• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rabbids Go Home: New Adventure game for Wii.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
John Harker said:
sure... I get lucky a lot then ;)

EDIT:

OH CRAP AT MY TAG :lol

That just made my day

Hooray!

Also, nice news again. Finally the Rabbids get the game they've so sorely deserved.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
And still not a new Rayman.
I love the Rabbids as much as anyone, hell probably more than most, since I actually bought all of their games.

But I really want a new Rayman. Optionally, I'll happily take a Rayman-like platformer/adventure game in a Rabbids skin.

rendered_rabbid.jpg

FUCK. YES.

Finally, Ubisoft balls finally dropped and they grew a goddamn brain simultaneously.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'm tentatively interested since it's a real game. Sounds like it could be fun.

Shiggy

I wonder whether this game was started after Montpellier's WWII project was cancelled or whether both projects were done seperately.

ivysaur12

Banned
Rabbids are awesome. Mini games are not. This = awesome.

Who would've thought that today would have been a day with so many legitimate announcements? :lol

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
The big green dudes in the scan look like shyguys from SMB2.

Sciz

Finally. This has been overdue since we first started seeing teasers for RRR1.

That said, Rayman will probably ultimately be resurrected as a Rabbids spinoff.

Busaiku

This does seem interesting.
Always liked the Rabbids, not so much the games.

Interesting that they finally dropped the Rayman name entirely now.

Haunted

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Sounds good in theory, but I need to know whether Michel Ancel is actually involved before I get excited.
I don't expect him to be. He'll be credited for the design (as he was for 2 and 3 where he wasn't involved), but I'm pretty sure he's all tied up with BG&E 2.

Haunted said:
I don't expect him to be. He'll be credited for the design (as he was for 2 and 3 where he wasn't involved), but I'm pretty sure he's all tied up with BG&E 2.
You're probably right. :(

I wish that the original Raving Rabbids hadn't been retooled into a minigame collection to begin with. It probably would have been one of the Wii's finest if he had gotten free reign to do a platformer.

Cipherr

Chumly said:
Rhythm Heaven (DS): 9.0
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier (DS): 7.0
Excitebots (Wii): 8.0
Klonoa (Wii): 9.0
Steal Princess (DS): 6.0
Major Minor’s Majestic March (Wii): 6.0
Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars Director’s Cut (Wii): 7.0
Don King Boxing (Wii): 5.5
Dokapon Journey (DS): 4.0
GTA Chinatown Wars (DS): 9.0
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus (Wii): 7.5
Touch Mechanic (DS): 5.0
The Dark Spire (DS): 5.0
Pokemon Platinum (DS): 9.0

Major Majestic is a huge letdown there. A real shame. Never looked good but liked the devs behind it.

AniHawk

Sounds interesting. Silent Hill sounds interesting too (the game "watching" you part in particular). Hopefully both turn out to be good games.

Mejilan said:
And still not a new Rayman.
I love the Rabbids as much as anyone, hell probably more than most, since I actually bought all of their games.

But I really want a new Rayman. Optionally, I'll happily take a Rayman-like platformer/adventure game in a Rabbids skin.
Rayman isn't as charismatic as the rabbids.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
How fucking long are they going to keep giving Pokemon games good scores? Yes the game is good but it hasn't changed in 10 freaking years.

It's the same shit over and over and over again. Pokemon fans now defend it all you want but the game has not changed in a decade.

Oh yeah and Rabbids.

billy.sea

Banned
O finally~! Wanted a Rabbids adventure in a long time... is it from the creator of Rayman?

And Rayman is not relevance anymore. I rather pick Rabbids over the dull looking Rayman.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Dragona Akehi said:
This is the kind of game that the Rabbid's design actually deserves. I hated the minigame collections but adored the animated shorts that preceded the games' release. So... tentatively excited.
Agreed.

billy.sea said:
O finally~! Wanted a Rabbids adventure in a long time... is it from the creator of Rayman?

And Rayman is not relevance anymore. I rather pick Rabbids over the dull looking Rayman.
Blasphemy.

wsippel

Banned
Some more infos from N-Zone (German magazine) and mostly backed by my own research:

- Ubisoft Montpellier is developing the game.
- The BG&E team seems to be working on the title.
- Development started about three years ago.
- It's based on the LyN engine, the technology behind BG&E2.
- The game is considered to be AAA.

And some stuff I've heard from someone who usually knows what he's talking about:

- Ancel himself is the development lead.
- BG&E2 remains in pre-production/ was put on hold until RGH is done.
- Ubisoft sees lots of potential in this game, considers it highly important.
- The game is really unconventional and strange.

Basically, it sounds like Rabbids Go Home is what was supposed to become Rayman 4 - without Rayman. Ubisoft was actually working on Rayman 4 in 2006 (the project became RRR I assume), and I guess some of the ideas were carried over after the decision was made to create a minigame collection instead.

I, for one, am hyped. This might end up being a great game.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
wsippel said:
Some more infos from N-Zone (German magazine) and mostly backed by my own research:

And some stuff I've heard from someone who usually knows what he's talking about:

Basically, it sounds like Rabbids Go Home is what was supposed to become Rayman 4 - without Rayman. Ubisoft was actually working on Rayman 4 in 2006 (the project became RRR I assume), and I guess some of the ideas were carried over after the decision was made to create a minigame collection instead.

:O

wsippel said:

I...but..hmmm...

wsippel said:

If true, sold. But I'll wait and see before getting too interested.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
If Ancel and his team are indeed doing this, wouldn't that have probably been disclosed in the NP article?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
schuelma said:
If Ancel and his team are indeed doing this, wouldn't that have probably been disclosed in the NP article?
It's a secret so secret neither NP nor Ancel himself know about it.

Haunted

wsippel said:

That is fucking impossible. That would be too good to be true.

Ancel development lead? Making the Rabbids game he wanted to make when he designed them? Three years in development, considered an AAA project done with his A-team and using the new engine for BG&E2?

That is like a fucking wish list. :lol No way this is true.

wsippel

Banned
Kenka said:
So BG&E on Wii as well.

BG&E team working on this ? That sounds strange but exciting.
BG&E2 on Wii might happen, but it's not confirmed. If it happens, it will probably be different. Ancel talked about this a while ago.

And the BG&E team pretty much is the Rayman team, or what's left of the Rayman team. Except for the guys who left Ubisoft Montpellier, obviously. Bertrand Israel for example was the Lead Level Designer for BG&E, King Kong, and now he seems to be the Lead Level Designer for Rabbids Go Home - to name just one example.

Top Bottom