• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biohazard 5 and Star Ocean 4 bundles coming out in Japan

I think that SO4 bundle will do pretty well for SE and MS. They're definitely picking up a few gamers in Japan with all these jRPGs and I'd say this is the biggest one yet. Personally, I just hope the US or English Asian version is region-free.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
cvxfreak said:
The Japanese version will almost certainly be region locked.

I wonder if there'll be any PS3 bundles...
I hope so just because I love Capcom making you spend money. :D

Paracelsus

Fuzzy said:
I hope so just because I love Capcom making you spend money. :D

Well, I recall a DMC4 PS3 bundle getting announced right after the 360 one. If this is any indication, we'll know soon enough.

aku08 said:
why bundle SO4 with an arcade version?

Perhaps to make it as cheap as possible in order to maximise sales and the boost in install base? I think that would make some sense, XBL isn't as big of a selling point in Japan.

kenta said:
48 hours?! Why so skimpy?
When you first set up your gamercard don't you you get a month of gold free?

So that card is only for people who already have a gamercard but want to try out the RE5 multiplayer.

RBH

Ninja Kn1ght said:
Perhaps to make it as cheap as possible in order to maximise sales and the boost in install base? I think that would make some sense, XBL isn't as big of a selling point in Japan.
Pretty much.

Although I wonder why they don't bundle RE5 with the arcade then as well.

Jonnyram said:
bh5.jpg

2009/3/5 34800 yen
Xbox 360 Premium
Biohazard 5 Deluxed Edition software:
- game
- Biohazard 5 Selection Track soundtrack CD
- 48 hrs gold card
- special metal case
Code for a premium theme
No faceplate=Fail

Will the US be getting new bundles from MS?

I'm not as familar with VG history as you all, but do bundles refresh after the holiday season? You'd figure the people buying systems now would be different then the people buying systems leading up to the holidays and thus have different tastes in games

Zeouterlimits said:
When you first set up your gamercard don't you you get a month of gold free?

So that card is only for people who already have a gamercard but want to try out the RE5 multiplayer.
It's probably the usual 48 hour card that comes with a lot of games, it seems that it's inside the LE package, not the bundle itself.

KaosAngel

Banned
fernoca said:
At least the PS3 got the Tricell logo on it....(and the Biohazard name)....but over $450?.. :/

40000円 for PS3, 6000円 controller, 8000円 game...it's a good deal.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hmm....Glad the hardware is actually something different. I'lll wait to see how the PS3 version goes. But it's looking likely for me to get one.

Kadey said:
Hmm....Glad the hardware is actually something different. I'lll wait to see how the PS3 version goes. But it's looking likely for me to get one.
::nods head:: I think the logo looks pretty cool, just like the Yakusa 3 PS3. Although I think it would've been nice if they added the "Deluxe Version" of RE5 with this bundle as well...

Damn Japan... Getting all the nice bundles.

That RE5 ps3 has some kind of print on it's top plate or am I seeing things?

*edit* just read the "special design" bit.

Troidal

The RE5 PS3 looks ok...the Tri-cell logo is kinda "wtf?" if you dont know what its from. At least with RGG3, the dragon etched on the PS3 looks awesome whether you know the game or not.

Man its tempting to get one of them...but I have to wait what the FFVII Advent Children PS3 bundle will look like.

KaosAngel

Banned
Kagari said:
Would have been more iconic with the Umbrella logo <_<

>_>

I don't think so. This is a game of change. Sure Umbrella will be in RE5 but the new company is pretty much Umbrella's dummy corporation (good guess). Seeing that company at the end of the Biohazard movie made me realize that the story is progressing.

I like the new company. I got free cloth with the company's logo as a gift from the guy's at Capcom, and we talked about this. That new company in RE5 is a good company...like Black Water. I say keep it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Diablohead said:
Well they did remove the classic zombies, so now they can remove the classic logos :S

And it still makes me sad.

KaosAngel said:
I don't think so. This is a game of change. Sure Umbrella will be in RE5 but the new company is pretty much Umbrella's dummy corporation (good guess). Seeing that company at the end of the Biohazard movie made me realize that the story is progressing.

I like the new company. I got free cloth with the company's logo as a gift from the guy's at Capcom, and we talked about this. That new company in RE5 is a good company...like Black Water. I say keep it.

I suppose. I have yet to see said movie.

Troidal

jimmbow said:
no new cool color scheme = fail

I know huh...but when you really think hard, what other color would look awesome? Red, blue, yellow, green, gold or pink just don't sit well imo.

KaosAngel

Banned
neojubei said:
Hell yea!!!! Pricey though.

I really don't get where you guys get pricey from? It's cheaper...

40000&#20870;PS&#65299;, 6000&#20870;DS&#65299;&#12289;&#65304;&#65296;&#65296;&#65296;&#20870;B&#65301;&#12290;

It's cheaper by over 4000&#20870;...

Which bundle will sell more? Id say more people would pick up the PS3 for Resi 5. Its traditionally Nintendo, but then PS second. So id say people playing 4 on the GC would pick it up for ps3 rather than the 360.

KaosAngel

Banned
pseudocaesar said:
Which bundle will sell more? Id say more people would pick up the PS3 for Resi 5. Its traditionally Nintendo, but then PS second. So id say people playing 4 on the GC would pick it up for ps3 rather than the 360.

I could've sworn that Biohazard 1-3 were on a Sony console first...

[Nintex]

pseudocaesar said:
Resident Evil was a Playstation franchise, untill Nintendo got GameCube exclusivity, but that didn't stop Capcom from porting the lot to PS2 and releasing spin-off's.

Yeh i know that, hell i had them all, what i meant was (looking back i worded it horribly), fans coming off of Resi 4 that had it on the GC in Japan would rather jump to a ps3 than a 360.

kuYuri

As expected, the PS3 bundle gets announced. :lol

It's nice that they are giving an extra DS3. Encourages coop play right out of the box.

Top Bottom