• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today, is the greatest day of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitehawk

Banned
Today my friends, is possibly the greatest day of my life. Let me explain.

When I was in grade 5 or 6, I was allergic to something. I was getting diarrhea a bunch, and we were'nt sure why. First we thought it was wheat, then lactose, but we figured it out eventually. I am allergic to apples, pears and peaches. It's weird, I know. So far 6-7 years now, I haven't had any of these fruits. This also meant TONS of juices were out of reach. Fruit punch, and pretty much any juice that wasn't orange juice. But wednesday, I drank a large glass of apple juice, and another smoothie drink that had apples in it. It is now the end of friday, and my stomach hasn't felt upset at all, and my poop is normal! SO AWESOME. Maybe I'm speaking to soon, but it seems that I can eat apples now!!!

Short version: I've been allergic to apples, pears and peaches for 6-7 years now, and it seems that my allergy has disappeared!

Has this happened to anyone else? Can allergies really disappear, just like that?

yeah you can outgrow allergies or randomly get new allergies, or have old ones express themselves a lot worse or a lot less as you age.

congrats though, at least on your temporary reprieve

Thai

Bane was better.
this is usually a sign of imminent death, like your body is undergoing really quick changes to adapt to something odd happening inside it and it's trying all sorts of things to fix you.

i'm afraid you won't have long now :(

MIMIC

Banned
whitehawk said:
Today my friends, is possibly the greatest day of my life. Let me explain.

When I was in grade 5 or 6, I was allergic to something. I was getting diarrhea a bunch, and we were'nt sure why. First we thought it was wheat, then lactose, but we figured it out eventually. I am allergic to apples, pears and peaches. It's weird, I know. So far 6-7 years now, I haven't had any of these fruits. This also meant TONS of juices were out of reach. Fruit punch, and pretty much any juice that wasn't orange juice. But wednesday, I drank a large glass of apple juice, and another smoothie drink that had apples in it. It is now the end of friday, and my stomach hasn't felt upset at all, and my poop is normal! SO AWESOME. Maybe I'm speaking to soon, but it seems that I can eat apples now!!!

Uh oh.....

I'm not sure if it can disappear but I use to be allergic to cold weather. When it's very cold my skin starts stinging and I get hives for hours. So far I haven't been getting any this year.

Maybe some allergy is temp.

Wads

Banned
I don't have any food allergies, and never had allergies prior to my 20s, but I now have severe dust and pollen allergies... happened to me in reverse...

dasein

Thai said:
this is usually a sign of imminent death, like your body is undergoing really quick changes to adapt to something odd happening inside it and it's trying all sorts of things to fix you.

i'm afraid you won't have long now :(

Dude. It's not funny. Not funny at all. He's in the hospital right now.

MIMIC

Banned
When I was in preschool, my family thought that I was allergic to strawberries after I ate some and had one of the most frightening breakouts ever. I was covered in bumps from head to toe.

I can eat strawberries now....so maybe it was something else. I've always wondered WTF that was all about.

mollipen

2zjaq1h.jpg

Medalion

Banned
I've had allergies to blueberries since I was little, and I hadn't had it in ages, I once had some kinda blue-berry cocktail drink and my throat closed up for several minutes... this was a few years ago. I am still scared to death about blueberries.

Harpuia

whitehawk said:
What are you talking about guys, I'll be fin- asdaWS serSG..

Even in death, he makes sure to post on GAF. I'll remember you. :(

EDIT: On a serious note, you should be careful with that..... the allergic reactions could kick in at any moment.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Ballistictiger said:
I'm not sure if it can disappear but I use to be allergic to cold weather. When it's very cold my skin starts stinging and I get hives for hours. So far I haven't been getting any this year.

Maybe some allergy is temp.
Er, that's just dry skin.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
A long time ago, I was allergic to fur. It was so bad that when I visited my uncle in San Francisco, his two dogs kept me bedridden the entire trip.

Strangely enough, I noticed around 5 years ago when my auntie got dogs that I was not allergic anymore. Now I can play with cats and dogs without consequence.

:D

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Im lactose intolerant and can't eat spicy shit no mo'. Alao I was allergic to eggs when I was little, but not no mo.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
whitehawk said:
Just had another glass in celebration! I'm going to buy a full apple tomorrow. It will be glorious!
Then go to your favorite local restaurant/diner and order an apple pie with some ice cream. Heaven awaits, my friend.

whitehawk

Banned
chubigans said:
Then go to your favorite local restaurant/diner and order an apple pie with some ice cream. Heaven awaits, my friend.
Oh I forgot to mention, for some reason if the fruits were cooked, I could eat them. So I could have apple pie.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
whitehawk said:
Oh I forgot to mention, for some reason if the fruits were cooked, I could eat them. So I could have apple pie.
My brother is allergic to all types of nuts, but he can have creamy peanut butter. (Not crunchy, though) :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom