• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: Buy our latest test game - Biohazard ~Dark Side Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eteric Rice

Amir0x said:
Well which is it? No one, or most people? And how did you poll most people on the planet to find this out?

I think you'd find most people on the planet, if they are thinking about something as mundane as video games and their graphics, might actually say they care about HD visuals. They might just not say they care about it as much as videogame gameplay or something, but it's still an important thing. HDTV adoption rate alone is enough to say people care about HD, and are caring at an increasingly fast moving rate. It only stands to reason these individuals also care about games not looking horrendous on their televisions.

Well technically I meant neoGAFers don't know what consumers want, but still I think you are wrong. As illustrated, what gamers thought people wanted on Wii and what actually occurred did not always meet up. Actually it almost always did not meet up :p

Oh lord, way to be nit picker.

And I'm pretty sure there have been countless articles pretty much stating that most people who have HDTVs don't even have them set up for HD. They bought them because they were sleek and used less space.

KR3W

Banned
I actually feel bad for wii fans this time around...anyways,I have to get back to playing Resident Evil 5.

goddam.

Puncture said:
Wow GC era relapse much?
lolnfans

No but seriously, edit that out for the nutcases man, thats a bit .........much.

why? if they know how to go to capcom site they'll get it if they really wanted to call too ;P
but this makes it easier for them :lol

Alcibiades said:
Wii-owners want an RE5 from an A-team, 2-3 years of development time (if they start now it can be out in Fall of 2011), and without skimping on the budget.

I hate being the one to state the obvious, but if you want RE5 from the A-team with a big budget that fucking bad, Alcibiades, buy a damn PS3/360.

This gen I simply don't understand not having at least one of the HD consoles.

Teknoman

Do Megaman Legends 3, Maximo 3, Viewtiful Joe 3, and a new 2d Strider game. Stuff that should sell well on the Wii if done right.

Amir0x

Banned
felipeko said:
And... Capcom knows?
While i agree they are being fantastic on HD systems, i think they are lost on the Wii.

Unless they just want to do OK on the system, wich looks like a pretty bad decision, considering Wii position on the market.

I'm not going to look so hard at all their Wii games, but I don't think they are making bad decisions at all. Their HD games are selling well, and so far their Wii games are not having a terrible track record either. After all both RE:UC and RE4: Wii did well. Zack & Wiki is the one true out-and-out failure, I'd say, and hardcore gamers thought that was the best Wii effort of all!

GDGF

Soothsayer
DMPrince said:
why? if they know how to go to capcom site they'll get it if they really wanted to call too ;P
but this makes it easier for them :lol

Just a simple google search will do!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
daegan said:
How about the fact that splitscreen could never happen and keep the game looking like an acceptable imitation of its big brother? The game is meant to be played with someone else, online or otherwise, but the Wii just can't handle that.
Really?

the Wii can't handle splitscreen or online multiplayer?

You know, you're right. That's a "next-gen" type feature. The PS3 and Xbox 360 invented online and splitscreen coop, and they would never have worked in any previous console generation; that's why no games having those features ever existed before 2006.

Alcibiades

brain_stew said:
Its about a lot more than the graphics. Everything about the game would have to be reworked, physics, level size, enemy numbers, you name it, pretty much nothing from the original version would be transferrable.
So you mean Capcom couldn't just hand hand it over to a C-team and have the game ready in 6 months :lol

It would require an actual effort? :lol

It's hilarious how bad the reputation is for some major 3rd parties on Wii that people now expect either shoddy efforts or cheap, low-budget affairs and no one expects Capcom to take 3rd parties seriously...

Hopefully Ubisoft won't f*ck up Red Steel 2 so they can stay above the reputation EA and Capcom have right now...

Eteric Rice

TheJollyCorner said:
I hate being the one to state the obvious, but if you want RE5 from the A-team with a big budget that fucking bad, Alcibiades, buy a damn PS3/360.

Because people don't want to spend another $200 - $400 when they already have the market leading console?

This generation is fucked beyond belief.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Why are people saying capcom fails? They're going to make a sequel to their highest revenue generating game on the console so far. You're acting like they're making Zack and Wiki 2...

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Teknoman said:
Hows that?
Umbrella Chronicles was made with reused levels and enemies from RE Outbreak on PS2. That's the effort that went into it. Well, there's still levels they haven't used yet in the Outbreak games... Catch my drift?

Christopher

Damn what is with this sense of entitlement that Wii owners have? Just because a budget title re-release of the GOTY sold great when there was literally nothing to play on the Wii?

Because people don't want to spend another $200 - $400 when they already have the market leading console?

The market leading consoel has nothing to play on it, I haven't turned it on since...wow last August?

Lightning said:
WTF.... Give the game a chance before spinning out. This could be a fantastic RE game...

Oh you dont even believe that. :p

UC was great, but one game like that is enough, I rather have a new Outbreak game than a new on rails shooter.

TheJollyCorner said:

I don't have one and don't need one. I have a PC. :D

The Hermit

Amir0x said:
I'm not going to look so hard at all their Wii games, but I don't think they are making bad decisions at all. Their HD games are selling well, and so far their Wii games are not having a terrible track record either. After all both RE:UC and RE4: Wii did well. Zack & Wiki is the one true out-and-out failure, I'd say, and hardcore gamers thought that was the best Wii effort of all!

