• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia is the best Metroidvania ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
6i76o7.gif

---------------------------
Basic Information
---------------------------
Konami said:
Following on the success of Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin the legendary Castlevania series is back in its 3rd installment on the Nintendo DS™. This time you play as a member of the Ecclesia, an organization that has sworn to defeat the evil forces of Dracula. Use the brand new Glyph attack system which has more than 100 different combinations to battle Dracula and his minions throughout 20 explorable areas. Take part in side quests and collect items to power up your character in the next great Castlevania game produced by Koji Igarashi.
Official Website: http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/dracula_ds3/

Genre: RPG Action-Adventure

Rating: T

Release Dates:

NA -- 10/21/2008
Australia – TBA
Europe – 10/31/2008
Japan – 10/23/2008

---------------
Preorders
---------------
-Buy Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia and get a handful of songs free! (6 is a handful, right?)

Available at Amazon -- $27.99 and Gamestop -- $29.99

----------------
Box Art
----------------
2ymatdk.jpg

6jjzw8.jpg
e8o5k0.jpg

--------------------------
DS-Wii Connectivity
--------------------------
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia can connect with Castlevania Judgement (Wii) to unlock bonus gameplay content.
11aga5e.jpg

---------------
Images
---------------
1o6620.jpg
nl7ho0.jpg
2qmjllx.jpg
332o2yw.jpg

-------------
Videos
-------------
http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/dracula_ds3/gallery/movie.html
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/6783.html

Music
http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/dracula_ds3/gallery/sound.html

------------------------------
Reviews & Impressions
------------------------------
EGM/1UP -- "A-"
Nintendo Power -- "8.0"
IGN -- "9.0"

-----------------
In Conclusion
-----------------
znpted.gif

lyre

So yeah, despite the release being 7 days away, I'll have this in my grubby hands in about 10 or so days; this will be one of the two games I'll actually buy at launch and try to finish!

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Its coming out already ? :lol

I forgot about it, and basically didnt read or view anything about the game. So it will be a good(?) surprise :D

This game is going to be so fucking awesome that I just shit my pants.

I'll be getting this and LBP on the same day but I know what game I'm giving my immediate attention to.

edit: god dang jesus the soundtrack is awesome SHOCKER OF THE CENTURY I know.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Want. Will get and play it like there's no tomorrow, bitches.

Call me whatever you want, more of the same + tweaks and additions is all I ask from Castlevania.

Nice post. Now I'm just making this clear right now- I'm a HUGE Castlevania fan. So don't take my criticisms the wrong way. But I will be here, watching this little egg hatch. We'll see what happens.

Yaweee

Fantastic OP.

I'm glad you pointed out the Judgment artwork. I mean, seriously, what the fuck? The artist made Simon a bondage freak, Eric a girl, and Shanoa a freaking nun. Not a badass vampire hunting nun in hooker boots, but a 'I'll whack you with a ruler if you don't do your Rosaries' sort of nun.

Support fantastic pricing! Buy this game at launch!

Thats the sort of box art that would have made me buy the game when I was 13. I think I should be ashamed because it still works now that I'm 25.

batbeg

The only thing that could make that boxart better is a Capcom logo on one of the boxarts.

Probably not a day one, but definitely a day "soon".

Jamesfrom818 said:
Thats the sort of box art that would have made me buy the game when I was 13. I think I should be ashamed because it still works now that I'm 25.

I'm the same age and I agree. :lol :lol

Teknoman

If only I could expect a new fun Contra game every year (or every other year). Still cant wait for Julius' 1999 story.

EDIT: Wow. The new labeled track sounds like some underground area...most likely filled with water and jumping fish monsters.

Jiggy

Honestly, Portrait of Ruin is my favorite Metroidvania of the ones I've played (which is everything except HoD and AoS) and its preview trailers didn't even catch my attention as much as OoE's have, so I've got a lot of hope for the gameplay here. Shoot, I'm not even sure I'll get around to playing Star Ocean on PSP that day, which is saying a lot coming from me.

With that said, I never replayed the main modes in the DS games because they were too slow for me to revisit after Julius Mode and Richiter Maria Mode had been unlocked. And I'm hoping they can turn this trend around, but if not it would still be very nice to have an awesome post-game again. What I'm really hoping for is another return of Maria, but if not her then I want Trevor, Grant, and Syfa. They've had their doppelganger Metroidvania-style sprites for a whole decade and Grant in particular has always had physics demanding to be in a Metroidvania, yet they've never been playable. :(

(Edit: And I mean young Maria. I usually hate kids, but SotN Maria died to me by deciding she couldn't live without Alucard despite only having spoken with him for all of about six minutes over the course of the game. Seriously, just... what. :|)

...Also, if the extras from Judgment are both significant and not unlockable in any other way, then, well... :mad:
I'd totally buy Judgment for $10 after it inevitably bombs if I needed to do that to unlock Maria and Grant. ;_;

andthebeatgoeson

October suprise. Fuck yeah. I forgot this was coming out. Better pull out my DS plug. I have been trying to think of what games I would be playing.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Such an awesome banner. I can't wait to try out the Glyph system, it looks a bit faster than the old weapon system.

Seriously, I was going to wait until the Aussie dollar rebounded, but when I saw this thread, I was like damn, I want this game!

Luckily though, it ended up being just over AU$50, which is still $20 less than what it'll retail for here. No excellent pricing for PALvania, we can't have that.

Now that we've established that I have no self-control, I'll have to wait three whole weeks for it to get here... ;_;

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
I remember the leaked shots. All the forum ''experts'' detected the altered pixels. And they said Shanoa's sprite was a recolored Charlotte. :lol

Pedobear said:
I remember the leaked shots. All the forum ''experts'' detected the altered pixels. And they said Shanoa's sprite was a recolored Charlotte. :lol
For the record, I believed.

Does anyone know what the Judgement content will be? I'm not a fan of fighting games (at all, in fact), but if it's on the level of a new mode or something, I might actually consider picking it up.

Damn you Iga for taking advantage of my 2D Metroid withdrawal!

Siyou

i am looking forward to this, this topic has told me that i shud give the series one last shot and to laugh at the dialogue instead of take it seriously.

Also @ Jiggy

It's more like a gothic romance sort of thing, you love that of which you cannot have. You know his fate is sealed but you want to discover the burden he has. Well, that's what I got of it. Plus he saved Richter! How can you NOT fall in love with a man of such power? In Rondo of Blood, Richter was hot shit, but now she realizes Alucard is. I would assume that it's not too important anyways =p

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
viciouskillersquirrel said:
For the record, I believed.

Does anyone know what the Judgement content will be? I'm not a fan of fighting games (at all, in fact), but if it's on the level of a new mode or something, I might actually consider picking it up.

Damn you Iga for taking advantage of my 2D Metroid withdrawal!

I believed, well I believed about the female lead part.

Perdew

I really, really love the OP. The way you brought in the Wii connectivity was absolute perfection, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom