• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Nov 23-29, 2009

schuelma said:
I think 250K or so would show Koei the series is viable on the platform. Now, before Spiegel comes here, I don't think that number would be successful in comparison to other Musou games on other platforms, but I think that would be enough to build on for subsequent games.

I'd also add that going off sinobi's comment about the CC Pro pack, Nintendo is completely effing things up by not having that standard in every Wii right now. There is a reason the CC bundles keep selling out guys.

Well Nintendo still haven't proven they know what they're doing with the Wii. At all.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
schuelma said:
I'd also add that going off sinobi's comment about the CC Pro pack, Nintendo is completely effing things up by not having that standard in every Wii right now. There is a reason the CC bundles keep selling out guys.
I think Nintendo is hesitant to make the classic controller a standard pack-in because the entire concept of the Wii is based around the Wii remote. I think they're a bit worried about what message would be sent by making an old style controller standard, even if it's just for one region.

duckroll

Dragona Akehi said:
What would be a "success" for SM3 LTD would you say?

For Koei? It doesn't matter. They'll make back whatever they might lose (I doubt they lost anything considering it didn't have much marketing push, and it looks like a PS2 game) by porting it to the PS3, PSP, and 360 in a few months. :p

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Nirolak said:
I think Nintendo is hesitant to make the classic controller a standard pack-in because the entire concept of the Wii is based around the Wii remote. I think they're a bit worried about what message would be sent by making an old style controller standard, even if it's just for one region.

Respectfully disagree, at least for Japan.

I think Nintendo is clearly attempting to push it to traditional gamers in Japan. They designed the thing with the help of Capcom, and since its release has been bundled with MH Tri, SW3, Winning Eleven, and part of a console bundle with ToG. They are already sending a message to people IMO and they might as well go all out. I think the MH Tri and SW3 stand alones would sell better if every gamer already had a CC Pro.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
schuelma said:

I think Nintendo is clearly attempting to push it to traditional gamers in Japan. They designed the thing with the help of Capcom, and since its release has been bundled with MH Tri, SW3, Winning Eleven, and part of a console bundle with ToG. They are already sending a message to people IMO and they might as well go all out. I think the MH Tri and SW3 stand alones would sell better if every gamer already had a CC Pro.
Well, I think they're not so much worried about whether Japan would understand it, but more about the press they might get from major publications that don't know what they're talking about.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of Western financial press saying stuff like "Wii Submits Defeat, Packs In Traditional Controller" if they did this in Japan, regardless of how moronic making such articles would be. Nintendo might also be worried that investors who don't understand the game industry would subsequently believe these reports also.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Took it from a random site on the internet (nintendoeverything.com) but don't know if this is real (page didn't have a source); supposedly this are Media Create software numbers (at least these are not chartzz numbers):

1. [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii – 935,000 / NEW
2. [PSP] Phantasy Star Portable 2 – 287,000 / NEW
3. [PSP] Gunduam vs. Gundam Next Plus – 223,000 / NEW
4. [WII] Samurai Warriors 3 – 121,000 / NEW
5. [DS] Professor Layton and the Devil’s Flute – 85,000 / 391,000
6. [DS] Tomodachi Collection – 75,000 / 1,822,000
7. [WII] PokePark Wii: Pikachu’s Great Adventure – 64,000 / NEW
8. [DS] Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver – 63,000 / 3,153,000
9. [WII] Wii Fit Plus – 52,000 / 1,044,000
10. [PS3] Assassin’s Creed 2 – 49,000 / NEW
11. [PSP] Tokimeki Memorial 4
12. [DS] Power Pro-Kun Pocket 12
13. [DS] Inazuma Eleven 2: Kyoui no Shinryakusha – Blizzard
14. [DS] Metal Fight Beyblade: Bakutan Cyber Pegasus
15. [Wii] Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes W
16. [360] Assassin’s Creed 2
17. [WII] Momotarou Dentetsu 2010 Senkoku Ishin no Hero Daisyuugou ! No Ken
18. [WII] Wii Sports Resort
19. [DS] Stitch! Ohana to Rhythm de Daibouken
20. [WII] Taiko Drum Master Wii: Dodon to 2 Yome! 21. [DS] Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
21. [DS] Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
22. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010
23. [DS] Kaijuu Busters
24. [DS] New Super Mario Bros.
25. [WII] Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
26. [PSP] J-League Pro Soccer Club o Tsukurou! 6: Pride of J
27. [WII] Mario Kart Wii
28. [DS] Tamagotchi no Narikiri Channeru
29. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP the Best)
30. [DS] Dragon Quest IX

