• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver Release date: 09/12/09 - Price: 4,800 Yen

Jonnyram

I'm getting silver too. Pokemon Silver was the first game I actually bought when I came to Japan the first time. Lots of memories.

The question is, will DQIX affect Pokemon sales, or will Pokemon affect DQIX sales, assuming DQIX legs are long enough.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Guled said:
I hope this comes out quickly in NA. But I bet we have to wait till march again
Well, if it comes out in September, and NoA gets on the ball, I bet you they can have it out by November. The only reason I can see NoA not doing it is they seem to want to give every big game its own spotlight, so they could delay it to give more attention to Zelda.

cvxfreak

Jonnyram said:
I'm getting silver too. Pokemon Silver was the first game I actually bought when I came to Japan the first time. Lots of memories.

The question is, will DQIX affect Pokemon sales, or will Pokemon affect DQIX sales, assuming DQIX legs are long enough.

Doubt it. Two months is a pretty wide gap.

That said, 2004's top 100 chart was interesting because it was Dragon Quest VIII, FireRed/LeafGreen, Dragon Quest V and then Pokemon Emerald (the last two reversed their positions LTD-wise eventually).

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Door2Dawn said:
Can you guys read Japanese? Why would you get the Japanese version?

There's quite a big Japanese-centric audience in GAF.

I also care because it gives us an estimate of when it will come out overseas (read early 2010).

RedBoot

Drkirby said:
Well, if it comes out in September, and NoA gets on the ball, I bet you they can have it out by November. The only reason I can see NoA not doing it is they seem to want to give every big game its own spotlight, so they could delay it to give more attention to Zelda.

It'll come out here in March. It took NOA around six months to do Platinum, and most of the text was already done for that one. Plus, they always release Pokemon stuff in March.

Firestorm

Door2Dawn said:
Can you guys read Japanese? Why would you get the Japanese version?
If I could stumble across a really bad translation patch as an 11 year old where half the game was gibberish, I'm sure people are fine in a remake.

Also, half the people in the topic live(d) in Japan.

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but seriously. I need to figure out the secret to selling such similar games over and over to millions of people. They could teach whole game design classes on Pokemon at this point.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
flarkminator said:
I mean this in the nicest way possible, but seriously. I need to figure out the secret to selling such similar games over and over to millions of people. They could teach whole game design classes on Pokemon at this point.
Madden? The entire FPS genre? This isn't Pokémon specific.

HUELEN10

Damn, I REALLY hope I beat Diamond by the time this comes out in the states. 20+ hours and one gym badge.......

Hive

Banned
cvxfreak said:
Doubt it. Two months is a pretty wide gap.

That said, 2004's top 100 chart was interesting because it was Dragon Quest VIII, FireRed/LeafGreen, Dragon Quest V and then Pokemon Emerald (the last two reversed their positions LTD-wise eventually).

Media Create sales are going to be really fun again! ^^

joelseph

flarkminator said:

Simple mechanics can lead to a sublime experience that never gets old. Pokemon and Advanced Wars instantly come to mind. Never could get enough of either franchise.

Masked Man

I said wow
My first major purchase upon arriving in Japan! :D (I get there on or around September 1st, so this is perfect timing.)

I'm torn about which version to buy, though. On one hand, I bought Silver Version originally and I have SO many fond memories with the game that I would love to relive in this DS version; on the other hand, I absolutely LOVE Mishima Yukio, and reading The Temple of the Golden Pavilion has drawn me a lot closer to Ho-Oh and the Burnt Tower from a conceptual standpoint, so I feel inclined to pick up Heart Gold instead.

Suggestions?

Shiggie

Masked Man said:
My first major purchase upon arriving in Japan! :D (I get there on or around September 1st, so this is perfect timing.)

I'm torn about which version to buy, though. On one hand, I bought Silver Version originally and I have SO many fond memories with the game that I would love to relive in this DS version; on the other hand, I absolutely LOVE Mishima Yukio, and reading The Temple of the Golden Pavilion has drawn me a lot closer to Ho-Oh and the Burnt Tower from a conceptual standpoint, so I feel inclined to pick up Heart Gold instead.

Suggestions?
Since you already played silver, go for Gold.

Masked Man

I said wow
Shiggie said:
Since you already played silver, go for Gold.

That's a good point. I didn't want to seem too impulsive by going for HG based on having read Kinkakuji so recently, and I likewise didn't want to simply forgo Silver without justification. I think I'll be picking up HG--thanks! :D

Azure J

Masked Man said:
That's a good point. I didn't want to seem too impulsive by going for HG based on having read Kinkakuji so recently, and I likewise didn't want to simply forgo Silver without justification. I think I'll be picking up HG--thanks! :D

TRAITOR! :lol

Silver 4 lyfe.

Top Bottom