• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Xbox 360 games run at 60fps?

BA005

Does anyone know where I can find a list of X360 games that run at 60 frames per second?

Many thanks in advance

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Ninja Gaiden II
COD5
Tales of Vesperia (on battles).
Some sports games.

No, Gears 1 and 2 are 30FPS, same as Halo.

BA005

Relix said:
Ninja Gaiden II
COD5
Tales of Vesperia (on battles).
Some sports games.

No, Gears 1 and 2 are 30FPS, same as Halo.

Thanks a lot. I thought Halo 3 was 60fps. No?

Sean

Banned
some more (correct if wrong):

Soul Calibur IV
Virtua Fighter 5
Tony Hawks Project 8
Burnout Revenge
Virtua Tennis 3
Sports titles (Madden series, NBA 2k series I think)

akachan ningen said:
lol no. Forza 2 sure doesn't either.

Why don't you just play them and see for yourself?

Forza 2 is 60fps, it's the replays that are 30fps.

Negaiido said:
Do I see a resemblance between all those 60fps games? :O
It seems that the best games are 30 fps

Well it's like 80-90% of games are 30 fps so that's pretty good odds for most good games being 30fps.

Feindflug

Call Of Duty 2/3/4/WaW
Virtua Tennis 3
Virtua Fighter 5
Soul Calibur 4
Dead Or Alive 4
Ninja Gaiden 2
Lego Star Wars/Indiana Jones with V-sync off
NBA Street Homecourt (30fps @ 1080p)
Devil May Cry 4
Forza 2
Rez HD

and a lot of other sports games, in general though 60fps games this gen have been a rare thing.

Burai

shitonmychest57
Ridge Racer 6
Sensible World of Soccer
Lego Star Wars Complete Saga
Lego Indiana Jones
Lego Batman

The latter 3 have tearing though, but you can enable v-sync which kills the tearing, but knocks a few frames off.

Sean

Banned
isn't bioshock 60fps (or nearly there) when you disable some graphical setting? it introduces screen tearing but improves the framerate a lot.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
i'd get used to 30fps - if you're only going to play 60fps games on the X360 you're going to have a very very limited set of games.

even worse - you'll miss all the great ones.

it's not like the old days - 30fps tend to be a -solid- 30fps with many effects like motion blur help games help things look great. Plus the obvious extra processing can be put to good use.

DCharlie

why do i get the weird feeling that this thread is on the slippery path to "Killzone 2 >>> crysis" ? ;)

squicken

Feindflug said:
Call Of Duty 2/3/4/WaW
Virtua Tennis 3
Virtua Fighter 5
Soul Calibur 4
Dead Or Alive 4
Ninja Gaiden 2
Lego Star Wars/Indiana Jones with V-sync off
NBA Street Homecourt (30fps @ 1080p)
Devil May Cry 4
Forza 2
Rez HD

and a lot of other sports games, in general though 60fps games this gen have been a rare thing.

I thought CoD3 was 30fps

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
DCharlie said:
i'd get used to 30fps - if you're only going to play 60fps games on the X360 you're going to have a very very limited set of games.

even worse - you'll miss all the great ones.

it's not like the old days - 30fps tend to be a -solid- 30fps with many effects like motion blur help games help things look great. Plus the obvious extra processing can be put to good use.

what's there to get used to? It's not like I play COD 4/5 and then can't play games that run at 30, or even have trouble playing them. I think this whole frames per second thing is a bit ridiculous. As long as its not 15, I'm happy :p

DCharlie

what's there to get used to? It's not like I play COD 4/5 and then can't play games that run at 30, or even have trouble playing them. I think this whole frames per second thing is a bit ridiculous. As long as its not 15, I'm happy :p

oh, i totally agree - i meant it more that the OP should just start playing 30fps games . The older gen games that the OP is familiar with show a much bigger difference than current gen games.

Personally, i have zero problems either - as long as the game is good, i can play it.
Hell, Earth Defence Force gets down to single digits and it's still a riot.

Chromehounds

STILL awesome. We need a follow up. :(

So basically the only games that are 60fps are the ones where it really matters, like action/fighting games or stuff that doesn't use a lot of horsepower.

DCharlie

So something that is off topic ends the thread?

sony fans just can't keep it in their pants.

if we aren't talking about PS3 games in the RPG recommendations for a new X360 owner, we are talking about PS3 games in a thread about X360 games.

Hopefully Feb 09 will give people more to do! ;)

Top Bottom