• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I finally understand what's going thru fistfulofmetal's mind..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
He's the guy that's obsessed with Natalie Portman, right? I'm watching Garden State for the first time and I gotta say, she is frikken fantastic in this role :D

OnPoint

I love that

Number 2
(Today, 05:04 AM)
Reply | Quote

has post number 2.

Natalie Portman in this movie is fantastic. If I met this character in real life I'd try to marry her, no lie.

She's also fantastic in Closer. But I wouldn't marry her.

Cloudy

Banned
If I met this character in real life I'd try to marry her, no lie.

I feel the same way. She is just perfect....perfectly random and awesome :lol

This movie has made me a fan of hers for life. I will now watch all her movies that I didn't see yet :p

Cloudy said:
I feel the same way. She is just perfect....perfectly random and awesome :lol

This movie has made me a fan of hers for life. I will now watch all her movies that I didn't see yet :p

You know, I like the film and the character well-enough, but damned if I don't hate using the word "random" to describe people.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
blame space said:
You know, I like the film and the character well-enough, but damned if I don't hate using the word "random" to describe people.

How would you describe that behavior then? Unpredictable?

Fistfulofmetal is just a joke account, so meh.

ICallItFutile said:
How would you describe that behavior then? Unpredictable?

I don't know. I don't have all the answers. She's unique, charming, refreshing maybe?

I know she's the archetype "I'm so random" girl (isn't that one of her lines in the movie?), but random has this hollowness about it, like the the person is putting up a veil. In my experience, people who remind me of that character are the exact opposite: delightfully blunt and true to themselves.

KAOz

Short bus special
I thought this thread would be like how you got into his head, all "The Cell"-style and now understood him perfectly.

I am disappointed. :(

If I met Natalie's character in real life my blood pressure would rise. Sure she's funny the first time you watch the movie. But I'd give that girl a few days before she drives me postal.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I'm glad i was in the thread at the time of the Fistful banning, what a living legand :D

The MPDG has all of the magic stripped away and reveals her as a manic-depressive drunk who is pretty incompatible with the guy, and instead of "completing" him instead ends up making his life (and hers) miserable.

Ignatz Mouse said:
The MPDG has all of the magic stripped away and reveals her as a manic-depressive drunk who is pretty incompatible with the guy, and instead of "completing" him instead ends up making his life (and hers) miserable.

Wow, that's not at all how I interpreted it. It's been a long time since I saw it, but I thought that it was beautiful that they ended up meeting each other anyway. No matter what shit they went through together it was all worth it.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Spider from Mars said:
Amelie yes. Happy Go Lucky is just a little bit too out there.

Happy Go Lucky girls are happy about everything and are the most positive people in the world. I have only met one girl like that and her happiness just rubs off on you.

crops55

"Hey, look at me, look at me!". And sadly I did. I'm part of the problem.

But while I'm here: It's easier much easier to fantasize and indulge in surface infatuation than it is to approach a realistic relationship that may yield an actual demand of personal responsibility. Among the obvious, I think it's why masturbation is so popular.

Cloudy

Banned
Not drunk (I don't really drink :p)

I just forgot I made the exact same thread cos the same thing popped into my head after watching Brothers. I was going back to search for some fistfulofmetal threads and found my old thread :lol

Salazar said:
GAF is too bright for me when I'm drunk. My eyes just can't take it.

BwzyW.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom