• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro. Layton 3 already confirmed for localization?

Guled

2airg4k.jpg

nice, hopefully the wait won't be as long

I love it when Nintendo localizes their games (no matter how niche) people usually don't do so much as turn their heads. Yet when Nintendo doesn't localize one of their games no matter how nichey (Captain Rainbow) or bad (Disaster) it's all "Nintendo SUCKS ASS!", "Nintendo doesn't care about their fans!", "Shitendo!".

iirc, a similar note was in the manual of the first game, but people whined their way through the year+ wait that followed for the sequel

Guled

Flying_Phoenix said:
I love it when Nintendo localizes their games (no matter how niche) people usually don't do so much as turn their heads. Yet when Nintendo doesn't localize one of their games no matter how nichey (Captain Rainbow) or bad (Disaster) it's all "Nintendo SUCKS ASS!", "Nintendo doesn't care about their fans!", "Shitendo!".
Pro. Layton is niche?

Zoc

It's weird this series is so delayed, compared to the Japanese release. I finished the third one almost a year ago, I think, and the second one isn't even out in English?

duckroll

Chairhome said:
So, ummmm.... does the password shown in that picture work if I put it as the password on my PL1 right now?

No. The password is generated uniquely for each DS. Which is why you need the same DS to access each game for the codes to work.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Yeah Layton 2 isn't supposed to be out till the 24th for the US. It was going to be a good birthday for me :|

Zoc said:
It's weird this series is so delayed, compared to the Japanese release. I finished the third one almost a year ago, I think, and the second one isn't even out in English?
A lot of puzzles have to be changed/created.

It is surprisingly difficult.

KingDirk

duckroll said:
Wait, Layton 2 is out?! WHAT I THOUGHT ITS OUT NEXT WEEK FFFFWHATTIEJI)GJSIJFA

Man if it's out early tell me when-and-where I don't care if I already have it preordered I will buy it RIGHT NOW.

duckroll

ShockingAlberto said:
A lot of puzzles have to be changed/created.

It is surprisingly difficult.

That's just a bullshit excuse really. There's a much more realistic reason why it's taking so "long" and while most people here won't like to hear the answer, I think it would be retarded if Nintendo decided to speed up the releases just to please us.

Firstly Layton 1 launched late, but it met with massive success in both the US and Europe. It's a long selling game with some serious legs. Most of the people buying it don't know about the Japanese releases and they don't read up on Japanese release updates and go "whoa shit we are 3 games behind!" or whatever. They're just content with whatever comes out. Hence it makes no sense for Nintendo to cannibalize their own sales by releasing the next Layton say 6 months from now, if Layton 2 is still selling well.

Secondly, Level 5 has rapidly expanded over the last few years, and they are handling a shitload of projects. Not only are they making a ton of self-published titles in Japan, but they also have to aid with the localization of every game that will eventually arrive overseas. Since their primary business is developing and publishing games for the Japanese market, that's where the bulk of their manpower will go to. This means they are sort of constrained when it comes to localization work. If you notice, White Knight Chronicles isn't out in the US either. Having to wait about a year or more for a Level 5 title to be localized is not entirely unusual. It sucks that people have to wait, but Japan is still their priority.

Top Bottom