casamassina is a microcosm of Nintendo fans' feelings in general. Nintendo is not doing anything to stoke our hype or even throw us a bone.

Andrex said:
Renegade Kid's? Oooh, yes.

Well, it could turn out to be Dementium: Zombie Party Ward or MoonFit: Prevent Muscle Degeneration In Low-G In Minutes A Day, so let's remain sceptical until we get more information.

eznark

Banned
Valtor said:
what did he say? can't listen in right now

essentially that if you gave this game a C- you had an ax to grind and had no business reviewing the game.

(not verbatim obviously)

big_z

Valtor said:
what did he say? can't listen in right now

said something like reviewers that give too human a 40-50% or D- rating are retarded and shouldnt be in the industry. also mentioned that he felt they were reviewing denis dyack & SK more so than the game.

[Nintex]

big_z said:
said something like reviewers that give too human a 40-50% or D- rating are retarded and shouldnt be in the industry. also mentioned that he felt they were reviewing denis dyack & SK more so than the game.
*sigh*

IGN is retarded for rating crap like MOH:H2 85/100 because they like the controls. I've bought a few games for Wii based on IGN reccomendations and they all sucked. Not to mention that they're hyping a Generic shooter from High-Voltage Software instead of Mad World.

eznark

Banned
[Nintex] said:
*sigh*

IGN is retarded for rating crap like MOH:H2 85/100 because they like the controls. I've bought a few games for Wii based on IGN reccomendations and they all sucked. Not to mention that they're hyping a Generic shooter from High-Voltage Software instead of Mad World.

Zack and Wiki was awesome, and I bought that solely on their recommendation. Other than that...not so good

jibblypop

Banned
[QUOTE='[Nintex] Not to mention that they're hyping a Generic shooter from High-Voltage Software instead of Mad World.[/QUOTE]

That is the the thing about hype though. Both of those games aren't going to be released for a long time. Who knows which one will turn out better? I mean Mad World looks better right now but you just never know.
Maybe Mad World will turn out to be a generic hack and slash game with interesting graphics. I hope not but all I'm saying is all the hype doesn't let me know either way.

[Nintex] said:
Not to mention that they're hyping a Generic shooter from High-Voltage Software instead of Mad World.

One would assume the extensive coverage and hype of Conduit is because they have such good contact from High Voltage - they don't want to lose this hot "exclusive".

beef3483

[Nintex] said:
*sigh*

I've had the complete opposite experience. I liked MOH:H2 a lot, mostly for its controls. Most people bought the console for its unique controls and I don't fault IGN for making that a key criteria.

markatisu

[Nintex] said:

Why is 85/100 retarded? The controls and the inclusion of non friend code 16+ player online is more than deserving, the only knocks against the game besides genre are the fact its based on a psp ported game and the sometimes retarded AI. MOHH2 imho is superior to all non-pc based shooters on the controls alone, nothing on the PS3 or 360 comes close when using their controllers. The graphics are ugly as sin but the controls are rock solid

But 85 in most scales is a B-ish grade, how in the world do you not think the controls of MOHH2 deserve at least that?!?

Also you have to compare apples to apples dude, Sega and Platinum Games are behind Mad World and so far besides the gaming conventions they have not released much so how is that IGN's fault.

I guess Matt could hype the hell out of trailers that the whole world gets to see over a indie developer who seems to keep in almost daily contact providing everything from screenshots to developer documentarys to showcase the games evolution

Keep things in perspective, you cant hype what you dont have

eznark

Banned
Gabyskra said:
Totally agree with him. The Dyack backlash from some reviewers is unprofessionnal.

I disagree. I can totally see how someone could hate the combat (I am a huge fan of Too Human by the way) and hate the game overall.

wsippel

Banned
splattergnome said:
Well, it could turn out to be Dementium: Zombie Party Ward or MoonFit: Prevent Muscle Degeneration In Low-G In Minutes A Day, so let's remain sceptical until we get more information.
RenegadeKid.jpg

Their logo would look quite hilarious on a casual game...

Gabyskra

Banned
eznark said:
I disagree. I can totally see how someone could hate the combat (I am a huge fan of Too Human by the way) and hate the game overall.
OK there's a part for subjectivity in reviews. But if you feel like some people might like it, you say it, and you take it into consideration when giving a grade. If not, you end up with minus 6/10 for every FPS with dual analog.

Top Bottom