• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wait, Resident Evil Degeneration actually sold well in the US?!

cvxfreak

I liked Degeneration as a part of the RE franchise, but I'd very much like more games to come out in the series, rather than movies. =|

I refuse to purchase the BR after seeing the preview. The character models look pretty bad in terms of CG. Maybe it's the art style or something... >_>

El-Suave

EphemeralDream said:
What did Garnett have to say about it? He liked it?

He has a box quote on the BD release. Don't have it here right now but if I remember correctly it was about the movie delivering RE moments.

I thought it was OK, not worse than the some of the live action RE movies but not really better either.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm a huge RE fan and I was bored to death half of the time. It was like watching a cleaner CG movie of the ones in the games but the story and voice acting was horrid by today's standards. All of the action scenes while good at times was hugely exaggerated just like Advent Children.

cvxfreak

I knew I forgot something!

2vlwm5s.jpg

This movie fucking rocked my face off and was so much better then the shitty live action RE movies. What jokes those are. Leon
escaping the falling fourth floor
at the end was fucking epic win.

FirewalkR

I saw a dvdrip a while ago and loved it, and I'm not really a RE connoisseur. I'm waiting for the Blu-ray to hit these parts. Should be on sale already for all I know but... fuckin' Portugal.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Prime crotch said:
You people will buy anything. Well, maybe Capcom will take this chance to improve the quality of the next movie....

if they made full cg movies of all the RE games from 0-3 (maybe even the outbreak games) I would buy them :D.

They could redeem those terrible
y awesome
live action movies by getting george romero to direct his original treatment which was fantastic.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Prime crotch said:
You people will buy anything. Well, maybe Capcom will take this chance to improve the quality of the next movie....

516SHWEBSFL._SS500_.jpg

maya_2.jpg

yeah, not likely.

ArtOfLife

Neo Member
I loved it; definitely a lot better than the live action movies. The story fits into the general Resident Evil canon and I enjoyed seeing Leon and Claire return. Some of the CG was a bit dodgy I'll admit. But it was a brief return to the whole zombie outbreak thing the older games revolved around and put me in the mood to play RE2 after I finished watching it.

my only real disappointment was in how poor the extras were. the film definitely dragged a bit in the middle, but all the stuff in the airport and the ending with the g-virus monster were the sort of fun cheese i love in the cut scenes from the games.

neight

Banned
Considering the movie looked like it had a budget under $100k(honestly I think it's something the in-house guys did for fun) they must've made a killing. What a shitty movie this just proves that gamers have gone crazy with consumerism with all the DLC and other cash-ins.

OnPoint

I enjoyed the experience of watching with friends and performing our own version of MST3K on it. It's not as bad as people have made it out to be, but it would definitely let down anyone going into it looking for a more serious piece of RE cannon.

From what I can tell a lot of people like the live action RE movies and the games, so why shouldn't something else with the RE name on it sell well?

People can't tell how good something is by looking at the box. I look forward to seeing it myself whenever I get the chance and it's as cheap as possible.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Snaku said:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61dJutFJPqL._SS500_.jpg[IMG]

Cannot fucking wait.

"THE PERFECT [B]HI-DEF MOVIE[/B] EXPERIENCE" :D[/QUOTE]

fuck yeah when is that coming out?

Dont give me that let me google it for you shit!

smurfx

get some go again
are there any other van damme movies coming out on blu ray? i would like to see blood sport in hd.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Movie never interested me in the slightest, but I'm glad to see it brought some joy into someone life. Now if ya'll will excuse me, I'm off to drive around in my my convertible wearing sunglasses and smaking cigs... I just realized I'm not a nerd anymore!

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Why are the names over the wrong heads?
ever seen a movie poster or dvd case? Its always like that.
the way its been explained to me (On GAF I think) is that some people have certain requirements for top billing in contracts.
Visually, the center is top billing, but with text its the left.

Thats the short version.

Top Bottom