• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic and the Black Knight: Soundtrack composed by Richard Jaques & Tommy Tallarico

Teknoman

Didnt see this coming:

http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/tallarico-jacques-working-on-sonic-and-the-black-knight

...During the meet and greet later on, we spoke to Tommy and he told us that he was working with Richard Jacques on the same title. He did not commit to say which Sonic game he is working on, but given Unleashed is a month or so away, the only likely contender is Black Knight.

For those not familiar with their work:

Richard J:
Green Grove Zone Act 2
Bonus Stage
Livin in the City (non lyrical ver.)
Everybody Jump Around
(Hearing this still makes me want a Sonic title or at least another JGR title thats got Richard and Hideki doing the tracks)
Battle at Eden Prime

Tommy T:
Earthworm Jim - Sega CD ver.
(Most of the music in the game in that link...nice stuff)
MDK - Facing the inevitable
MDK - Bounty Hunter

DISCLAIMER: Not 100% confirmed...yet. However the two are supposed to be working on the same Sonic title in the near future. Sonic Stadium believes it's Black Knight.

pbones85

This is great news. I bought Sonic R and 3d Blast largely for the soundtrack so even if the gameplay is lacking, at least I can do the same for this game.

I rather prefer the Genesis score for 3D Blast, but this is still great news. Hope they both bring their best to the table.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
1.) your link doesn't work. In fact the site as a whole seems to be dead

2.)
...During the meet and greet later on, we spoke to Tommy and he told us that he was working with Richard Jacques on the same title. He did not commit to say which Sonic game he is working on, but given Unleashed is a month or so away, the only likely contender is Black Knight.

So there's still a chance they're just working on Sonic Rivals 3 or Chronicles 2 or something else unannounced

Teknoman

grandjedi6 said:
1.) your link doesn't work. In fact the site as a whole seems to be dead

2.)

So there's still a chance they're just working on Sonic Rivals 3 or Chronicles 2 or something else unannounced

Hmm...works fine for me. The site is up and running as well. Also...yes that is a possibility...

:lol Going to throw up a disclaimer so it doesnt come back and bite me if its not true.

batbeg

Teknoman said:
Man the nineties...when you could be a soda mascot and still get an awesome game with an incredible soundtrack.

Fixed! Didn't know Tallarico did Cool Spot. That's pretty sweet.

critch

Banned
Tommy's a jerk, but he makes some of the best game music, including Advent Rising. And he did the Video Games live thing so he needs props for that.

gwiz210

With Jun Senoue (and the rest of Crush 40), Richard Jaques and Tommy Tallarico, this could be the best Sonic soundtrack yet!

The reveal came during the evening show when the editor for the Guinness World Records Gamer’s Edition, Keith Pullin, took the stage to award Tommy with for his contribution to video game music (some 200-odd games he’s composed for, from Earthworm Jim to Disney’s Alladin to Metroid Prime).

:O

Hero of Legend said:

Don't get too excited, he didn't do any music in Metroid Prime as far as I know, that's way beyond his level. I really think he's one of the most overrated musicians in the game industry.

loosus

Banned
Bizzyb said:
wow, why so harsh? we barely know much on the game and have seen even less. At least give it a chance.
Come on. Predicting it's shit, given its pedigree, is not exactly going out on a limb.

PowerSmell said:
Don't get too excited, he didn't do any music in Metroid Prime as far as I know, that's way beyond his level. I really think he's one of the most overrated musicians in the game industry.

Sonic Stadium mislead, he actually worked on Metroid Prime 2 according to his wesbsite.

Hero of Legend said:
Sonic Stadium mislead, he actually worked on Metroid Prime 2 according to his wesbsite.

Metroid Prime is also on his website, and it's well known that Kenji Yamamoto did the music for that game (and for Prime 2).

You know what else is according to his website?

Tommy Tallarico is a veritable video game industry icon. As one of the most successful video game composers in history, he has helped revolutionize the gaming world, creating unique audio landscapes that enhance the video gaming experience. He is considered the person most instrumental in changing the game industry from bleeps & bloops to real music now appreciated worldwide by millions of fans.

:lol

Half the games in his credits have licensed music, I doubt he does much beyond sound effects and the like these days.

Flavius

Darkpen said:
Is it a bad thing that the only things I know Tallarico for are Videogames Live and Advent Rising?

I wouldn't say so, although there's more stuff worth checking out.

Videogames Live is pretty damn awesome, from what I hear, and while I couldn't get into that buggy mess of a game, the soundtrack for Advent Rising was pretty damn good.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Holy crap, at least the game will have an amazing soundtrack.

Say what you want about Tommy Tallarico, but that guy can create great music.

Tommy Tallarico? Isn't he that guy who whined about Smash Bros. having Kirby in it? I've never really heard any of his music, to be honest.

Richard Jacques is awesome though. I'm glad he's on the project.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
gwiz210 said:
With Jun Senoue (and the rest of Crush 40), Richard Jaques and Tommy Tallarico, this could be the best Sonic soundtrack yet!
Crush 40... they did the NASCAR Arcade soundtrack as the Sons of Angels, right?

Teknoman

AzureJericho said:
I remember a time when the game and soundtrack were equally magnificent... ;_;

Not saying it wont be...then again I liked Sonic and the Secret Rings (aside from a few stages).

Top Bottom