• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arc Rise Fantasia official site grand opening!

Airships and dragons!!!

Airships and dragons!!!

Airships and dragons!!!

Airships and dragons!!!

Airships and dragons!!!

Airships and dragons!!!

Amped +10000000000000000000000

king zell

1-1.jpg

11-1.jpg

15-1.jpg

17.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

21.jpg

9-1.jpg

13.jpg

18.jpg

22.jpg

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
OMG! I spent my last hour in the L5 thread and was missing this?!?!?! :(

Looks nice BTW.

none of the links are working for me (probably because my PC is crappy) but yeah, the screens are very nice, im still not keen on the character designs but the visuals themselves are great.

In my opinion, it looks too saturated though that could be the intended direction of the art. I'm starting to like the character designs now that I've seen more details.

Angelo

I just wish that the producers would have chosen to present the cut-scenes in an anime style presentation ala Tales series.

Kenichi Yoshida's characters design for this game looks pretty decent and it sure has brought me the sweet memories of Eureka 7.

snapshot20080926035955mz8.png

snapshot20080926040023gv2.png

snapshot20080926040051fv4.png

snapshot20080926040115go9.png

Azure J

Mother fucking sold.

Those screenshots of inside the castle, the battle and the cliffside are shockingly good. :O :O

PolyGone

Banned
this just in: Marvelous Entertainment swoops in to fill the void on Wii and DS with a host of amazing-looking titles, set to make record profits in the coming year

PolyGone said:
this just in: Marvelous Entertainment swoops in to fill the void on Wii and DS with a host of amazing-looking titles, set to make record profits in the coming year

Which makes me wonder, how did Harvest Moon ToT and their Anime titles do in Japan? Same with No More Heroes worldwide. NMH did really well in Europe didn't it? Didn't Rising Star Games make a big note of its apparent great success there?

I guess MMV are indeed doing well to be making all of these fantastic looking games!

Let's hope all this work does indeed pay off! *Prays*

Hero of legend said:
Which makes me wonder, how did Harvest Moon ToT and their Anime titles do in Japan? Same with No More Heroes worldwide. NMH did really well in Europe didn't it? Didn't Rising Star Games make a big note of its apparent great success there?

I guess MMV are indeed doing well to be making all of these fantastic looking games!

Let's hope all this work does indeed pay off! *Prays*

Harvest Moon is probably their main cash cow. I remember hearing it was shockingly successful in Europe. Though I'm sure all of their other projects have been profitable. NMH seems like the only game big budget enough for that to be questionable, but they were very pleased with the sales.

I hope all of these games are successful and they can continue to grow.

Also, Marvelous Interactive is part of a larger group, Marvelous Entertainment, which means the game development capital doesn't just have to come from games.

By the way, in a predictions thread from April 2007 I posted this:
By the end of 2008 Marvelous Interactive will be considered a much more significant company.
Most of my other predictions didn't do so well.

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
PolyGone said:

The funny thing is that they seem to be trying to become the Squaresoft of the SNES/PS1 era (meaning I see several good looking traditional titles with some real interesting newcomers to their portfolio). I can't complain about their efforts! :)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Game is quite colorful (good thing). I like the battle screens the most.

PolyGone said:
I can give you the Wii but it's not like DS has any sort of void (look at the latest announcements from Level-5 and the stuff Sega is developing and/or publishing for instance). But yeah, Marvelous efforts are to be appreciated on all fronts.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Ugh I hate when games have great character designs in art stills that translate to pretty okay ingame models that translate to horrifying CG models that look nothing like the actual characters. They did this with that dual-release DS Tales game, too. And plenty of other shit. I'd have killed for animated cinematics using the actual character art, instead we get this bizarrely rounded CG cack. I'd rather everything be ingame than that.

Though to be fair, we'll never get this in the US anyway. ;_;

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Tathanen said:
There's actually more chance than you expect:

What about Arc Rise Fantasia? Have you thought about bringing that to North America?

We are considering to release Arc Rise Fantasia in the US too. Since XSEED has experience releasing RPGs in the US we will consider them as the publisher for Arc Rise Fantasia.
http://www.siliconera.com/2008/07/23/origins-of-the-xseed-and-marvelous-relationship/

TunaLover

my pussy is so wet, which is incredible becase i don't even have one.

wow, it must be the second game that mmv is going to localizate worldwide, i mean heck they were all crazy localizating Oboro, ARF has big chances to see the light outside Japan n.n

jeremy1456

Tathanen said:

Why wouldn't we? We're already getting Murasama.

Seriously, MURASAMA! This is substantially more marketable than that.

bdouble

jeremy1456 said:
Why wouldn't we? We're already getting Murasama.

Seriously, MURASAMA! This is substantially more marketable than that.

and MMV still has 1 Wii game to announce for localization. I think its pretty obvious this is coming.

Top Bottom