• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lttp: Phoenix Wright 3(OMG!)

Naruto

I know a lot of people here said it was the best in the series, and I thought it was great, up until when I reached the final chapter.. I won't spoil anything for those who haven't played it yet, but I just have to say I have never felt such strong emotions playing a game as I have with Chapter 5. It has everything in it: Surprise, one after the other, suspense, an amazing character(you know who I'm talking about) and one of the best endings in Video games' history.

Those of you who have yet to play this magnificent masterpiece will do themselves well to do just that. It truly is one of DS's best games and ought to be played by anyone who enjoys a good story with memorable characters and great humor. But before you do that, play the second one(which is also great), as it plays a crucial part in PR3..

So. for those of us who have finished the game, what did you think about the last case? About the ending and how it ties every game into the grand finale?

Yeah, the last chapter is really the climax of the series.

I'm hoping Apollo Justice will be able to catch similar steam when it gets that far.

I don't like throwing it around too much, but I'd have to say that the final case was epic. Actually, the whole game was...I seriously love it so much.

I also felt many things while going through it, like, "No way!," "Oh, shit!," "WAT!," ":eek:" and goose bumps.

Firestorm

Godot was an awesome, awesome character. I hope Ace Attorney 5 was announced during Captivate 09, although I doubt it as it seems to be something they'd announce at a Japanese event.

ChazAshley

CharAznable's second cousin
I agree totally. That last case is worth the full price of the game itself. If only I could hit my head against a cinder block to forget my experiences with that game just so I can play it with a fresh slate.

Phoenix finger pointing with the ghost of Mia? Yes again plz.

Torquill

Just finished it myself last week. Pretty freaking awesome, though my favorite case is still probably the final case in 2.

3 had way fewer "retarded leaps of logic" though I still got in trouble a few times when I got a few steps ahead of the game.

Masked Man

I said wow
Yes, yes, and YES. SO good. The PW games are a big part of my gaming life, and I'm always happy to hear that someone else has recently discovered how wonderful they truly are. :D

Darkpen

Banned
I don't remember how I felt about 3, all except for that I more or less gave up trying to figure things out on my own and began relying on gamefaqs because the pacing was murder :/

Colocho

Banned
I fucking love the series and I rank them the same way I rank the main prosecutors in their respective game

Godot > Edgeworth > Fransiska > Klavier (who almost killed the game for me)

The last case was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen in a game.

So many different plot twists, a wonderful cast, and many different shocking moments.

Sending Dahlia to hell = awesome

I really like how everything got connected together in that case. Now here's hoping the next game can have something which approaches that level of awesome.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
PW3 was fucking amazing.
When the classic Objection music kicked in at the end... *shivers*

I still think PW1 was the most well-rounded and had the best localization, but the final PW2 case and most especially the final PW3 case both easily beat it out PW1's best cases, IMHO.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I haven't played PW3. Actually, I only just recently completed 1, and case 1 of Justice For All.

Edgeworth is awesome.
Manfred Von Karma is scary :(

Ferrio

Banned
The last case was brilliant until I used my brain for a second, something the killer's motive lacked, which was outside of character.

Colocho said:
I fucking love the series and I rank them the same way I rank the main prosecutors in their respective game

Klavier is the best in my opinion. Don't know why people hate on him, he had some serious balls.

aerofx said:
Can someone list the series in sequence? I remember playing the first one but after that I lost track.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

diss

Banned
i loved the first two games but even so i doubted that they could effectively cap off the series. and the thing is that most of the cases in that game are among the best of the entire series, and i love how they brought it all back together in the end

i played all three games back to back to back over the course of a few months and it'll remain one of my favourite gaming experiences for a while i think. the games have their problems of course, but overall it's still awesome

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
and I know some of the cases occur out of chronological order:

ie:

Case 2 in Justice for All occurs before case 1 (I've started Case 2).

Redd

Colocho said:

Nothing tops emo Edgeworth for me but Godot came extremely close down the stretch. Yeah I never was to fond of Klavier but then again he was the only prosecutor that really didn't have a dark past to deal with. I even started liking him near the end.

Redd said:
Nothing tops emo Edgeworth for me but Godot came extremely close down the stretch. Yeah I never was to fond of Klavier but then again he was the only prosecutor that really didn't have a dark past to deal with. I even started liking him near the end.

Well...
he's pretty much forced to realize that he got an innocent man disbarred and that his brother was a manipulative murdering psychopath. Not to mention having one of his closest friends turning out to be a smuggler and murderer

Unlike the other prosecutors, Klavier has more of that shit happen to him during the game, rather than before it.

Ferrio

Banned
Redd said:
Yeah I never was to fond of Klavier but then again he was the only prosecutor that really didn't have a dark past to deal with. I even started liking him near the end.

