• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles - Japan Expo Trailer

Hey, maybe if you play as Steve he won't be such an annoying douche this time.

Looking good, although the melodrama of the... I dunno what you call it, the text in the trailer, makes me want to roll my eyes.

Oh, yeah, the shots also look like they have more impact now. That's good.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Does it still looks like the framerates are below 30 FPS? I can't watch youtube at work.

pakkit

Banned
Bisnic said:
Does it still looks like the framerates are below 30 FPS? I can't watch youtube at work.
Youtube can't do a higher FPS then 30, so it's hard to say. I will say, however, that if they can get those graphics running smoothly on the Wii, they can have my left kidney.

Cool trailer, and I'd usually be up for more Leon, but the impressions from E3 make it sound like it's exactly like UC with shaky cam and better graphics. :(

Dascu

Japan Expo is in Paris, so that explains why they used Resident Evil instead of Biohazard. And I guess they used English since they're too lazy to translate it to French.

duckroll

neo2046 said:
same question here
no idea why the trailer for JP expo but is called Resident Evil rather than biohazard

Japan Expo is an animation and games convention going on in France right now. It's not in Japan. :p

neo2046

Dascu said:
Japan Expo is in Paris, so that explains why they used Resident Evil instead of Biohazard. And I guess they used English since they're too lazy to translate it to French.
duckroll said:
Japan Expo is an animation and games convention going on in France right now. It's not in Japan. :p

I see, thanks :)

VAIL

Just watched on IGN, looks like it's running a lot better than before...and visually it's top notch.

Aru

Dascu said:
And I guess they used English since they're too lazy to translate it to French.

And that's good.
Do you guys have even heard the french VA of Metal Gear Solid ?

I kinda liked it at the time but... it was not serious at all (very hilarious).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYhTrF785NM

:lol I didn't remember it was THAT bad :lol

I know it's Konami and not Capcom, but still. Almost all french VA for japanese games are bad.

EDIT:

I think I was a bit confused there. You were probably talking about the texts, not the voices.
Sometimes we get games entirely in japanese for the Japan Expo, I guess English isn't that bad then. We got the demo of Valkyria Chronicles in japanese (I'm sure of it because I've tried the demo at last year's Japan Expo) !

Having a friendly NPC take up 1/3 of the frame half of the time seems like a really shitty idea. Either give us a legit 3rd person game or don't. I'm not into this pseudo 3rd person view crap just to show us the character model exists.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
GrotesqueBeauty said:
Having a friendly NPC take up 1/3 of the frame half of the time seems like a really shitty idea. Either give us a legit 3rd person game or don't. I'm not into this pseudo 3rd person view crap just to show us the character model exists.
sounds to me like you're scared ; )

the NPC is a liability, deal with it.
or don't

Top Bottom