Its a sad world indeed... :(

I knew the presentation would kill this game, but its so fucking good.

felipeko

Amir0x said:
No Street Fighter IV on the Wii is not a bad decision?

Capcom is just like any other developer dissing the Wii... They're just luck they got RE4 right on the beginning... Other than that, meh.

Again, im talking just about the Wii, i know they're doing great on the HD systems, so why not do great on the Wii too?

yoopoo

Banned
Y2Kev said:
Why are people saying capcom fails? They're going to make a sequel to their highest revenue generating game on the console so far. You're acting like they're making Zack and Wiki 2...
A RE game with Zack & Wiki gameplay....what a brilliant idea :O

Make it so Capcom.

TheCardPlayer said:
Umbrella Chronicles was made with reused levels and enemies from RE Outbreak on PS2. That's the effort that went into it. Well, there's still levels they haven't used yet in the Outbreak games... Catch my drift?

Wouldn't surprise me :lol

I bet the RE2 section will just be the RPD from Outbreak, the lab from Outbreak and that section from RE0.

CV will just look like CV. :lol

Teknoman said:
Rail or not?

It didn't really have clear gameplay shots. Just renders and art. But nothing was in 3rd person so it seems to be FPS (thus likely on rails). I can't read japanese so I don't know the details.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
C- Warrior said:
It didn't really have clear gameplay shots. Just renders and art. But nothing was in 3rd person so it seems to be FPS (thus likely on rails). I can't read japanese so I don't know the details.

If its just renders and art, I don't see a reason to feel impressed by any screens.

Teknoman

TheCardPlayer said:

Eh I would've taken Outbreak remake with both file senarios on one disc + new stuff and wiispeak compatibility. Didnt know UC reused stuff from Outbreak though.

Christopher said:
Damn what is with this sense of entitlement that Wii owners have? Just because a budget title re-release of the GOTY sold great when there was literally nothing to play on the Wii?

We just want games that actually use the system's graphically capabilities to look better than last gen stuff, have decent controls that dont just use motion or IR for no reason at all, and that are along standard genres that the system is lacking (first person shooters, third person action, platformers, RPGs, Survival Horror, etc.)

I mean looking at what they did with the cube and PS2 last generation...I dont see why they cant do it for the Wii.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
felipeko said:
Again, im talking just about the Wii, i know they're doing great on the HD systems, so why not do great on the Wii too?

Because their top designers don't want to work on it? I would have to guess most of them are tech geeks, and well...you know.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
MiamiWesker said:

I bet the RE2 section will just be the RPD from Outbreak, the lab from Outbreak and that section from RE0.

Resident Evil: Old Memories Chronicles ( Levels from RE1, 2 and 3 on PSX...with the same prerendered backgrounds)

Resident Evil: Gaiden Chronicles ( with GB graphics)

Resident Evil : Chronicles Chronicles ( reused Chronicles levels and enemies)

Resident Evil : Street Fighter Chronicles ( SFIV levels and assets)

Resident Evil : Devil May Cry Chronicles ( With DMC assets)

Amir0x

Banned
felipeko said:

Capcom is just like any other developer dissing the Wii... They're just luck they got RE4 right on the beginning... Other than that, meh.

I don't know if it was a bad decision or not. I really don't have a look at the inside numbers on what it would have cost to make the port versus the potential sales outlook.

Wii gamers genuinely think these games are easy to port or something though. It is not as easy as you think it is. So much has to change when games come to Wii, LEAST of which is controls.

Guled

felipeko said:

how would sf4 work on the Wii, not enough buttons

Darkpen

Banned
MiamiWesker said:

well, for obvious reasons, I imagine CV would at the very least have new character models... maybe.

CV doesn't match post-REmake style

Lightning

Banned
MiamiWesker said:
Oh you dont even believe that. :p

UC was great, but one game like that is enough, I rather have a new Outbreak game than a new on rails shooter.
How do you know it's on-rails? Have we even heard that yet? Have we seen anything/know anything other than a title?

Christopher said:
The market leading consoel has nothing to play on it, I haven't turned it on since...wow last August?
This year alone has provided several quality titles worth your time. It's your fault for not looking hard enough.

Darkpen

Banned
TheCardPlayer said:
The sad thing is, that maybe isn't a joke...:(
well, they'd have to change it, right? I mean, wouldn't it be just straight up weird if UC's Chris model looked far superior than the sequel's Chris model for the CV section? :lol

:(

Baiano19 said:
Its a sad world indeed... :(

I knew the presentation would kill this game, but its so fucking good.
If capcom wasnt stupid, they would have known this too...everybody else in the entire world did, including the people who planned on buying it. The name alone was enough to steer people clear of it, as it sounds like some sort of nick special. I mean, is it really so bad to assume that an original RE4 style game with wiimote control(remake or not) would do well, when a game that has been released on gamecube, ps2, pc, then wii with the same style was successful?

I think its a pretty safe bet, and one that would yield even higher sales than umbrella chronicles.

Askia47

No one can enjoy that a new RE5 just came out? If you want new mainline RE just pick up RE5 with a 360 if you dont have one. Anyone can get used the controls, it wont hurt to play it without a wiimote. And why would Capcom announce a Wii version of RE5 now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom