• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Confirms More Resident Evil Remakes Are Coming

It doesn't need a ramake... and it's not that interesting of a game honestly. neither is 6.
Both shine in local coop.

remake 1, remake code veronica
Remake 1 will be the grand finale of this remake series i bet. Probably with an expansed mansion. I think they can re-jigger a code veronica remake enough to make it a really good modern survival horror game.

Last edited:

Moses85

Meanwhile, Mega Man is still trapped on the moon...
Beavis And Butthead Comedy GIF by Paramount+

Madflavor

Code Veronica is the only entry that hasn’t had a Remake that would benefit the most from one. It’s a flawed game that could be greatly improved, and from a storytelling/lore perspective it’s one of the more important entries. It reunites the Redfields, establishes Wesker’s superhuman abilities, and sets the stage for the Chris/Wesker rivalry.

Jumping right into RE5 without Code Veronica lacks the same weight.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Megaman is dead. Last game was Megaman X Dive a gacha game. Only lives on through Inti Creates and a Indie game called Gravity Circuit.

Capcom seems to just be Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, and maybe Dragon's Dogma now.

simpatico

An RE6 remixed remake has so much potential. Use the best of Leon’s campaign and keep that amazing RE6 combat loop. Those quick draw shots into melee attacks feels so damn good. Cut all the fat and rewrite the story into a real RE4 sequel.

If they let me be the creative director on this I could guarantee GOTY nominations.

Jesb

I don’t understand why they don’t just make a new game in the vein of RE2 remake or RE4 remake. Both of those did great, instead of another remake why not build off those games with a new game. They can do that while developing RE9.

HofT

I can only sigh then, RE5 is already graphically great, plays great and has AAA voice acting (and music), it cannot be improved upon. They will just remake it with C-grade voice actors like they did RE4 remake but I suppose people will still say it's 10/10 and I'm in a minority.
RE5 was underwhelming and should be remade

I would love CVX remade. Also 5 only if they kept the original mercs system - as i was kinda pro at that lol - 0 is my least fav so not too excited about that. would be cool if they remade the original resi 3 , or whatever one they kinda scrapped lol - or even the real original RE4

Jesb

Very likely whatever is next it’s still gonna be on last gen consoles. Would be great if they were developed on current gen instead but unlikely.

Zuzu

I hope they remake RE6 one day and massively improve it. It'd be a huge project though considering it has 4 campaigns.

Soodanim

Gold Member
RE 1 will be done in 1st person I bet.
RE 0 and Code Veronica too please.
Then work on 5&6
As much as I would love to see them fix some imperfections so it can get the love it deserves, don't see them doing 0. It's too inconsequential to be worth the big effort, that's too big a sell.

2026 being the 30th anniversary makes me think 1 is on the cards, and with Wesker having only appeared ever so slightly in the RE engine remakes we need context for new fans to understand what the hell is going on between Chris/Jill/Wesker in 5 and why any of it matters.

I've heard people say 1 won't work as well in OTS because of the tight corridors. I don't know if I agree, but I also heard many years ago that the original idea for 1 was first person so it makes me think that's also likely. I don't know if it's what I want, though.

What I can't figure out is if Capcom think they can adequately tell the story of 5 without CV, and if they do retell CV will they live in fear and change everything that made Alfred unique because of social media and faux-outcries from the usual places and desperate clickbait pieces? It won't be easy either way.

Another thing that makes me wonder about CV is the release timeline. With them essentially taking turns with old and new, the all but confirmed 5 could easily be 5 years away. Do they want to wait that long? Something may have to give. If it's 1, that's a big anniversary missed and a big hole in the story of 5. If it's CV, that's a hole but smaller than 1. If it's new games that go, they risk people getting sick of remakes.

Last edited:
I think Code Veronica will be next! There's alot they can tweak and add in a remake.
I can't see Re1 being reremade...the remake is already the best Re game followed by Re2remake

Soodanim

Gold Member
Here is your first person:

I could play UC from start to finish, and if you asked me which games are set in Spencer Mansion as was turning the console off I would say only 1 and REmake - with absolute certainty. Something about those games cannot stay in my memory. But Survivor that I haven't played in 20 years? Come on in, let's talk about T-102 mass production and Hypnos

Last edited:

Moses85

An RE6 remixed remake has so much potential. Use the best of Leon’s campaign and keep that amazing RE6 combat loop. Those quick draw shots into melee attacks feels so damn good. Cut all the fat and rewrite the story into a real RE4 sequel.

If they let me be the creative director on this I could guarantee GOTY nominations.
From Leons Campaign only the school section was good.

Start this trash Game from scratch.

julia louis dreyfus do not want GIF

simpatico

From Leons Campaign only the school section was good.

Start this trash Game from scratch.

julia louis dreyfus do not want GIF
The tunnels had a would-be iconic moment with the zombie shadows (would have been if the rest of the game was good). The church was good visually. I'm mostly talking background set pieces. They can plug in better combat scenarios, but the backgrounds have a lot of potential.

Not to mentioned that sweet sweet quick draw to melee combat loop. People are snoozing on that.

yurinka

Relatively recently got a gazillion collections plus Mega Man 11 and Megaman X Dive. I assume it will need to rest a bit for a while now since it never sold like Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Street Fighter or Monster Hunter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom