• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Websites with Good (and active) Wii console-specific Forums?

stuminus3 said:
That's actually really freaking awesome, for reasons we will never understand. :lol

Ha how sad is it that once I found the site I actually spent about 5 min reading some of their articles.

dhowerter

BTW, GAF is NOT a wii specific forum ;)

speedpop said:
Can't handle the blind criticism that a console receives eh?

Blind hate is more like it in a lot of cases in the case of Wii forums. -_-

Positively put, constructive criticism from people who do truly like the Wii is one thing.

Blind wii hate is quite another.

I'd just like to go to a Wii-specific forum and read interesting posts related to the Wii with people responding there who actually ENJOY the system and its games. I don't think that's too much to ask ;) (I do go to multiplatform forums as well)

Oh btw, Gamefaqs Wii section is what CAUSED me to make this topic :lol

I've never seen so many nagative topics about a system and such HATE / loathing for a console on its own board before -_-

dhowerter

2 Minutes Turkish said:
I know one where 90%of the members are Wii fanboys which means you can have plenty of Nintendo discussion within a specific Nintendo section.

But the Wii hate OUTSIDE of that section is pretty strong.

Active? Depends on your idea of active.

GAF active? Fuck no, GAF is almost IRC compared to this place, but it's active enough I guess.

Ok, I'm curious. Which site / forum IS this? :)

Gattsu25

Banned
dhowerter said:
I was just wondering if anyone here knew of any websites with good (and *active*) Wii console-specific forums?

(forums specifically for Wii discussion, preferrably on a Nintendo-related website, though that part is not absolutely necessary
Sure, let me get the URL for you--
with some reasonable, intelligent posters :)

So anyone know of any? If so, please list the name of the website.
--oh.

Doesn't exist.

Blueblur1 said:
I'm never going back!

And well, 99% of the users on there are Nintendo fanboys. And one is a trash talking prick supposedly that works for some third-rate developer.

Actually it's now filled with non-Nintendo fans, and it's no longer a Nintendo site.

The Nintendo fans on there are far and few between.

HUELEN10

JSnake said:
You're kidding right? NS2 is full of Nintendo haters
And trolls/morons/permanoobs, don't forget about them.

But seriously, GAF is where it's at. Wanna talk Wii? Make a good thread about it and present good discussion. We have a ton of Nintendo fans (Fans, not mindless fanboys) here, myself included. We are always up for a good discussion about our favorite console!

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Maybe http://thewiire.com/ ? They're fairly active on the main site and forums, and I generally found them to be level-headed. It's been a while though, so I hope for you that it's still relevant.

CO_Andy

The leading Wii homebrew development site, Tehskeen, is full of drama. Check out this latest post from the site's moderator -->

brakken said:
I just took 100+ xanax .... cya on the other side

This is John's dad. He overdosed but is recovering well. He will be returning within the next week. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

UPDATE: This is Brakken. I am currently hospitalized and have VERY limited access to the Internet. Like my Father stated above I have recovered and I'm currently waiting to be released. My time is so limited I cannot read all of the comments, but plan to when I get home. Also, I'm shocked that someone sent me flowers (LOL), but whoever did they are at the house and thanks for sending them. Later.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
CO_Andy said:
The leading Wii homebrew development site, Tehskeen, is full of drama. Check out this latest post from the site's moderator -->

brakken:
I just took 100+ xanax .... cya on the other side

This is John's dad. He overdosed but is recovering well. He will be returning within the next week. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

UPDATE: This is Brakken. I am currently hospitalized and have VERY limited access to the Internet. Like my Father stated above I have recovered and I'm currently waiting to be released. My time is so limited I cannot read all of the comments, but plan to when I get home. Also, I'm shocked that someone sent me flowers (LOL), but whoever did they are at the house and thanks for sending them. Later.
He should have waited until after E3.

HUELEN10

Teknoman said:
I want to post that one reggie gif...but I wont.
Still though, something in me says that didn't really happen, and if it did, they guy deserved it, though I hope he is okay and learned his lesson.

Captain Pants said:
The VG Press is an almost exclusively Nintendo sort of board. They've got a good sense of humor around there as well. It is a fun little community.

Just about to post this. The site isn't Nintendo centric at all but the majority of users own Wii's. Sounds perfect for the OP.

Top Bottom