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
duckroll said:
So why did you post it?
I guess they look real enough, the format, numbers matches what we expect... whatever, that's why I put the warning before them; I'm trying to check them right now.

legend166

schuelma said:

The fact that it's bundled with Winning Eleven makes me incredibly depressed.

Morons don't realise the superior control scheme is right there with the Wiimote!

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Dragona Akehi said:
Well Nintendo still haven't proven they know what they're doing with the Wii. At all.

They know what they're doing, but it is probable you're not understanding it.

Don't worry, you're not alone on that one. I could explain but you would refuse it, we will consider it conventional wisdom many years from now. We're not meant to get it defined quite yet, because it's still undergoing.

In the meantime some people's fixed views will provide good energy.

duckroll

Enterbrain numbers:

DSL- 6700
DSi- 45000
LL- 62000
PSP- 66000
go- 3600
Wii- 101000
PS3- 50000
PS2- 2500
360- 4300

Title - FW/FD/FD sell-through

1.NSMBW 937000 422000 51%
2.PSP2 285000 202000 66%
3.GvsGN+ 238000 170000 61%
4.SM3 127000 55000(reg) 57% 23000(LE) 69%
7.Pokepark 57000
8.AC2 PS3 56000 28000 43%
10.Tokimemo 4 47000 28000
12.Pocket Pro 12 34000 23000 15%
14.AC2 360 28000 21000 48%
15.Kamen Rider 23000 8600 33%
16.Bayblade DS 22000 3700 10%
19.Stitch 20000 8300 23%
22.Kaiju Busters 16000 10000 31%
29.Cross Treasures 7500 6000 29%

schuelma

NSMB Wii got a 2nd shipment

SW3 almost sold out its first.

Wii goes up 59k from last week

PS3 goes up 11K

If the MC numbers have the same jump from last week Wii would be at 105K, PS3 at 57K.

Yup, the YTD war is over and I think the December one is over as well.

Edit- PSP2 also had an extremely high sell through rate, and Gundam did well.

AniHawk

manueldelalas said:
I'm impressed by the market the DSi LL found; the console really came out of nowhere and it's burning the charts.

Meanwhile, a Sony executive falls out out of his window seat window.

Jonnyram said:
You must have forgotten about the Wii Vitality Sensor. How absent minded of you.

The only reason I'm confident in making fun of that thing is because not even Nintendo knows why they made it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Sipowicz said:
does anyone know what that is yet?

it looks like a nipple clamp from the future
It's a pulse oximeter. You get them put on your finger if you ever end up in the Emergency Room.

schuelma

mutsu said:

Its not going to matter. If the Wii follows its normal December trajectory, and I don't see why it won't, it will probably be doing on par with PS3 even when FF13 releases and the weeks after. Plus it will gain more ground next week.

manueldelalas said:
I'm impressed by the market the DSi LL found; the console really came out of nowhere and it's burning the charts.
I'm more impressed by the fact that nobody's buying DS Lites anymore. I can see it being discontinued much sooner than I anticipated and allowing Nintendo's gambit to raise the price of their best selling product to work.

Busaiku

PSP hardware got a pretty good jump too.
Not surprising with all the games that came out for it.

Given its legs though Phantasy Star Portable 2 probably won't be going very far from here.

Samurai Warriors 3 almost had a complete sell through of its original shipment.
Legs aren't too awful, I wonder if it can sustain itself.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Sipowicz said:
does anyone know what that is yet?

it looks like a nipple clamp from the future

:lol yeah, it's a market experiment for their new paradigm: the inside of your body.

Its reception will define what their next console is about, and a whole bunch of other things.

duckroll

The gap between Wii and PS3 is 50k this week, the gap for next week should be similar or at best a little lower, maybe 30-40k. I simply do not see the PS3 outselling the Wii by over 80-90k on the week of FFXIII, which would be what's required to give it any chance in the Dec LTD.

schuelma

Busaiku said:
Given its legs though Phantasy Star Portable 2 probably won't be going very far from here.

It nearly sold out its first shipment.

schuelma

duckroll said:
The gap between Wii and PS3 is 50k this week, the gap for next week should be similar or at best a little lower, maybe 30-40k. I simply do not see the PS3 outselling the Wii by over 80-90k on the week of FFXIII, which would be what's required to give it any chance in the Dec LTD.

Yeah...and I'd expect a bigger gap next week if 2007 and 2008 are anything to go by.

schuelma

duckroll said:
That's not saying much. Especially when you look at the performance of the original PSP.

My point was that if it didn't get another shipment it was virtually impossible for it to show more legs than it did.

duckroll said:
I wonder how the Graces bundles will do.

I think the actual bundles will do well (I doubt they made that many). Overall though..I suspect you are going to be proven correct and ToG isn't going to do as well as many here predict.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
AniHawk said:
101k for the Wii? That's weak considering it's the last big spike for the system ever.

Front loaded, I tell you. FRONT LOADED!! :p

schuelma

duckroll said:
Terrible is not a number. 5-10k would still be a substantial boost to the hardware numbers for the week.

Any idea how many bundles are usually released for this type of release? I feel like the usual number is 15K-20K but I could be completely making that up.

Busaiku

schuelma said:
It nearly sold out its first shipment.
Ahh, looks like I mixed its shipment percentage with Mario's.
Yeah, it's definitely a better picture now.

It's not gonna end up as high as the original, but I guess it can still pull off respectable numbers.

duckroll said:
Terrible is not a number. 5-10k would still be a substantial boost to the hardware numbers for the week.

Fine I will present a graphical representation, with comparison.

Tales Wii Sales:

8D

NSMBWii

8===============================================D

FFXIII

8================================D

duckroll

schuelma said:
Any idea how many bundles are usually released for this type of release? I feel like the usual number is 15K-20K but I could be completely making that up.

No idea, it's not a limited bundle or even a unique system color/design, so no one really gives a shit to track. It's like those PSP bundles you see all the time (not S-E ones), with every other major game and in some existing color. I just mean that there being a bundle, and it being a semi-major release on a genre the console is weak on, will probably give the hardware a small boost of some sort. It has nothing to do with ToG itself selling a ton or anything.

DR2K

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:

Tales Wii Sales:

8D

NSMBWii

FFXIII

All length and no girth. Tsk tsk.

Jonnyram

schuelma said:
Its not going to matter. If the Wii follows its normal December trajectory, and I don't see why it won't, it will probably be doing on par with PS3 even when FF13 releases and the weeks after. Plus it will gain more ground next week.
Assuming MC has the same 50k difference as Famitsu, that's a 74k deficit PS3 has, as of Dec 6. Are you a bad enough dude to say there's no way PS3 will make up that deficit over the next four weeks?

Xeke

Banned
How do you guys just post PSP, it throws me off every damn time. Why not like PsP or PstarP. Just not PSP.

Assuming MC has the same 50k difference as Famitsu, that's a 74k deficit PS3 has, as of Dec 6. Are you a bad enough dude to say there's no way PS3 will make up that deficit over the next four weeks?

No way in hell it makes up 74k.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Xeke said:
How do you guys just post PSP, it throws me off every damn time. Why not like PsP or PstarP. Just not PSP.
I was hoping the Phantasy Star Portable 2 announcement thread would be titled "PSP2 Announced".

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Jonnyram said:
Not enough to outsell it YTD, unless Wii drops like a rock for the holidays and PS3 starts outselling it on next week's charts. I don't see it happening, at least not the Wii dropping like a rock this holiday part.

EXGN

Am I reading this right? The Wii is only up 10K from the same week as last year, even with the NSMBW launch?

EDIT: Nope, I'm not. The week that BEGAN, not ENDED at 12/08 the Wii sold 91K, this week from last year it sold 49K.

AniHawk

Dragona Akehi said:

Tales Wii Sales:

8D

NSMBWii

FFXIII

NSMBW's smiley with glasses sure has a long nose.

Top Bottom