• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Remnant (360) pre-order goodies outlined

duckroll

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20081015/last.htm

The article states that pre-orders in japan for The Last Remnant will come with a DVD called Square Enix x Xbox360 Trailer Collections. This is the trailer DVD opposite of the Square Enix x Xbox360 Sound Collections CD that came with Infinite Undiscovery. This time, the DVD will include trailers and TVCMs for IU, TLR and SO4 from not just Japan but all over the world. There will be about 30 trailers in total. Also included on the disc will be clean versions of the opening FMV for all 3 games. Yes, that includes SO4, even though the game isn't out yet. :eek:

Inside the cover of the trailer DVD (just like with the sound collection CD) will be a download code for a set of 3 formations. In The Last Remnant, you set up each Union with a formation to determine how the Union will be spaced out during battles. Different formations are more effective for different types of characters. The 3 bonus formations are Trick Play, Delta Cross and Power Raise.

Here's a screen showing how you select formations in the game:

last03.jpg

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
The article states that pre-orders in japan for The Last Remnant will come with a DVD called Square Enix x Xbox360 Trailer Collections. This is the trailer DVD opposite of the Square Enix x Xbox360 Sound Collections CD that came with Infinite Undiscovery. This time, the DVD will include trailers and TVCMs for IU, TLR and SO4 from not just Japan but all over the world. There will be about 30 trailers in total. Also included on the disc will be clean versions of the opening FMV for all 3 games. Yes, that includes SO4, even though the game isn't out yet. :eek:
DO WANT!

duckroll

Jazzy Network said:
What about the battle leader and units thing? Seems like I'm leading units through a battlefield or some thing.

Your party is comprised of Unions. Each Union has a leader and up to 4 other members. In battles you give commands every turn to each Union, not to specific characters. Outside of battles it's just the main character running around towns, fields, dungeons, etc.

-Kh-

Banned
Play.com has a release date of 21/11/08 for the UK, but the page is rather empty, no boxart or screens. Amazon doesn't even list it.

Is it really confirmed for that date in Europe?

Paracelsus

duckroll said:
Your party is comprised of Unions. Each Union has a leader and up to 4 other members. In battles you give commands every turn to each Union, not to specific characters. Outside of battles it's just the main character running around towns, fields, dungeons, etc.

*scratches head*

So, what about dungeons and stuff? You have like, your own Union, and what do you do? Can't really say, do you command your Union as a whole to grind, beat bosses and so on, or you have a normal Jrpg-like party for exploring and levelling up?

madhtr

Paracelsus said:

*scratches head*

So, what about dungeons and stuff? You have like, your own Union, and what do you do? Can't really say, do you command your Union as a whole to grind, beat bosses and so on, or you have a normal Jrpg-like party for exploring and levelling up?
In battles, your unions come out..... When he says in dungeons, he means outside of battle. Kinda like how in most turn-based RPGs, you see a single character running around and then you have a party during battle.

-Kh-

Banned
Paracelsus said:

*scratches head*

You haven't checked any of the videos, right?

The game is set during war. You go to war.

madhtr

Warm Machine said:
What is with the PS3 version of this game? Isn't it supposed to be multi-platform? Is there a timed exclusive?
Timed exclusive, no word on when the PC and PS3 versions will see release.

batbeg

Want so hard. I don't really understand the formations code, though... am I to understand you can't just adjust where the union members go unless you have a code or you "find" it (like FFXII gambits)? If so, that's somewhat lame :-\

Teknoman

batbeg said:
Want so hard. I don't really understand the formations code, though... am I to understand you can't just adjust where the union members go unless you have a code or you "find" it (like FFXII gambits)? If so, that's somewhat lame :-\

Sorta like Radiata Stories in that case. Didnt you have to learn formations?

Nemesis_

I still have no idea what this game is like in terms of gameplay. At best I am looking at it similarly to have combat just like..Final Fantasy XII? =/ Or is it more like KOTOR?

duckroll

batbeg said:

I think it's slightly different from what formations are normally, because basically in this case it doesnt just determine how the Union is laid out, but it also apparently determines what benefits the Union gets in terms of defense and offense. So I guess it's a sort of general "stance" for that Union.

Top Bottom