• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media-Create Sales: May 4-10, 2009

botticus said:
It's too bad we probably won't get an update on the first Taiko for DS for a while, I'm guessing all three releases (DS and Wii) are pretty much neck-and-neck.
Pretty much. The last time we have a number for all of them is the end of 2008, when it was

Taiko DS1: 525K
Taiko DS2: 444K
Taiko Wii: 251K

However, based on the sales in the preceding months it seems like Taiko DS2 was selling nearly twice as many per week. If Taiko DS1 has continued doing about half of Taiko DS2, it should still have a slight lead. Buuut since it's been out of sight for nearing half a year, that's hard to say.

Kinda looks like they're planning some sort of gathering at 600K in July or August?

EDIT: Among known sales the #2 Taiko game hit 579K after 14 months. Taiko DS1 may be past that now, but whenever that 600K meetup I mentioned above happens, the DS/Wii games will be 3 of the top 4. #1 is still the original PS2 version, at 743K.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Wow, super low sales this week all-around, what gives?

Also, go Inazuma Eleven go!
It might achieve a lifetime LTD of near 400k, pretty darn impressive after not that big of a start, awesome legs.

What are the chances of a EU/NA release now?
Level 5 games have always made it out here, am I right?

apotema

Dash Kappei said:
Wow, super low sales this week all-around, what gives?

Also, go Inazuma Eleven go!
It might achieve a lifetime LTD of near 400k, pretty darn impressive after not that big of a start, awesome legs.

What are the chances of a EU/NA release now?
Level 5 games have always made it out here, am I right?

It bodes well for the sequel

Vinnk

Flying_Phoenix said:
So what would happen if you were spotted and caught outside? Would you be in trouble with the cops or would they just give you a stink eye?

The cops would probably just tell me to go back inside but there would be no consequences. I would be far more worried that a gossipy old woman saw me. Its a small town and not much to talk about. When I put my recycleables out on the wrong day it was a good discussion topic for days.

And yuck at those sales. I wonder if by the time my boy is old enough to play games there will still be a Japanese console market...

justchris

Vinnk said:
And yuck at those sales. I wonder if by the time my boy is old enough to play games there will still be a Japanese console market...

There'll still be handhelds. Don't worry so much.

Vinnk

justchris said:
There'll still be handhelds. Don't worry so much.

Not really actually worried. And hell I don't want my kid to spend as much time as me playing videogames anyway. :lol

Vinnk said:
The cops would probably just tell me to go back inside but there would be no consequences. I would be far more worried that a gossipy old woman saw me. Its a small town and not much to talk about. When I put my recycleables out on the wrong day it was a good discussion topic for days.

Ugh. I have a feeling that if I was your neighbor I'd quickly gain the title of "that American punk kid".

Vinnk said:
Of course. I am gonna raise this kid right. No petz games for my boy.

Why not show him some sports as well? You don't want your kid turning into a couch potato do you?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
so tact of magic will be the next first party bomba on wii ? can we expect more than 5+ first day ?

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
bttb should be here with the rest soon
*shrugs* Maybe he's not, hasn't logged in 3 days...

Famitsu First day sales (through 2ch)
NDS Pro Yakyuu Team o Tsukurou! 2 (Lets Make a Pro Baseball Team 2) (SEGA) - 24,000 (30%)
NDS Sloan to Michael: Nazo no Monogatari (Level 5) - 19,000 (30%)
360 Mass Effect (Microsoft) - 12,000 (55%)
WII Tact of Magic (Nintendo) - 3,000 (15%)
PSP SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1 (SNK Playmore) - 2,000 (20%)
NDS Yuuzai x Muzai (Bandai Namco) - 1,500 (20%)
NDS Ora ga Omae o Mamoru (Idea Factory) - 1,000 (20%)
NDS Simple DS Series Vol. 48: The Saibanin: 1-tsu no Shinjitsu, 6-tsu no Kotae (D3) - 800 (15%)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Aru said:
Takt of Magic is first party ? o.o

developed by taito, nintendo is the publisher though.... those wii bombas are really scary...

Minsc

Gold Member
Dascu said:
Nintendo's policy of not promoting their games until a month before release is really hurting the sales.

True, but Sony & MS's policies aren't doing the job any better.

Rock_Man

Dengeki reports this is the first week since June 2005 that software sales fall below 600k.
DQ IX can't come soon enough. It won't make up for the difference between software sales in 2008 and 2009 but it will make things look much better.

test_account

XP-39C²
Vinnk said:
It was the "honor system". Yeah I could have just walked out. But since my town has only 6 white guys and all the my students live around the area I do, I would have been instantly spotted. Then if anyone got the flu, for any reason there would be a lot of finger pointing.

But it was ok. While I was in America I bought a PS3 and Valkyria Chronicles. :D

We found out the baby is going to be a boy, which is good since we had already bought this shirt (not that we wouldn't have giving it to a female child anyway):

http://www.4colorrebellion.com/media/pics/07/09/misakoandshirt.jpg
Nice Mario t-shirt! :)

Top Bottom