That's why he rocked

1. Unlike all the other previous prosecutors, klavier from the start was about trying to bring people to justice, not just his win record. It took edgeworth getting his ass handed to him and being put on trial before he realized that.

2. Again Klavier didn't fuck around, he had no qualms in aiding putting one of his band member and his own brother in jail.

3. Unlike all the other prosecutors he wasn't a douche. Godot came close until his brain fell out.

Redd

KuwabaraTheMan said:
Well...
he's pretty much forced to realize that he got an innocent man disbarred and that his brother was a manipulative murdering psychopath. Not to mention having one of his closest friends turning out to be a smuggler and murderer

Unlike the other prosecutors, Klavier has more of that shit happen to him during the game, rather than before it.

Well yeah he finds out about that stuff in the game but unlike the rest he had it pretty good.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Who is more evil?

Morgan Fey or Dahlia Hawethorne

Morgan -
Had Dahlia and Iris, really didn't care for them since they did not have psychic powers. Then raised Pearl to be the successor of the family, climaxing in Case 2 where she tried to implicate Maya. She meets Dahlia in prison, arranges to have her kill Maya again.

Dahlia -
Hated her father, had her father abandon her twin sister. She kills her adopted big sister and drives a man to commit suicide. She is persued by Godot and poisons him. She tries to hide the evidence in a locket that she gives to Phoenix Wright. Then she sends Iris to become his girlfriend to get the locket back. Frustrated with her sister, she tries to kill Phoenix Wright, but ended up killing someone else. Imprisoned, she meets her mother and plans to kill Maya. Her motive is revenge against the attorney who imprisoned her.

I guess the moral of the story isn't who is more evil, just what will people do for power and revenge. Dahlia
is the cousin of Maya and Mia, and she had no qualms about killing them. The same way that Morgan was willing to kill Maya.

Ferrio said:
That's why he rocked

1. Unlike all the other previous prosecutors, klavier from the start was about trying to bring people to justice, not just his win record. It took edgeworth getting his ass handed to him and being put on trial before he realized that.

2. Again Klavier didn't fuck around, he had no qualms in aiding putting one of his band member and his own brother in jail.

3. Unlike all the other prosecutors he wasn't a douche. Godot came close until his brain fell out.

While Godot and Franzika are my two favorites, I agree with you that Klavier is a great prosecutor.

He gets too much hate here, when he is easily the most realistic (in terms of character). Not to mention he had the most kick ass theme song in the Phoenix Wright saga.

I can say with complete certainty that PW3 is in my top 10 best games of all time. I was just thinking about how incredible it was today while playing Apollo Justice (totally stuck in case 4 but I'll figure it out). I still can't believe how perfectly they wrapped up every loose end from 3 games worth of storylines in 1 murder case but somehow they pulled it off.

Redd

Hcoregamer00 said:
While Godot and Franzika are my two favorites, I agree with you that Klavier is a great prosecutor.

He gets too much hate here, when he is easily the most realistic (in terms of character)..

I always thought people hated Franzika the most. Never got that one myself.

Hcoregamer00

The_Inquisitor said:
This game series is one of the many things nagging me to buy a DS.

It is not hyperbole when I say that the Phoenix Wright/Ace Attorney Saga is one of the greatest DS stories.

If you don't finish the first saga (AA1 - AA3) without a tear in your eye, you have no soul.

Hcoregamer00

Ferrio said:
She's certainly my least liked. She's an edgeworth lite.

True, but her single-minded personality is part of her charm.

Case 5 is AA3 just showed how awesome she is
when you challenge her as edgeworth

Granted Case 5 in AA3 was freaking awesome because
Edgeworth was the FREAKING DEFENSE ATTORNEY
. That reason alone made AA3 one of the greatest freaking games ever made.

Ferrio

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
Granted Case 5 in AA3 was freaking awesome because
Edgeworth was the FREAKING DEFENSE ATTORNEY
. That reason alone made AA3 one of the greatest freaking games ever made.

I didn't find that all that exciting I guess. And like I said before any praise I could of given that last case was ripped away by the glaring stupidity of the characters.

Redd

Ferrio said:
She's certainly my least liked. She's an edgeworth lite.

The funny part is Franziska even thinks that she's inferior to Edgeworth. It's amusing Miles never picked up on it or probably didn't care.

Hcoregamer00 said:
Who is more evil?

Morgan Fey or Dahlia Hawethorne

Morgan -
Had Dahlia and Iris, really didn't care for them since they did not have psychic powers. Then raised Pearl to be the successor of the family, climaxing in Case 2 where she tried to implicate Maya. She meets Dahlia in prison, arranges to have her kill Maya again.

Dahlia -
Hated her father, had her father abandon her twin sister. She kills her adopted big sister and drives a man to commit suicide. She is persued by Godot and poisons him. She tries to hide the evidence in a locket that she gives to Phoenix Wright. Then she sends Iris to become his girlfriend to get the locket back. Frustrated with her sister, she tries to kill Phoenix Wright, but ended up killing someone else. Imprisoned, she meets her mother and plans to kill Maya. Her motive is revenge against the attorney who imprisoned her.

