• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: Buy our latest test game - Biohazard ~Dark Side Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

GDGF said:
I don't know what to think anymore.
Just to clarify, you had it right before the edit. :)

Doesn't have to be at any particular event, too. Could just be the day they decided to drop the PR/announcement on us.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Haunted said:
Just to clarify, you had it right before the edit. :)

Doesn't have to be at any particular event, too. Could just be the day they decided to drop the PR/announcement on us.

Thanks. You guys are fast! I edited that post like 30 seconds after I wrote it! :lol

donny2112 said:
Just go fishing, Mr. Ganondorf.
2s1ncwg.jpg

Diortem7

In the IGN Voice Chat Podcast, @17:48 they say that they know what the new Capcom game is, and they say not to get too hyped for it. It's not a remake of RE2 or Code Veronica. Also, Matt hints that Mark Bozon would like it, so it's either Umbrella Chronicles 2 or a new Outbreak game.

Diortem7 said:
In the IGN Voice Chat Podcast, @17:48 they say that they know what the new Capcom game is, and they say not to get too hyped for it. It's not a remake of RE2 or Code Veronica.

Umbrella Chronicles 2, then.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Diortem7 said:
In the IGN Voice Chat Podcast, @17:48 they say that they know what the new Capcom game is, and they say not to get too hyped for it. It's not a remake of RE2 or Code Veronica.

Clearly its the latest Chronicles game as announced in Famitsu.

dani_dc

Further proof that companies have no idea what they're doing or what consumers want with the Wii.

Oh well, not unexpected and the first game was decent, so hopefully we'll at least get a decent/good this time around as well.

Amir0x

Banned
dani_dc said:
Further proof that companies have no idea what they're doing or what consumers want with the Wii.

WHYYYY do people keep saying this?

Here's the opinion of gamers in your generalization word ->

ZACK & WIKI - Wow thank you Capcom you're so amazing creating such an incredible ground up game for Wii, this is what consumers want on the Wii!

Result - FAIL

Resident Evil 4 (a port with hacked on Wii controls) -> It is so awesome to control apparently ports are what consumers want on Wii! Thanks

Result - Success

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles -> LIGHT GUN GAMES? We don't want this, who wants this? Not consumers!

Result: Success

GAFers don't know what consumers want. You don't know what consumers want. Consumers wanted Umbrella Chronicles!

MechaX

Diortem7 said:
In the IGN Voice Chat Podcast, @17:48 they say that they know what the new Capcom game is, and they say not to get too hyped for it. It's not a remake of RE2 or Code Veronica. Also, Matt hints that Mark Bozon would like it, so it's either Umbrella Chronicles 2 or a new Outbreak game.

What in the hell could they possibly have left to do with the events outside of RE2?

The Umbrella Chronicles of Outbreak Vol 1/2, RE Gaiden, Survivor, and Dead Aim?

Azure J

Masterful thread title change. Can't wait to wake up in the morning to 3 pages worth of Dead Space Extraction like posting cycles. :lol

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
WHYYYY do people keep saying this?

Here's the opinion of gamers in your generalization word ->

ZACK & WIKI - Wow thank you Capcom you're so amazing creating such an incredible ground up game for Wii, this is what consumers want on the Wii!

Result - FAIL

Resident Evil 4 (a port with hacked on Wii controls) -> It is so awesome to control apparently ports are what consumers want on Wii! Thanks

Result - Success

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles -> LIGHT GUN GAMES? We don't want this, who wants this? Not consumers!

Result: Success

GAFers don't know what consumers want. You don't know what consumers want. Consumers wanted Umbrella Chronicles!

Consumers really want first-person parkour zombie apocalypse games.

And by consumers, I mean me and you.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Amir0x said:

But they also want a RE4 style game- RE4 Wii has at least tripled Capcom's initial expectations.

MechaX said:
What in the hell could they possibly have left to do with the events outside of RE2?

The Umbrella Chronicles of Outbreak Vol 1/2, RE Gaiden, Survivor, and Dead Aim?

