• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero headlining Van Halen

Shiggy

Do we know anything about this new Guitar Hero game besides that it is done by Underground Development and already finished? Just like Guitar Hero Smash Hits it was recently rated by the German USK.

Wait, Underground Development? Haha, that's not like Activision at all - announce the closure of a studio after finishing a port of a title, and meanwhile, get them working on another Guitar Hero one too!

Shiggy

JonathanEx said:
Strong rumours of Guitar Hero Van Halen but nothing from Activision yet.

Well, as already said, it's confirmed now due to the USK ;D

Still, it's quite nice that Underground Development was not closed. They also worked on Guitar Hero: World Tour, Spider-Man: Web of Shadows and Madagascar 2: Out of Africa (PS3) after their "closure" :)

We know it's out in August-ish, and that it's probably going to disappoint after Metallica.

I was all for Aerosmith and Metallica, but Van Halen...ehh. Hopefully it's more like 5-10 VH songs than a typical band game, which I think is likely. If that's the case, and it's just "stadium", cheesy rock themed? Could be cool.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
nincompoop said:
Do they release a new Guitar Hero every month now or something? I feel sorry for the poor saps who keep buying them.

2009:
Metallica
Smash Hits
Van Halen
DS3
DJ Hero

Rumoured:
DS4
GH5
"Band Hero"

8 games in 2009.

I was always kind of skeptical on whether this Van Halen game actually existed. I guess if it was rated then it probably does. It seems weird that we haven't heard about if it's coming out in August, though.

I'll buy it, of course, because I love Guitar Hero and I love Van Halen. Get me all of 1984, most of Van Halen 1, and a little off 5150, and I'm happy.

nincompoop said:
Do they release a new Guitar Hero every month now or something? I feel sorry for the poor saps who keep buying them.

You're working under the assumption that people are forced to buy things. Music games suit this method. It's why Singstar has sold God knows how many games.

Harmonix released 30 or so new Rock Band songs at $2 a pop last month, I feel sorry for the poor saps who keep buying them.

So, Guitar Hero Headlining Van Halen is the official title I guess...

That sounds more like 10 VH songs and 40 other Bands than something like GH: Metallica.

I was the only one who seemed to have problems with GH: Metallica, and at the risk of sounding redundant (and like a whiny asshole) all I will say is that there is nothing, NOTHING, Activision can do to make me buy another Guitar Hero title. They could make Guitar Hero: Tool, Guitar Hero: Opeth, or Guitar Hero: Slayer, and I wouldn't buy any of them. That engine needs to fucking die.

markatisu

If its coming I wonder if we will get a model of Sammy Haggar as well as David Lee Roth :lol

Wasnt there rumors of GH Motley Crue as well this year?

Grecco

Really curious about this.

We didnt get Cliff or Jason models in GHM

Will we get Sammy Haggar? or gasp Gary Cherone?

edit... i cant find Without you on youtube... ?

markatisu said:
If its coming I wonder if we will get a model of Sammy Haggar as well as David Lee Roth :lol

Wasnt there rumors of GH Motley Crue as well this year?

If that's happening, I'd be surprised. Surprised and slightly sad.

I'm sure something will be out after September though. 4 whole months without a GH? INCONCEIVABLE.

Well, I can't wait to play the first album and to see how they're gonna handle David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar. They have to have both, too many big songs with Hagar to turn down.

epmode

TheGreatDave said:
You're working under the assumption that people are forced to buy things. Music games suit this method. It's why Singstar has sold God knows how many games.

Harmonix released 30 or so new Rock Band songs at $2 a pop last month, I feel sorry for the poor saps who keep buying them.
Keep fighting the good fight, Dave!

Alcibiades

Banana Kid said:
I was always kind of skeptical on whether this Van Halen game actually existed. I guess if it was rated then it probably does. It seems weird that we haven't heard about if it's coming out in August, though.

I'll buy it, of course, because I love Guitar Hero and I love Van Halen. Get me all of 1984, most of Van Halen 1, and a little off 5150, and I'm happy.
It's been available for pre-order for at least a month on amazon.com now, so we know it's coming...

Flynn

Here's a question for you guys: How can Guitar Hero Van Halen one-up Metallica?

The most obvious answer is that it must include both Hagar and David Lee Roth.

Secondly, I'd like to see more recreations of historic venues and performances: The video for "Unchained," the US Festival, the headlining tour for The Monsters of Rock.

Best case scenario would feature David Lee Roth's solo material (that way you get some Steve Vai and Stu Hamm in there) as well as Hagar's (NO MAS TEQUILA PLEASE).

I'd also like to see a stricter relevance to the accompanying bands -- only artist who Van Halen is related to, toured with, covered or were influenced by.

Also: since Van Halen came of age during the MTV era there should be a recreation of, at the very least, the music video for Hot For Teacher.

Anybody else have demands?

Flynn said:

Secondly, I'd like to see more recreations of historic venues and performances: The video for "Unchained," the US Festival, the headlining tour for The Monsters of Rock.

Best case scenario would feature David Lee Roth's solo material (that way you get some Steve Vai and Stu Hamm in there) as well as Hagar's (NO MAS TEQUILA PLEASE).

I'd also like to see a stricter relevance to the accompanying bands -- only artist who Van Halen is related to, toured with, covered or were influenced by.

Also: since Van Halen came of age during the MTV era there should be a recreation of, at the very least, the music video for Hot For Teacher.

Here's my one: even though Eddie's kid is their current bassist and is pretty much guaranteed a spot, I want Michael Anthony in there too.

Also, have Gary Cherone. Just for shits and giggles.

Flynn said:

I have very low expectations for it presentation wise. With Neversoft not directly working on it I'm not expecting Metallica levels of awesome. Seeing as I don't actually give a shit about the band itself I suppose it's not worth crying about for me personally, cos I don't even know what VH look like. Besides...a bit 70s and 80s. I can't imagine VH fans being as happy as Metallica fans were with GH:M, but we'll see.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Flynn said:

yes

I do

why

do

you

that

way

?

Flynn

Dash Kappei said:
yes

I do

why

do

you

that

way

?

I was considering bullet pointing.

I'll be very disappointed if the let the series take a step back with Van Halen. I thought Metallica was a really great start.

I like the way SP works in multiplayer GH. The whole savior thing I can take or leave.

They just really need to clean up the online interface menus, but I can't see that happening with any of the WT expansions. The lack of information after a song is pathetic.

Alcibiades

robut said:
I guess this is official now, it's preorderable at Gamestop, coming out August 4 I think.
You could pre-order it 2 months ago on amazon.com, so it's been official for a while now...

dorkimoe

dear activision

i told you, that you suck and nobody likes you anymore

i dont care if rejects are still buying your games

mother fucking quit

love me

Top Bottom