I guess the moral of the story isn't who is more evil, just what will people do for power and revenge. Dahlia
is the cousin of Maya and Mia, and she had no qualms about killing them. The same way that Morgan was willing to kill Maya.

Dahlia isn't just more evil, she's the most evil character in the series. Hell,
she continued to make evil plans and have them carried out even beyond death.

Of course, the thing that sucks about Morgan is that
despite essentially being behind two different cases, you never get to take her down on the stand.

Hcoregamer00

Redd said:
The funny part is Franziska even thinks that she's inferior to Edgeworth. It's amusing Miles never picked up on it or probably didn't care.

Her inferiority complex is what makes her more than just a cut-and-paste Edgeworth.

It also made her far more vicious in AA2.

KuwabaraTheMan said:
Dahlia isn't just more evil, she's the most evil character in the series. Hell,
she continued to make evil plans and have them carried out even beyond death.

Of course, the thing that sucks about Morgan is that
despite essentially being behind two different cases, you never get to take her down on the stand.

Yeah, I know that Dahlia was more evil.

In the greater context of the storyline, Dahlia and Morgan are two of the most twisted characters in the Franchise.

klavier was alright, his band plays a song inspired by Megaman X and
he wasn't an asshole of a prosecutor but that cost him his brother and his friend in the end.
I can't wait to see what they'll do with him and the others in GS5, too bad it'll be years before it comes out

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over.

PW1 remains my favorite for introducing me to the series and the potential of a DS version, PW2's last case and ending is my favorite case for the sheer roller coaster ride, but PW3 is objectively the best game of the series and wraps things up extremely well.

Hcoregamer00

..pakbeka.. said:
klavier was alright, his band plays a song inspired by Megaman X and
he wasn't an asshole of a prosecutor but that cost him his brother and his friend in the end.
I can't wait to see what they'll do with him and the others in GS5, too bad it'll be years before it comes out

I hope they don't do with him what they did to
Phoenix Wright
. Nothing will be more irritating if they gave him a huge personality change.

I do hope that we have AA5 notice soon, and give us Gyakuten Kenji in the USA. You know that there are a legion of fans who will buy this game in a heartbeat.

Redd

Hcoregamer00 said:
Her inferiority complex is what makes her more than just a cut-and-paste Edgeworth.

I agree but many don't see it an that's why I notice she's the least liked prosecutor.......or maybe because she was the main prosecutor in Justice for All.

Hcoregamer00 said:
.and give us Gyakuten Kenji in the USA.
It's called "Ace Attorney Investigations" in the US. It comes out in Japan in about a month, and since the game already has a US title I expect they are already working on a localization for sometime this fall...but I want it sooner!!!

Reading this topic makes me want to go play all the games again. It's been a long while since I have played them...I really wish Capcom would bring out a new game. I mean I'm looking forward to Ace Attorney Investigations, but I want another game with Feeny in it as an Attorney again! ^_^

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
This thread has reminded me that I need to beat 2 so I can play 3. My copy's been sitting on the shelf since it came out...

newfire01

Neo Member
God I loved this game. Definitely the best in the series. And I agree, the final Case was epic...the best the series has to offer. This series is the only adventure/ visual novel I have ever actually played through completely and I have tried several. Oh yea, the music is AMAZING! I recommend anyone to get the Gyakuten Saiban Meets Orchestra as well as the Magical Trick Society cds. These cds will send shivers through your body, I guarantee it!

Ashodin

The massive, MASSIVE tie ins that AA3 does to build you up until the climax of the whole series just makes you tingle with excitement.

I agree with the goosebumps when the original Objection music arises. It is just like HOLY FUCK YES YES YES ALL OVER MY FACE

Phoenix Wright 3 is one of the greatest things I've ever had the pleasure to experience and the only handheld game to ever make me cry. Everything leading up to that final case was just executed so perfectly and amazingly it's impossible to describe with words.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Third game has the best objection tune.

Oh and is totally balls to the wall awesome and easily the best game in the series unless you somehow hate supernatural junk.

Part of the reason I was disappointed with JFA was that I felt that Case 2 was awesome, and
Morgan vows revenge which I thought was coming at the end of JFA
. But this buildup totally was worth it in Case 5 of T&T. That case was amazing.

MidnightScott said:
It's called "Ace Attorney Investigations" in the US. It comes out in Japan in about a month, and since the game already has a US title I expect they are already working on a localization for sometime this fall...
Also, for anyone still worried about Gyakuten Kenji not getting an English release:

qo86cg.jpg

Top Right Corner

This pic is from the Captivate '09 event taking place in Europe right now. Pic from the AA fan site Court-Records.

Top Bottom