• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade (Wii, Monolithsoft x Nintendo) Information Thread

wrowa

grandjedi6 said:
So how many people are still basing their opinion of the game solely on that 1 horribly compressed youtube video?
No one.

Because people base their opinion on the two horribly compressed videos on Nintendo's site ;p

zoukka

Xenoblade%20Landscape.PNG

I said wow.

Why didn't Final Fantasy HD go to this direction D:

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
duckroll said:
As opposed to basing their opinion on a super high resolution bullshot?

call me when the thread starts getting people claiming the game looks better than a ps3 game and then those two sides will be equal :p

Majmun

zoukka said:
I said wow.

Why didn't Final Fantasy HD go to this direction D:

FFXIII does. But you'll have to play the game for ~25 hours to reach that point.

And Xenoblade looks ok. I'm not really thrilled so far. I want to see more.

ILikeFeet

Banned
I swear that combat screen is old. I know I saw it around E3 last year. (which would explain the textures)

but the whole world is seamless (loads only when you change body part), then I can forgive the textures and modeling.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
ILikeFeet said:
I swear that combat screen is old. I know I saw it around E3 last year. (which would explain the textures)

but the whole world is seamless (loads only when you change body part), then I can forgive the textures and modeling.
Both screens are from the Famitsu scans we saw, the GUI in the battle screen is updated from the one we saw at E3.

ILikeFeet

Banned
jj984jj said:
Both screens are from the Famitsu scans we saw, the GUI in the battle screen is updated from the one we saw at E3.

yea, I guess it is. still feels like I seen it before the scans for some reason :\

heringer

Definitely a step up. I guess the cutscenes will be the biggest offenders since the zoomed in camera will show the low res textures and bad models. But if the gameplay looks like the last two shots, I'm happy.

Definitely getting very interested in this. Playing FFXIII has left me hungry for more RPGs with huge outdoor environments that I can explore and this game certainly looks to me like it'll deliver on that score. Hoping Nintendo don't fail again and actually announce this and TLS for the US.

ILikeFeet

Banned
Hero of Legend said:
Were you by chance thinking of these?:
All from E3 2009.

probably. I don't even know anymore

Definitely getting very interested in this. Playing FFXIII has left me hungry for more RPGs with huge outdoor environments that I can explore and this game certainly looks to me like it'll deliver on that score. Hoping Nintendo don't fail again and actually announce this and TLS for the US.

well, Xenoblade was still listed on the last release list, and The Last Story was trademarked in NA and Europe, so chances are good

Not really digging the main hero & heroine's(?) designs, but I like the two other party characters revealed so far.

Second said:
Game also needs better fruit and veggie models. Looks so out of place.
But the snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The environments are gorgeous at an angle.

It's the character models that make me wanna puke, and that's been the case since this was known as Monado.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
charlequin said:
Cammy mentioned both games without anyone asking her about them so that's usually a pretty good sign.

WillyFive

ShockingAlberto said:
Anyone expecting that level of AA in the game should pull that back right now.

The fake AA helps us see the graphics better on screens, which is the Wii's weak spot for game publicity.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Xenoblade%20Theomachia.PNG

Nintendo's pushing Pokemon hard. First BW coming out this year, then Dialga and Palkia having cameos in this game.

B.K.

jj984jj said:
I'm sure that would get you excited B.K., but I doubt it would please other fans.

If Takakashi got to actually write the scenario and script like he did for Xenosaga I&II, I'm sure a lot of fans would be excited.

Andrex said:
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_K66RYZOiz08/S77a5MgsV8I/AAAAAAAAADU/3j-56NM1T2U/s912/Xenoblade%20Theomachia.PNG[img]

Nintendo's pushing Pokemon hard. First BW coming out this year, then Dialga and Palkia having cameos in this game.[/QUOTE]
Can't unsee now, hype +1000[spoiler] for Pokemon B/W.

I am interested in this game too btw.[/spoiler]

Buggy Loop

Such a good graphic engine, and its nintendo 1st party... i hope it gets shared around. Monolithsoft was N's best acquisition in a long time.

B.K. said:
It might have been good for Nintendo, but it's the worst thing that could have happened to Monolithsoft.
The worst thing that could have ever happened to Monolithsoft was a bomb going off in their offices

Maybe next step up was completely going out of business

I'm not sure how "being purchased by the world's biggest publisher" is worse than any of those

B.K.

ShockingAlberto said:
I'm not sure how "being purchased by the world's biggest publisher" is worse than any of those

Because they lost access to the one thing that they were founded to create? Bandai Namco owns the Xenosaga IP and everything related to the series. Takahasi and the others founded Monolithsoft just to make it and now, they can't even touch it.

ILikeFeet

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:

they were all taken up to be sacrafices for their dead god Gunpei. the process involves them being skinned alive and having their entrails removed. among other things of course

Top Bottom