• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gouri Daisuke (voice of Heihachi and Edgemaster) found dead at 57

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
According to the Chunichi News, popular voice actor Gouri Daisuke, aged 57 has died from extensive loss of blood from his arm. He was found by a passerby in the Nakano-ku region, and investigators are treating this incident as a suicide. Apparently around three in the afternoon yesterday, he collapsed on the street in Nakano-region, with a knife and a written will/letter found nearby.

For those who don’t know who Gouri Daisuke is, he is a popular voice actor for Kinnikuman’s Robin Mask, and was also a voice actor for Edgemaster in Soulcalibur 1, Mishima Heihachi in the Tekken games, Raiden in King of Fighters 12, Bass in Dead or Alive, and did a number of voices for the Dragonball series including Mr. Satan.

A sad day for anyone who enjoyed his worked. Loved the man as Heihachi and as Edgemaster. RIP :(

Source: http://www.versuscity.net/2010/01/18/gouri-daisuke-found-dead-at-57/
JPN source: http://www.chunichi.co.jp/s/article/2010011890160003.html

This is a real shame :( He was one of the guys to go to if you needed a big burly voice it seemed, and he was always someone much like Chiba Shigeru that I associated with Hokuto no Ken. RIP.

Masamuna

Heihachi Mishima....is dead?

Hopefully Hei will be retired in the next installment. RIP Gouri, my condolences to your family and friends.

You will be missed.

Fuck, I loved his voice. One of my favorites in the Tekken series. I can only say he sounded like a great man, but I don't doubt his family knew that he was. Whenever I give someone a noogie, it's his voice I'll be imitating.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Dude was very good at the burly old man voice. He will be missed.

Time for Namco to kill off Heihachi and bring back Kunimitsu.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Surprised to see that this guy was the voice of a lot of characters I knew - so sad to be so broadly known and yet have a reason to do this.

R.I.P.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Every time I hear his voice, I always think about he great he was at his roles. I would laugh at the idea of Raiden being Bass, and how they're both somehow Hehachi. And I'm not even touching on how many times I've heard him in Anime! A shame for the quintessential "big guy" voice of Japanese Characters to die this way!

You will be missed, Daisuke-san!

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Masamuna said:
Heihachi Mishima....is dead?

Hopefully Hei will be retired in the next installment. RIP Gouri, my condolences to your family and friends.

You will be missed.
They can't retire Heihachi. They... can't. A Tekken game without Heihachi would be like playing Quake III Arena with a game pad- it can be done, but it's just missing that spark that made it special.

Besides, wasn't that role recast once before?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
R.I.P.

Likely Suicide :/ :'(

andymcc said:
that sucks, he was one of my favorite voice actors, so distinct. who the hell is going to replace jimbei?
Good question. And he dies right before Jimbei finally starts getting a heavy number of speaking roles.

Hopefully Toei will dedicate an episode to him.

Top Bottom