• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Websites with Good (and active) Wii console-specific Forums?

dhowerter

I was just wondering if anyone here knew of any websites with good (and *active*) Wii console-specific forums?

(forums specifically for Wii discussion, preferrably on a Nintendo-related website, though that part is not absolutely necessary, with some reasonable, intelligent posters :)

So anyone know of any? If so, please list the name of the website.

Thanks!

I know one where 90%of the members are Wii fanboys which means you can have plenty of Nintendo discussion within a specific Nintendo section.

But the Wii hate OUTSIDE of that section is pretty strong.

Active? Depends on your idea of active.

GAF active? Fuck no, GAF is almost IRC compared to this place, but it's active enough I guess.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
In before Vook... :lol

Dude you're already on a forum... :/

maxmars

DeaconKnowledge said:
People who actually play the games (even playing them online!) without constantly bitching about this and that problem.

Is there such a place? I'd be there in a flash.

Threi

notag
glaurung said:
Wii is for casual people.

Casual people do not use the interwebs, let alone forums.
jimmyboy.jpg

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Scrubking said:
How bout a community that isn't largely made up of people who don't play/outright hate the Wii.

I don't think that's necessarily the case, to be honest... but, well, perhaps it's time I ran another one of those bias threads.

Baconbitz

Banned
Duke Togo said:
I sometimes walk into used car dealerships to ask where I can purchase an automobile.

Have you ever walked into a gamestore looking to find another gamestore? Btw I don't understand why your doing this. You'd be better ask somewhere else thats not a videogame forum.

Blueblur1

George said:
n-philes.com/forums
I'm never going back!

And well, 99% of the users on there are Nintendo fanboys. And one is a trash talking prick supposedly that works for some third-rate developer.

glaurung

George said:
n-philes.com/forums

Haha, no way! The very first thread that I clicked on featured the quote GAF is retarded in the second of third post, done by some dude who was permanently banned from GAF.

This thread just delivered.

Davey Cakes

GAF, as I'm almost reluctant to say for some reason, is actually better than a lot of other forums when it comes to Wii.

I mean, yeah, there are many people who don't like the system or don't want to talk about it. In fact, they probably dominate. But, just by the number of members alone and the number of threads that come up, there just happens to be a higher ratio of Wii talk than many other places on the internet. For a general gaming forum, that's not bad.

And believe me, I've been to boards that are general gaming and have maybe 5% of it as Wii talk. These places I just had to leave, since I'm a Wii fan, but I'm content with GAF.

But, of course, you also have to see that general boards like these aren't relegated to just talking specifically about certain systems. There are also many general threads, and I'm sure the OP isn't interested in these. The OP is looking for a place that's purely Wii console-specific, where there isn't clutter due to talk about other consoles and talk about very general opinions. I can't help the person here, sadly, since out of all the boards I do visit, none of them are console-specific.

KevinCow

Banned
SA Louisgod said:
Also, we're pretty friendly over at Something Awful, assuming you're not a complete moron.
Posting a thread saying, "Hey guys, what's another message board I can visit instead of this one?" certainly doesn't help that assumption.

TheExodu5

Banned
As bad as you may think GAF is, it's still the most active forum with decently intelligent posters. The moderators don't let nearly as much shit slide as they do on other boards like IGN, GFAQs, GT, etc...

That being said, GameFAQs can actually be decent if you want to discuss a niche title. Boards for niche titles are usually pretty friendly, though many retarded threads are still created. The popular boards are just troll spam.

tokkun

KevinCow said:
Posting a thread saying, "Hey guys, what's another message board I can visit instead of this one?" certainly doesn't help that assumption.

I don't understand what's stupid about this question. This is a message board, not some 14-year-old girl who's going to get her feelings hurt. A lot of people post on multiple boards.

fabprems

Rash said:
GAF, as I'm almost reluctant to say for some reason, is actually better than a lot of other forums when it comes to Wii.

I mean, yeah, there are many people who don't like the system or don't want to talk about it. In fact, they probably dominate. But, just by the number of members alone and the number of threads that come up, there just happens to be a higher ratio of Wii talk than many other places on the internet. For a general gaming forum, that's not bad.

And believe me, I've been to boards that are general gaming and have maybe 5% of it as Wii talk. These places I just had to leave, since I'm a Wii fan, but I'm content with GAF.

But, of course, you also have to see that general boards like these aren't relegated to just talking specifically about certain systems. There are also many general threads, and I'm sure the OP isn't interested in these. The OP is looking for a place that's purely Wii console-specific, where there isn't clutter due to talk about other consoles and talk about very general opinions. I can't help the person here, sadly, since out of all the boards I do visit, none of them are console-specific.

Well, GAF is a good place for news about videogames in general, and even if there is bias for X or Y you can live with that.

But when it comes to talks about games that you're playing, if it's not a AAA or a hype game, there's no really active discussions/threads. Not for wii games at least (PES 2009, CoD waw come to my mind)

KevinCow

Banned
tokkun said:
I don't understand what's stupid about this question. This is a message board, not some 14-year-old girl who's going to get her feelings hurt. A lot of people post on multiple boards.
I dunno, just strikes me as silly. It's like walking into Burger King and saying, "I want to buy a hamburger. What's the best place besides here?"

stuminus3

Banned
GAF is actually pretty good for Wii talk, you've just got to know the right place and time for it.

We "hardcore" gamers are not all just rabid stereotypes, you know! :D

BruceLeeRoy said:
I have heard really good things about this one.
That's actually really freaking awesome, for reasons we will never understand. :lol

donny2112

GAF is a major video game hub point on the internet. It would be like going into Union station in D.C. and asking what would be a good city to visit for international tourists. There are other answers than "D.C." to that question. IGN Wii General Boards (requires IGNsider subscription) would probably be my recommendation.

pakkit

Banned
Scrubking said:
How bout a community that isn't largely made up of people who don't play/outright hate the Wii.
I like GAF. It has it's fair share of fanboys on all sides, but, by and large, it's made up level-headed, mouth-breathing nerds.

Maybe we need a dedicated "Wii love" thread. Everyone just agrees to keep Wii hate out of it, and mods keep a more harsh eye out for blatant trolling, or lack of love in the love thread. That way no one's feelings get hurt when people start saying bad things about The Conduit.

I'm actually looking forward to The Conduit.

Sadist

GAF is my source for Wii news. And there are good discussions about it here. So, why go somewhere else? Ignore the blatant trolls and the Deathspiral kids and you'll be fine.

Durante

Scrubking said:
I wonder how much (if anything) changed since this:
53s2l1.jpg

(That was a self-identification poll done ~2 years ago)

pakkit

Banned
Before I found GAF, I was on thewiire.com for Wii-related news and use of the forums.

But to be honest, any system-centric forum kind of makes me nauseated. Gaming should be seen on the whole, and idiocy and blindness seems most prevalent in these blocked out boards.

Top Bottom