If this game has a fully 3D RE Gaiden scenario I will buy a copy day one and eat it for dinner, as my mind can't possibly comprehend such a titanic waste of resources.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Blueblur1 said:
Capcom only knows how to make good HD games this generation apparently.

They also made good PSP games before they stopped trying and just decided to whore out Monster Hunter =|

Alcibiades

DAMMIT: NO MORE TEST GAMES CAPCOM

Just f*ckin' give us mainline entries and stop messing around. Where's Devil May Cry, Bionic Commando, Lost Planet, and a real Dead Rising (2 year development time, A-team, expensive budget not the crap they did with Chop Till You Drop)?

I'm SOOOO tired of getting the finger from Capcom (and other 3rd parties), this may just infuriate me enough to go buy MadWord despite not getting in on the amazon.com deal. I just hope Ubisoft, Activision, and Sega continue to have better sense and are rewarded for their efforts...

my other thoughts:

Seriously, RE4 (in it's 3rd release) outsold Umbrella Chronicles, yet Wii gamers aren't getting RE5?

What use do I have for sidegames if I'm not getting the mainline entries as well?

No thanks Capcom.

The only people that would be happy about this are the tiny percentage of gamers that own Wii and another current-gen system. Wii-only owners (hardcore, mainstream, casual) aren't gonna pay $50 for another light-game when all of a sudden real efforts like MadWorld, Deadly Creatures, World at War, and The Conduit are being released.

I like Umbrella Chronicles. I think with a little bit more polish and refinement a sequel could be really good and after playing the RE5 demo I'm not so confident in Capcom's ability to make a Resident Evil game that I like. Even wii controls could fix what I dislike about RE5 and at least an Umbrella Chronicles sequel might have, you know, ZOMBIES. I miss those things. I'd really love a REmake style game, but I'm not holding my breath for that.

Alcibiades said:
DAMMIT: NO MORE TEST GAMES CAPCOM
u mad?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
BrodiemanTTR said:
If this game has a fully 3D RE Gaiden scenario I will buy a copy day one and eat it for dinner, as my mind can't possibly comprehend such a titanic waste of resources.

Thats like eating shit. Except you paid for it the opportunity

felipeko

Amir0x said:

Result - FAIL
Too bad it didn't get tested on any other system, because it failed solely because Wii market sucks.

Christopher

Who honestly thought Capcom would have made a ground up RE4 style game for the Wii? :lol They basically just did that for RE5, and if you don't want to get a PS3/Xbox360 then too bad.

I liked UC's after awhile, but it MUST be played multiplayer.

Amir0x

Banned
schuelma said:
But they also want a RE4 style game- RE4 Wii has at least tripled Capcom's initial expectations.

People really REALLY have these unusually stupid expectations. Not speaking to you directly but to those who apparently thought this would be RESIDENT EVIL 5 (wii), like so:

Alchiabades said:
Seriously, RE4 (in it's 3rd release) outsold Umbrella Chronicles, yet Wii gamers aren't getting RE5?

In the first hand, RESIDENT EVIl 5 was announced for PS360 well before the platform successes were determined. With all the money and effort poured into the title, it made little sense to cancel it and then hack together some horrendous downgraded piece of shit for Wii.

Resident Evil 5 is PS360. If it still comes to Wii, it only makes sense it comes out down the line because the original design and development of the game took place on a platform far more advanced than it. Making it work on Wii would take a lot more than Wii fanboys seem to think, since through all the whining they actually managed to convince themselves that it's just RE4.5 and you could totally port the entire thing @ 60fps if you lost the HD resolution or some shit.

No, I don't think these games are a system of Capcom not "getting it." I think Capcom is in the process of playing the cards they dealt themselves early on (franchises built on 360 like Dead Rising continuing on 360 and other HD platforms), and that when it's time for the next 'cycle' Wii will get its turn.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 may well be on Wii, or something.

However, with all that said, I don't think it's wrong to want a Resident Evil sidestory with RE4 Wii controls. I think you guys need to be PATIENT though. And enjoy the games that come out. Light gun games are not bad for christ's sake :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom