• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Reveal Thread - Matchmaking/Multiplayer Details Revealed

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
EazyB said:
So the demo class can carry up to 18 grenades?!?

2ecks9i.jpg

What are the chances we'll get to use that in MP? Looks a lot bigger than the hornet but much smaller and easier to fit in the game than a pelican.

Looks like the Hawk (I think that's what it's called) from Halo Wars.

StUnNeR H2K

EazyB said:
2ecks9i.jpg

What are the chances we'll get to use that in MP? Looks a lot bigger than the hornet but much smaller and easier to fit in the game than a pelican.

Looks like a cross between the HAWK & HORNET...

Proelite

joey_z said:
image_halo_reach-11987-1852_0008.jpg

Without a doubt in my mind this is the best looking in engine cut scene this console generation so far. The lighting is crazy good.
That's a screen cap of a scene from the Halo movie.

Tell that to your unsuspecting friends who haven't seen the trailer yet.

big ander

Domino Theory said:
The ships have a bird logo on them in the trailer, but it doesn't look like a hawk. More like, as someone said, a Hummingbird:
birdvehicle.jpg

I'm thinking more and more that Noble Six could be a Spartan III. According to the Halo Wiki, Pegasi was in 2545. The Battle of Reach takes place 7 years later, so maybe this guy is the secret 3rd survivor of Pegasi Delta who has now become...what? Are these guys more Spartan IIs? Spartan IVs? Spartan Is? Hell, could be anything, right?

Thermite

Domino Theory said:

Yeah, looks like an altered version (perhaps earlier model) of the Hawk.

Here's what a Hawk looked like in Halo Wars:
Hawk.jpg

Nutter

According to Halo Wiki

Pegasi Delta

In 2545, the UNSC sent in 300 Spartan-III super-soldiers from Beta Company to destroy the refinery in Operation: TORPEDO. They successfully destroyed the refinery, crippling the Covenant supply lines, but came out with the death of 298 out of the 300 Spartans of Beta Company. [4] Because of this, Lucy-B091, one of the two surviving Spartans, was so shocked from the incident that she became mute and could not (or chose not to) speak anymore.

Tom-B292 and Lucy-B091 were the only two Spartans that survived the explosion.

So that makes our Lone Wolf Hero either Tom or Lucy.

Pookaki said:
Not sure if this was caught yet..........

pistol.jpg

Halo1pistolconfirmed?
The H3 magnum looked exactly like that but had nowhere near the firepower or range of the H1 pistol, so you really can't go by appearances.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
big ander said:
I'm thinking more and more that Noble Six could be a Spartan III. According to the Halo Wiki, Pegasi was in 2545. The Battle of Reach takes place 7 years later, so maybe this guy is the secret 3rd survivor of Pegasi Delta who has now become...what? Are these guys more Spartan IIs? Spartan IVs? Spartan Is? Hell, could be anything, right?

Problem with him being a spartan III lies not only in the fact that so far, all Spartan III's have done sucide missions en masse, not the "lone wolf" stuff talked about. But yes, stuff could have happened in the meantime.

Second, if Wolf is a spartan III, unless he's recieved augmentation in the meantime, he wouldn't be wearing mjolnir armor, and hence, not last long in a firefight, assuming we're going back to pre-ODST standards, of course.

So that makes our Lone Wolf Hero either Tom

Most likely Tom, if canon still holds for books, (which I believe it did at last Pr statement).

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Man, that HD video was sexy.

I fucking love the Halo series, but I'm really hoping for some big changes to the game. I don't want to keep playing the same game over and over again, with a new screen shot mode or someshit.

Please?

Nah, Tom and Lucy are off training MORE Spartan-II's at the time of Reach- "Lone Wolf" is likely a third survivor we've never met whose survival was covered up by ONI. Probably been off on his own since Pegasi, hence the "No more of that lone wolf stuff" comment from the squad leader (He's read the files that ONI didn't want him to, you know! :lol )

Trasher said:
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh252/TJTrasher/NicePistol.png[IMG]

Plus more:
GAF meme revived?
[IMG]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh252/TJTrasher/OnMyWay.png[IMG]

Nice system.
[IMG]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh252/TJTrasher/Warthog-1.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
lol, the first image reminds me of "HATERS GONNA HATE"

edit:
[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/21m935u.jpg

joey_z

Banned
Nutter said:
According to Halo Wiki

Impossible to be Lucy was about to be classified as 'unfit' for duty right before Kurt rescued her and took her to Onyx. Tom was also there about that time.

Thinking about Onyx, there was something so interesting about those Spartans and their interaction with Dr. Halsey. It was almost like they were pets protecting their master. Their loyalty meant everything and the way they would use hand gestures to show happiness was almost like a dog wagging its tail. It is a bit unfortunate, the more I think about it, that these spartans will probably be like junk pieces in GoW.

