• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2010 Anime Season of no Iron Man, 1 Stan Lee collaboration, and Trigun Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also another person made the 2nd chart which includes moves that first doesn't include, also it has airing dates but the first has indication of what source it's from. It was also quite wide so i broke it into two images

image-8FFC_4B727EF1.jpg

image-FAE8_4B72800C.jpg

image-A917_4B72800C.jpg

Shirokun

Still saturated with a lot of(what is presumably)crap, but looks alot better than the winter season. Thanks for the post.

Holtz

RadioHeadAche said:
Oh wow, the Trigun movie exists. I remember hearing about that a few years ago, but I figured that it never materialized.
It exists all right: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3N8Lrz8F_w
Way better season than the last. I will be watching Iron Man, Ikkitousen, Senko no Night Raid, Angel Beats, Heroman, Gundam Unicorn, Black Rock Shooter, Trigun and maybe Break Blade, RAINBOW and Shinsengumi. :D

Dascu

RAINBOW, Arakawa under the Bridge, House of Five Leaves and Senko no Night Raid all seem interesting. Much better than last season which had nothing for me.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Not much jumps out at me:

Yojou-han Shinwa Taikei as a potential Genshiken... being in the noitamina slot almost guarantees that I'll check it out anyway. Same with House of Five Leaves I guess.

Ookiku Furikabatte S2, of course. I wonder if it's worth jumping into Major if I have no idea what's going on?

And, K-On S2, because, smh and all that.

Senkou no Night Raid sounds kind of interesting, but the whole Japan in China thing still kind of feels weird to me. But this is a case where I'm probably not the intended audience so a Japanese audience can go in without any hangups.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Looks to be a very good season for OVAs / Movies.
Not much series aside from hero man. (which i'll be no doubt watching) there's some potentially good stuff there, and k-on season 2 will be fun at least.

Holtz said:
It exists all right: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3N8Lrz8F_w
Way better season than the last. I will be watching Iron Man, Ikkitousen, Senko no Night Raid, Angel Beats, Heroman, Gundam Unicorn, Black Rock Shooter, Trigun and maybe Break Blade, RAINBOW and Shinsengumi. :D
I came for the trigun and have not been disappointed.

:D
Edit:
Anyone got any info on that anime called Hero. The fact that BONES is involved has piqued my interest.

selig

Banned
Shirokun said:
Still saturated with a lot of(what is presumably)crap, but looks alot better than the winter season. Thanks for the post.

yeah.

will try Giant Killing, Rainbow and Arakawa. Rest looks like the usual crap.

selig said:
yeah.

will try Giant Killing, Rainbow and Arakawa. Rest looks like the usual crap.
Those three actually look interesting, and I'm digging the Giant Killing character design from what I see in that picture.

Dahbomb

Much better than last season that's for sure. Some good stuff coming out this season that I have my eyes on.

Trigun movie? What is this supposed to be about?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I will watch three things:

Black Rock Shooter OVA
Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi
Eve no Jikan Movie
East of Eden: Paradise Lose

Might decide to follow a series but nothing standing out at the moment. Pretty good season for movies, terrible season for series.

(lol maids, incest and Yami no Matsuei clones)

7Th

FUCK YOU! This was supposed to be MY thread! All you did was paste one of those boring 4chan charts that feature no accurate dates or staff listings or snarky comments! It was still too early for it, anyway! And Maasaki Yuasa's Yojou-han Shinwa Taikei deserved to be in the title!

Kamaki

Trigun the movie looks like it could be good, I quite liked that series :D

Will be watching K-On S2 the first one was a fun time.
The Heroman manga was neat, so I'l probably check out the anime. Also will probably check out the Street Fighter and Negima OVA.

Seems like a pretty good season overall. Especially for OVA's and Movies :lol

Edit: Just noticed the Detective Conan movie, damn I love those movies. Everyone watch them if you haven't!

