• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Void Zero thread of 8-BIT capcom glory

oracrest

dark-void-zero-box-art1.jpg

SCREENSHOTS:

dark-void-zero-screenshot-small.jpg

darkvoid.jpg

darkvoida.jpg

darkvoid2.jpg

darkvoid3.jpg

TRAILER:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDNGToX7yLs

Available on DSiware 1/18/20XX (Now!)

Available on Iphone, PC (coming soon!)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm so happy Capcom managed to find this game in their vault and sell it to us. I think this is pretty much definitive proof that the piracy thread is wrong about preserving old games!!

Has there been a confirmation of this coming to Japan? Don't think it was officially announced, but I have a JPN DSi and would love to play this.

Xater

Right now I think there might be chance that this game ends up being Airtight's superior product. :lol

Sipowicz

Banned
Xater said:
Right now I think there might be chance that this game ends up being Airtight's superior product. :lol

it think it's pretty much assured

same thing happened with grin and bionic commando

oracrest

Allan Holdsworth said:
Will this be released on PC? (don't have a DSi yet...)
Or is the OP refering to the retail version?

you know, I just saw those platforms and dates listed at the end of the DSi trailer. Perhaps they were referring to the console version of Dark Void? I am not sure to be honest.

Xater

oracrest said:
you know, I just saw those platforms and dates listed at the end of the DSi trailer. Perhaps they were referring to the console version of Dark Void? I am not sure to be honest.

The end was for the normal Dark Void. So far it's just DSiWare with PC and iPhone versions coming "soon".

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
How much for the PS3 version?

Why? I hear the PS3 version has framerate issues and massive screen tearing.

Edit: The sarc mark can't come soon enough.

Tiktaalik

I bought it this morning and though I haven't put much time into it yet it does seem pretty "NES hard." Are there cheat codes for extra lives? :lol

I haven't seen what difference easy mode makes yet.

Gagaman

Odd that's it's coming out for more or less everything but Wiiware. Oh well.

A recovered canceled game? At first I thought it was a made up new 8-bit game, but it turns out the 3D games was inspired by this canceled one? Genius.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Sold.

gagaman said:
A recovered canceled game? At first I thought it was a made up new 8-bit game, but it turns out the 3D games was inspired by this canceled one? Genius.
We have another Somnid!

Oli

Gagaman said:
Odd that's it's coming out for more or less everything but Wiiware. Oh well.

I'm pretty sure they made up that story just to jazz it up. The developer blogs about Dark Void on the consoles doesn't add up to the story.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Xabora said:
A PC Version?
Seriously?

HOLY!

So getting this.
Who is going to have a rig capable of running it though? ATi need to up the 5870 production before this comes out.

LaneDS

This looks like a game that'll be positively unplayable on the iPhone. I wonder if they'll just jack up the player's health like they do with the Mega Man ports.

Beyond that though... looks fantastic. Kind of thought the finding it in a vault thing was marketing BS, but apparently not. This is also the first time I've found myself thinking "damn, wish I had a DSi".

Xater

LaneDS said:
This looks like a game that'll be positively unplayable on the iPhone. I wonder if they'll just jack up the player's health like they do with the Mega Man ports.

Beyond that though... looks fantastic. Kind of thought the finding it in a vault thing was marketing BS, but apparently not. This is also the first time I've found myself thinking "damn, wish I had a DSi".

:lol

Wow how naive are some of yu guys?

mjc

Princess Skittles said:
Any actual thoughts on those that have played it yet?

I just played through most of the first level. First off, it being 500 points is a huuuugge plus. I'm not saying that as a negative because I think a lower price will attract more people. I'm loving this so far.

The game itself, quick impressions:

-Yes, the sprites do flicker when you get hit/hurt
-No BS knockback from damage (plus or minus depending on personal preference)
-It looks, sounds, and plays like a quality NES game.
-Music is noticeable but not annoying, pretty catchy
-It is pretty tough, you're gonna need to retry. (I got through probably 3/4 of the first level with 1 continue left and then I died :( )
-Controls great and you can shoot in all directions. There is crouching.
-Jetpack is activated by either holding down A or double tapping it. Sometimes you have to turn it on and off in-flight and there is somewhat of a timing that you have to get down for it.
-Enemies react immediately to your presence, they don't lie down taking it.

I can try and answer questions for you guys if you have any.

Eteric Rice

This kind of makes me wonder...

Could a company come into existence that just made 8 and 16-bit games for DD and handhelds?

That would be pretty awesome if they could do that. :lol

Also, this game makes me wish I had a DSi. :(

Downloaded it and played a bit earlier. The music is definitely 8-Bit goodness, but I dunno, visually speaking it reminds me more of a GBC game than an NES one. It's still pretty fun nevertheless, and well worth the asking price I'd say.

Also, to those who have played it, can you not duck and shoot horizontal?

Gagaman

Oli said:
I'm pretty sure they made up that story just to jazz it up. The developer blogs about Dark Void on the consoles doesn't add up to the story.
Really? What an odd thing to make up, right down to mentioning the Playchoice-16 which isn't exactly common video game knowledge.

Top Bottom