Shafto

Looking good, and sounding great!

I'm convinced it's in-engine, and that the engine looks great, and hope it's representative. Biggest concern is the muted colours of the landscape - I hope they don't go for a washed out look to make it looks a bit less Fisher-Price (which I love). Bit of hope at the end as the Covenant ship appeared and there were a few colourful blasts bounding about.

Shafto

Willing to bet Bungie would be much more likely to call those Transports Hummingbirds than Hawks. Bungie never go for the 'oMG epic n4ture' names, always for something slightly more amusing and unexpected. Like Warthog, Mongoose etc.

Mohonky

After the massive let down that was the engine they used in Halo 3 and ODST, I am cautiously optimistic about this one. If the game features the same engine to that cutscene and is is indicative of 'in game' not just Halo 2 tarted up in engine, then I'll be impressed. Going to reserve judgement to more screens and videos come in from near complete version.

The mood looks better though. What gets me is that Halo Wars cutscenes demonstrated how awesome the series could be if it took a darker more dramatic approach and aimed it for an older audience, if they follow that same tone for this one I'll be very keen.

big ander

Metroidvania said:
Problem with him being a spartan III lies not only in the fact that so far, all Spartan III's have done sucide missions en masse, not the "lone wolf" stuff talked about. But yes, stuff could have happened in the meantime.

Second, if Wolf is a spartan III, unless he's recieved augmentation in the meantime, he wouldn't be wearing mjolnir armor, and hence, not last long in a firefight, assuming we're going back to pre-ODST standards, of course.

Most likely Tom, if canon still holds for books, (which I believe it did at last Pr statement).
Maybe that's exactly the backstory then: Noble Six retreated from Pegasi Delta and was considered a casualty, when he was actually off surviving on his own. ONI gets intel he's still around, finds him, and trains and augments him to be part of Noble Team.
Butane123 said:
Actually, looks more like a Falcon to me.
You're right, that looks a lot like a Falcon.

This looks awesome. I really like the design of the guy with the skull scratched on his helmet. The animations look better than odst. I hope they hired new animators because ODST's animations were really awkward.

Trasher

Just wanted to point out that the weapon on the back of Kat is different than the BRs that the "lone wolf" and Carter have on their backs. The stock is definitely not the same.

Rad Agast

Trasher said:
Just wanted to point out that the weapon on the back of Kat is different than the BRs that the "lone wolf" and Carter have on their backs. The stock is definitely not the same.

She might be the Infiltrator/Assassin type? Wouldn't really make much sense with the colour choice of her armor but you never know.

OK, some observations and conjecture.

The Lone Wolf, possibly a Spartan III, if so given the lone wolf comment, could be a Headhunter who was able to evacuate before he could hook up with the main strike force and after the Op on Pegasi Delta went to crap.

Reach takes place 7 years after the S-III mission on Pegasi, which would nicely sidestep what would have been somewhat of a controversy given how old the S-IIIs on that mission were.

The Lone Wolf is an officer? That would pretty much make him the highest ranking known Spartan in the field. (Not counting Kurt and washouts like Fahjad)

Was the explosion at the end the orbital MAC gun power transmitters going up?

Rad Agast said:
She might be the Infiltrator/Assassin type? Wouldn't really make much sense with the colour choice of her armor but you never know.

Would color matter if that class had faster movement speed, and a cloaking device? I mean those advantages would be logical IF this is a class based game with class specific perks.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
GeneralIroh said:
I hope this game has less flood bs. Worst part of the halo series.
Since the Flood were only discovered in CE, they would have to break canon.

Although Halo Wars does also have flood, but that's sorta explained.

Ten-Song

user_nat said:
Since the Flood were only discovered in CE, they would have to break canon.

Although Halo Wars does also have flood, but that's sorta explained.

If by "sorta" you mean "very poorly," then yes, the Flood presence in Halo Wars was explained.

Iknos

It looks like there's some film filter effect like we see in Left 4 Dead.

It does help make things look more real.

After looking at it more I don't think we'll see that sort of IQ in game.

I don't doubt the lighting or textures...Halo 3 had great lighting and textures.

But you look at the super crisp lens flares and the high res shadows and the overall crispness and it's straightforward to me that we shouldn't expect that sort of IQ in game.

chase

Not sure what the point of this trailer was. I still don't understand the point of a co-op Halo. Has Bungie never met their community? Who would want to play with those people?

Magni

Nutter said:

Maybe it's like Pokemon where you get to choose at the start :D Halo 3 let us choose for MP, and now the canon lets us choose for SP as well.

Top Bottom