Jex

Well this looks like a vast improvement all round. Although where the hell is my Black Lagoon Madhouse?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
7Th said:
FUCK YOU! This was supposed to be FnordChan's thread! All you did was paste one of those boring 4chan charts that feature no accurate dates or staff listings or snarky comments! It was still too early for it, anyway! And Maasaki Yuasa's Yojou-han Shinwa Taikei deserved to be in the title!
Fixed to accurately reflect AnimeGAF's sentiments.

7Th

Halycon said:
Fixed to accurately reflect AnimeGAF's sentiments.

Fine by me! I'm sure FnordChan would have had the decency to include Yuasa's Yojou-han Shinwa Taikei in the title!

Drame

Definitely giving Arakawa under the Bridge a go as it's directed by Akiyuki Shinbo.

Unicorn and Basara 2 are no brainers, but Heroman is by Bones and it has mechas, I suppose. So, it could be good.

Arakawa, Heroman, Unicorn and Basara 2 for me.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
firehawk12 said:
Ookiku Furikabatte S2, of course. I wonder if it's worth jumping into Major if I have no idea what's going on?
I have the first season kicking around somewhere, is it worth taking a peek at? I watched a few and the main character was so gaawd damn whiney and in the blurb for the second season he's still "struggling with being shy and 'omg am I up for the task?'"...? -_-

Anyone want to recommend something that came out on DVD in NA in the last 6 months or so? I'm looking to add something to netflix. I have no idea what aired in Japan since the season Gurren Lagaan aired... and all that stuff has probably been hitting the US recently

Family friendly is a plus since its just easier to watch stuff with my five year old then wait until she go to bed but I'll watch anything thats good (don't like fanservicey stuff though)

Also, how did that earthquake series turn out? It seemed really interesting but I never watched it

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Brobzoid said:
I have the first season kicking around somewhere, is it worth taking a peek at? I watched a few and the main character was so gaawd damn whiney and in the blurb for the second season he's still "struggling with being shy and 'omg am I up for the task?'"...? -_-
The first season only covers a few months, and the main character has 3 years of trauma he needs to try and recover from. He's better than from the beginning of the series, he's not as annoying towards the end.

Regardless of the main character, Oofuri's still the best baseball anime ever in terms of getting all the baseball details down. EVAR!

Also, the description above is pretty much the exact same thing you can use for season 1. Not too surprising, since they're still in the same school year as last season as I mentioned above.

Blader

holy fucking fuck, the Trigun movie is coming out this April?! I remember seeing the trailer like a year ago, but didn't know anything had been announced. Hopefully they get it dubbed quick.

So that and Gundam Unicorn, I'm looking forward to.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Dahbomb said:
BTW... Street Fighter IV OVA by Gonzo.

Can't believe no one has commented about this yet.
It looks like trash. you happy?

(on the reelz tho', I doubt it'll be anything worthwhile. It's a give away in one of the special editions in Japan. Capcom must think highly of it!)

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Serious question - Why don't they have some kind of internet channel for anime releases in the US? I mean, how long does it take for a fansub group to translate something and release it? Seems like anime companies could make a decent amount of money by buying rights and translating it themselves, using professional translators.

Are they just clinging forever to the DVD release model and refusing to deviate? Are the licensing issues themselves just too complicated and expensive to make it viable? It seems like such an easy thing to do.

I would liken it in a way to the rise of itunes and other online music stores; a lot of the people that had been pirating music before started paying, because it wasn't that they actually wanted to steal anything, it's just that they considered digital distribution to be vastly superior to the old methods of hard media. Seems like there is always a lot of talk about fansub groups hitting anime companies right in the pocketbook, but perhaps people are only downloading all their anime because they don't want to wait YEARS in many cases for the licenses to switch hands, localization to take place, and DVDs to be pressed?

Joule

Monroeski said:
Serious question - Why don't they have some kind of internet channel for anime releases in the US?

Like Crunchyroll?
----

The new spring seems a lot more promising than winter. Heroman, K-On 2, Yojo-han Shinwa Taikei, Arakawa under the bridge, Angel Beats...

Rainbow's finally coming out. Was waiting for that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom