• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lahore Attack (mumbai like) at a police center - watch live right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zapages

Its good to see Pakistani folks up in arms and God is great as they are combating terrorists...

Its in the outskirts of Lahore around the mini highway called GT Road.

15 dead police trainees. :( .... There are about 8 to 10 terrorists...

My father and I are watching it live right now here: http://www.pakpoint.com/geo-tv-live/

If its against tos to watch live of the events... Please remove the link to the mods...

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I wish there was an anti-Taliban/Deobandi/Wahabbi laser like that anti mosquito laser that was posted about here a few weeks back, that would solve like over 50% of the world's problems, and 100% of Pakistan's problems.

Zapages

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Can we get some backstory up in here?

This is occurring on outskirts/border of Lahore and it is very close to the Indian border. This is at Police Trainee Academy. There are about to 8 to 10 Terrorist that have infiltrated the place. Then there were quiet a few of explosions that proceeded these events. So far and unfortunately there are about 15 dead police students. :(

All this is occurring since the morning there and it is 10 am there. The Rangers division of the Army have just arrived.

OuterWorldVoice said:
What does that sentence mean?

The regular people/police/rangers are chanting Allah Akbar as they are combating the terrorists.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Zapages said:
The regular people/police/rangers are chanting Allah Akbar as they are combating the terrorists.

Ok. But the terrorists are chanting Allah Akbar as they shoot policemen and civilians.

Pachael

Hope it's just the same idiots that attacked the Sri Lankan cricketers and they get hunted down quickly - guys in the cricket thread, THIS is the roadblock. (PS Haven't they caught the guys behind that? No?)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
This thread is confusing and scary.

Zapages

OuterWorldVoice said:
Ok. But the terrorists are chanting Allah Akbar as they shoot policemen and civilians.

No! Its the police/regular people there(civilians)/now the rangers who are chanting that as they attack the terrorists...

Allah Akhbar does not equal terrorist you guys... That's the biggest and stupidest stereotype ever.

All Muslims say that! That's all you guys... You can watch it yourself if you don't believe me... I am just translating what I am watching...

You know, Zapages, this thread would have gone a lot better if you had just explained what was going on in the first place without the religious overtones that make the GAF anti-god squad seethe with Internet rage.

Masenkame

Zapages, I think people are pointing out the hilarity that both groups think they have a god on their sides. The truth is that neither side does.

Masenkame said:
Zapages, I think people are pointing out the hilarity that both groups think they have a god on their sides. The truth is that neither side does.
You had to slip that last one in there, didn't you?

There is something to be said, however, about the monster who thinks his atrocities serve or are absolved by some greater good. He can slaughter children and sleep well that night.

entraik

Banned
Zapages said:
No! Its the police/regular people there(civilians)/now the rangers who are chanting that as they attack the terrorists...

Allah Akhbar does not equal terrorist you guys... That's the biggest and stupidest stereotype ever.

All Muslims say that! That's all you guys... You can watch it yourself if you don't believe me... I am just translating what I am watching...

too bad god is just energy in it's most literal form... therefore you guys are really saying: "energy is great"

and i do agree.. energy is simply fantastic.. it helps me get through long workouts and even powers this laptop through which I am posting.

Zapages

UPDATE: The Rangers have brought the Helicopters into the area now to help the police/army...

There are more than 800 policemen/women in training at the place.

20 have be reported dead now. Also 8 people are wounded.

The terrorists were wearing blue badges and disguised as Policemen and started to fire as they entered the facility. :(

Stinkles

You know, Zapages, this thread would have gone a lot better if you had just explained what was going on in the first place without the religious overtones that make the GAF anti-god squad seethe with Internet rage.

I'm not anti-god, I'm anti Zapages making more threads where he claims Pakistan is a crucible of goodness and light and India burns below like a furnace of darkness and evil. I imagine it's only a matter of time before he blames this one on non-Pakistani outsiders (think, India).

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I wonder how they are able to show so much violence on television in places where the press is controlled or heavily restricted by the government. America is a big supporter of the freedom of the press and the first amendment but it sometimes feels like we have the most censored news in the world.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Zapages said:
UPDATE: The Rangers have brought the Helicopters into the area now to help the police/army...

There are more than 800 policemen/women in training at the place.
any updates on the chanting?

Masenkame

You had to slip that last one in there, didn't you?

There is something to be said, however, about the monster who thinks his atrocities serve or are absolved by some greater good. He can slaughter children and sleep well that night.
Why not? Pakistan is the country of my parents and I'm sick of Islamist dickheads messing it up for everyone.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
entraik said:
too bad god is just energy in it's most literal form... therefore you guys are really saying: "energy is great"

and i do agree.. energy is simply fantastic.. it helps me get through long workouts and even powers this laptop through which I am posting.

