• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Sales: Week 16, 2023 (Apr 10 - Apr 16)

Famitsu Sales: Week 16, 2023 (Apr 10 - Apr 16)

SOFTWARE

01./00. [NSW] Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection <RPG> (Capcom) {2023.04.14} (¥5.990) - 52.375 / NEW
02./01. [NSW] Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe <ACT> (Nintendo) {2023.02.24} (¥5.980) - 11.372 / 384.987 (-31%)
03./04. [NSW] Pokemon Scarlet / Violet # <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2022.11.18} (¥5.980) - 9.499 / 4.991.374 (-3%)
04./03. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe <RCE> (Nintendo) {2017.04.28} (¥5.980) - 9.071 / 5.243.555 (-9%)
05./00. [PS4] Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection <RPG> (Capcom) {2023.04.14} (¥5.990) - 7.871 / NEW
06./07. [NSW] Minecraft # <ADV> (Microsoft Game Studios) {2018.06.21} (¥3.600) - 7.307 / 3.106.167 (-5%)
07./02. [PS4] Resident Evil 4 # <ADV> (Capcom) {2023.03.24} (¥7.990) - 7.189 / 120.636 (-37%)
08./05. [NSW] Splatoon 3 <ACT> (Nintendo) {2022.09.09} (¥5.980) - 7.147 / 3.985.494 (-18%)
09./08. [NSW] Nintendo Switch Sports # <SPT> (Nintendo) {2022.04.29} (¥4.980) - 5.564 / 1.056.390 (+0%)
10./00. [NSW] Dokapon Kingdom: Connect <RPG> (Compile Heart) {2023.04.13} (¥5.800) - 5.411 / NEW

Top 10

NSW - 8
PS4 - 2

HARDWARE

PctcViQ.jpg

Last edited:

Fake

What drug did Nintendo put into Mario Kart? This game never stops selling.

MK is appealing because the quantity of characters and besides being fun, runs on NS like a dream (1920x1080 at 60 vs the Wii U version running at 720p 59) with is quite uncommon taking the shit perfomance of recent NS games.

Last edited:

Elios83

-PS4 - 1,356
-Xbox Series X/S - 296

:pie_diana:

Sony is conspiring with the japanese government to make this happen :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Btw PS5 sales have been increasing again in the past two weeks and with no particular game releases or promotions to justify it, it's a sign that the stock situation is still not perfect with weekly fluctuations and things have to fully stabilize yet.

Last edited:
Sony is conspiring with the japanese government to make this happen :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Btw PS5 sales have been increasing again in the past two weeks and with no particular game releases or promotions to justify it, it's a sign that the stock situation is still not perfect with weekly fluctuations and things have to fully stabilize yet.
Ao much for ps5 to stabilize below 20k as some suggested.

feynoob

Banned
The GTA5 drug

Absolutely pathetic sales for Xbox there, and it's been that way for over half a year, if not longer. May not even hit 600K lifetime in Japan at this rate.
They don't have Japanese games that makes people buy Xbox.

They need to have their own Japanese exclusive games. Give people a reason to buy Xbox there.

MrA

Banned

Baseline seems to be an excellent 45k, won't touch switch numbers, but should reach a healthy 13 to 15 million

PS5 desperately needs a stability patch.

Impotaku

Did everyone sell their PS4's in japan or something? how in the hell is there that much of a gap in megaman battle network collection between versions? Maybe playstation gamers have no nostalgia for battle network, it is a gba series after all.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
They don't have Japanese games that makes people buy Xbox.

They need to have their own Japanese exclusive games. Give people a reason to buy Xbox there.
They need a new brand, I think.

Microsoft fucked up in Japan in the very beginning. The OG Xbox launched with a defect, the system would scratch the discs and make them unusable. Microsoft treated the situation horribly. It hurt their reputation in Japan.

They have to start over. And take it seriously this time. Possibly with the help of a japanese company.

Nautilus

Banned
No need to worry anymore guys, I'm here! Its been an unusually busy day today.

The Switch version of Megaman completely oblitorated the other versions, didn't it? And there is ZERO PS5 software this week on top ten. Absolutely dreadful.

Which is why these PS5 numbers continue to be weird as hell. If not to buy games, they do what with them? Stash in some place and say they are art pieces?

Anyway, even PS4 software sales are weak this week, with the PS4 version of Megaman being especially glaring. Next week Golden Week should start, so we should see an overall increase everywhere.

Woopah

No need to worry anymore guys, I'm here! Its been an unusually busy day today.

The Switch version of Megaman completely oblitorated the other versions, didn't it? And there is ZERO PS5 software this week on top ten. Absolutely dreadful.

Which is why these PS5 numbers continue to be weird as hell. If not to buy games, they do what with them? Stash in some place and say they are art pieces?

Anyway, even PS4 software sales are weak this week, with the PS4 version of Megaman being especially glaring. Next week Golden Week should start, so we should see an overall increase everywhere.
Its possible to analyse these through more than a "negative for Sony" lens you know.

Nautilus

Banned
Its possible to analyse these through more than a "negative for Sony" lens you know.
Then please give me a convincing reason as to why PS5 hardware are doing these numbers, and at the sane time the software side seems like a desert?

Otherwise, it makes sense to point out that weirdness, regardless if people feel bothered by "negative Sony" analysis.

Woopah

Then please give me a convincing reason as to why PS5 hardware are doing these numbers, and at the sane time the software side seems like a desert?

Otherwise, it makes sense to point out that weirdness, regardless if people feel bothered by "negative Sony" analysis.
I think that exporting abroad could be a major factor, or the fact the console is now available properly on Amazon

Whatever the reason, PS5 hardware sales are good and doing much better than many (including you and I) expected. And you always comment on PS5 hardware when it goes down but rarely comment about Switch sales going down.

Nautilus

Banned
I think that exporting abroad could be a major factor, or the fact the console is now available properly on Amazon

Whatever the reason, PS5 hardware sales are good and doing much better than many (including you and I) expected. And you always comment on PS5 hardware when it goes down but rarely comment about Switch sales going down.
I do too, but try saying that PS5s are being scalped to see how popular that opinion would be.

And I always comment on PS5 hardware because its the one console whose numbers haven't settled. The Switch has been hovering around the 50k mark since february, so there's nothing new there. Once PS5 settles, I'll stop commenting on it too.

Neo_game

Wow, finally someone giving actual numbers for each SKU (y)

SS is 250 K and SX is 184K in Japan so nearly 60/40 split in favor of SS. PS4 LTD is 9.4 million but below it is showing 7.8 ? Does that mean Pro sold 1.6 million ?

Three

Why like a desert? Does anybody track digital in Japan? Does it differ much?

Top Bottom