• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Takeuchi [Capcom]: "I hope we can surprise you all soon"

Yazus

Capcom, just give us RE5 and AA5 and i'll be done. Also Perfect Prosecutor relase date/new info would be good

Oh man, I hope they test Wii owners with a half dozen more ports, remakes, and efforts by third string dev teams!

I'm a very bitter man. :(

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Yazus said:
Capcom, just give us RE5 and AA5 and i'll be done. Also Perfect Prosecutor relase date/new info would be good
Ah yes, I keep forgetting about the Ace Attorney series. I can't effin wait for AA5, AA4 was great.

But Takeuchi also has hopes for an improvement in Japan's domestic games market: "It's not good if Japanese developers are making games that can't be enjoyed by Japanese people.
As he swiftly brushes over Nintendo's efforts.

I hope they can have some successes in Japan also. But when you look at Platinum and Grasshopper, they're both seeking success in the West with a passion.

Darkpen

Banned
Philanthropist said:
Some proper PS3 support would be surprising.

And how about that ace up their sleeve they were supposed to reveal at TGS 08?
ben judd's quote was the first thing that came to mind when I saw this thread :|

Lebron

MvC3

I'm still holding on to Kevin Feige's, "Yes, and maybe sooner than you think" remark at Comic-Con. Let me believe

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
GaimeGuy said:
Capcom vs. Capcom work for you?

YESSSSS.

Seriously, they should think of doing their own Smash Bros. style game. They have enough IPs to dig characters, stages from and enough fans to care about it.

Develop magazine quotes Kojima in Famitsu.
"We're currently reviewing everything - from the team structure to tools and our staff - in order to make Kojima Productions a team that can challenge foreign creators and software houses," he told Famitsu as part of their 2009 preview. "So, because of that, 2009 is going to be a very important year for us.

"I've thought a lot about how Western games have been winning, looking it from a global perspective, and there are things that I've noticed. So 2009 will be a year of change, a year where we start from zero again."
Assuming this is the same feature. Didn't want to do a new thread but I assume it will get one because it's Kojima.

wsippel

Banned
GrotesqueBeauty said:
Oh man, I hope they test Wii owners with a half dozen more ports, remakes, and efforts by third string dev teams!

I'm a very bitter man. :(
I believe Sven recently stated that the recent hardware sales "validate" their current development efforts and prorities or something. That should translate to much better Wii support by their top teams, but I don't expect much either to be honest...

RJT

AniHawk said:
Fingers crossed for Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition: Wii Edition.
Nah, man.

It'll be called Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition: Wiier Edition.

And of course it'll have a sequel: Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition: The Wiiest Edition.

gutter_trash said:
Capcom is already going todelive so much for Q1 2009, how can they surpass that?

-New Onimusha
-Resident Evil Outbreak File #3?
-Zack & Wiki 2 (despite the poor sales)
-Lost Planet 2

Let's be realistic, Dead Rising 2 could be the biggest Capcom title on sale in the second half of the year, or maybe not :lol

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
wow

first there was announcements
and then announcements of announcements...

... now there's "announcements of not being bankrupt and likely at some point making a future announcement or announcement of announcement"

how delightfully 21st century

Guled

Capcom is already the best developers of this gen, MvC3 or DR2 will just be too awesome. Capcom even has a better line up this gen then Nintendo/MS/and Sony

Ashour

I never was a fan of Capcom, I hated their model of Re-Re-Re-Re-Releasing most of their successful games, it hasn’t changed but they are really rocking this generation with new releases, I’m very impressed especially the PSN/XBL support, also I love the Ace Attorney series and looking forward for a new one soon (plus that Perfect Prosecutor game).

They already got my money for RE5 and SF4.

GC|Simon

I would be happy with
- a new Resident Evil for Wii
- a RE2 Wiimake with much effort in it
- a RE5 Wii Edition with much effort in it
- any new 'big' Wii game

Top Bottom