Oy...

Anywho, hate hearing shit like this happening.

OuterWorldVoice said:
I'm not anti-god, I'm anti Zapages making more threads where he claims Pakistan is a crucible of goodness and light and India burns below like a furnace of darkness and evil. I imagine it's only a matter of time before he blames this one on non-Pakistani outsiders (think, India).
His blaming India for all of this remains to be seen. Give him a chance to not let this descend into that spiral.

Zapages

OuterWorldVoice said:

I am not blaming India or anyone right now... Also India does the same thing aka Mumbai attacks man blaming Pakistan yet having no substantial proof of it... For now I am not blaming anyone...

Anyway back on subject.

25 to 150 have been injured... :(

PS: I am hitting the sack as its getting late...

Stinkles

His blaming India for all of this remains to be seen. Give him a chance to not let this descend into that spiral.

Partially too late. Yet partially my fault.

Zapages

The ordeal is over...

Approximately 30 policemen/women/civilians have been killed.

4 terrorists have killed, supposedly the rest have been captured (approximately 2 to 4) and the rest have blown themselves up...

PS: I am from Lahore too, my grandparents, and nearly all of my family (relatives) live or from there.
This is one of the terrorists:
35678243.jpg

Zapages

Ok UPDATE: according to AAJ TV

5 have been arrested
3 have blown themselves
the rest have been killed...

150 people have been injured.
3 Helicopters were used.
Commandos were used to bring restoration of things.

eznark

Banned
Here is an actual article about it:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/d8c95c6a-1cef-11de-977c-00144feabdc0.html?ftcamp=rss

LAHORE, Pakistan, March 30 - Pakistani security forces took control of a police academy in Lahore on Monday after gunmen rampaged through the centre’s parade ground, killing up to 20 people before holing themselves up inside for hours.

”The operation is over. Four terrorists were killed and three arrested,” Interior Ministry Secretary Kamal Shah told Reuters. He said 89 policemen were wounded but the number killed was still being determined.

Kenka

Oh my god, all my thoughts to the families of the victims :(

Why does South Asia look like a horrible mess ? For heaven's sake, Iran is threatened, Afghanistan has been stone-aged, Pakistan is unstable, India suffers.... almighty God if you listen to me, please stop bullshitting the place.

Zapages, I'm an atheist but completely sympathize with the struggle of anyone against fundamentalist militias. There's such a thing as being on the right side of history period.

Is there any more information on which group launched the attack?

SupahBlah

Banned
Lahore police academy recaptured

Pakistani security forces have recaptured a police academy that was seized by gunmen, officials say.

Television footage showed paramilitary troops celebrating on the roof of the compound, near Lahore, after they had besieged the building for eight hours.

A senior interior ministry official said four militants had been killed and three others had been arrested.

He said the number of people killed in the raid was still being verified. Reports vary between four and 40.

Morning drill

Officials announced that the siege had ended after sustained heavy gunfire lasting 10-15 minutes.

Dozens of people had been trapped inside the building.

The assault came less than a month after gunmen attacked the Sri Lankan cricket team in Lahore.

In that attack, six policemen were killed, while up to 14 gunmen escaped.

Escalating militant violence in Pakistan has been concentrated in the country's north-west near the border with Afghanistan.

But insurgents have increasingly targeted big cities in recent months.

The Manawan police training school attacked on Monday is on the outskirts of the city, on a road to the border with India.

Officials and witnesses said gunmen had attacked while trainee police were doing their morning drill on the academy's parade ground.

Several hundred people were reported to be inside the compound at the time.

'Planned attack'

The assailants attacked from four sides, witnesses said, throwing grenades before opening fire.

At least some of the gunmen were said to be disguised in police uniforms.

Elite troops were called in to retake the area.

The BBC's Jill McGivering, who was in Lahore, said military helicopters swooped low, firing directly into the training school.

As paramilitary forces tried to force their way into the main building, the gunmen retaliated by throwing grenades.

The scene during the fighting was chaotic, with roads around the site clogged with vehicles and people, our correspondent says.

As the siege ended, ambulances and an army helicopter entered the compound trying to reach the injured.

Some reports said that at least two militants had blown themselves up.

Amid the confusion, officials gave differing numbers for the dead and injured.

One senior Pakistani official told the BBC that as many as 40 people had been killed in the attack, while other reports gave a lower toll.

Interior ministry official Rehman Malik called the assault a "planned, organised, terrorist attack".

"This shows the extent to which the enemies of our country can go," he told the local Geo TV station.

But he added: "It is wrong to say that law and order has collapsed in Pakistan.

"We are very near to [tracing] the attackers involved in this."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7971993.stm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom