• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Circana (NPD) June 2023: #1 Diablo IV, #2 Final Fantasy XVI, #3 Street Fighter V; PS5 #1 Units + Revenue

Basically biggest June for PlayStation since MGS4 released…which also marked the beginning of the turnaround for PlayStation back then.

PS5 is in evrry way bigger than the ps4. It just hasn’t surpassed it because of thise covid years but even that will change soon.
The gap between PS4 and PS5 aligned is 1.8 million (38.4m to 40.2m), PS4 shipped 3.5 million in it's next aligned quarter so PS5 will reduce the gap further by a decent amount. We get Sony's quarterly earnings report on August 9th.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Xbox losing steam at this stage is crazy. Looks like a truly crazy decision to raise prices, given this.

does anyone have the SFV numbers to try to compute a ballpark figure for FFXVI? Higher than SF6 which is supposedly more than twice SF5.

Last edited:

Imtjnotu

Lets Go Dj GIF by NETFLIX

No GTA 5!

TIME FOR THST GTA ANNOUNCEMENT

"Accessories
Accessories spending during June increased 14% when compared to a year ago, totaling $214 million. June’s top 4 best-selling accessories in dollar sales were PlayStation 5 DualSense gamepads, led by the DualSense Edge."

And people think Project Q won't sell......lol

Now we know why Marathon is sitting at 19 million views lol

19M views for a trailer with no gameplay....lol
This game is gonna smash. Can't wait to see more.

Last edited:

yazenov

Its seems Diablo didn't do much for the Xbox sales since its primary a PC game as expected, despite the exclusive marketing.

I expect the same with Startfield since its primary a PC game as well.

Xbox needs a game to sell their consoles and I don't think they have anything coming for a long time, if ever.

Oh and those people who were "concerned" for Final Fantasy 16 sales can rest assured now that the game is selling well. Hehe.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Last edited:

Portable PC gaming is very close to taking off.

Good news for traditional games sales.

The fact MS thought they could treat the videogame industry like movies and tv shows was always weird in the first place.

The truth is i have PS Plus but i always end up spending most of my time prioritizing the games that i wanted to buy in the first place...not the ones a company CHOOSES for me to play.

Luigi Mario

Surprising that the Switch ranked second in both units and revenue after TotK had such a strong start in May. I would have expected the Switch to at least still take #1 in unit sales, but PlayStation having their best June since 2010, which were PS3, PSP and PS2 sales combined, puts things into perspective.

Last edited:

Mr.Phoenix

Consumer reports. Sweet. I hope my thing was bought by more people for my own validation.
Salt.
I like Playstation a lot, but this triggers me to no end. I'm going to have to buy a thrid DS controller due to analog drift and I have a suspicion that's one of the reasons they're selling so many.
Errrr.....
Dual Sense: £50
Dual Sense Edge Pro controller: £200

I can assure you that nobody is buying the £200 Pro controller because of stick drift.
Thank you!

Mr.Phoenix

And people think Project Q won't sell......lol
Not people, GAF and certain other outlets. Basically, the people you should never listen to when it comes to things lie these.

Said it before, once, sites ie Gaf used to be a way to get a feel of the gaming industry... now, people's egos and need to be right, have the hottest takes, and platform warring has taken precedence over common sense.

embarrassing when you consider that outside a reveal, no one yet knows what the thing actually is going to be or do. It does even have an official name yet and people are already saying its a flop.

Woopah

• Very impressive performance from PS5, FFXVI pushed hardware and a lot of new buyers picked up Spiderman which bodes well for October
  • Still strong legs for Switch in its 7th year after winning the last 2 months
  • I know Nintendo doesn't share digital, but I think this is the first time I've seen more Sony games on the list than Nintendo ones.
  • Big big software wins for ABK, SE and Capcom, plus its cool that Story of Seasons made the top 20

Jimbo rn:
Vince Mcmahon Money GIF

And No GTA V
xt5EhCv.jpg

This might be the first time I've seen no GTAV in the top 20.

Lets Go Dj GIF by NETFLIX

No GTA 5!

TIME FOR THST GTA ANNOUNCEMENT

GTA hasn't shown for a while since Take 2 stopped sharing digital.

Last edited:

Klosshufvud

Portable PC gaming is very close to taking off.

I'm guessing he's referring to ROG Ally? Like a discussion in another thread, we have now the technology (thank you, godly RDNA3 chips) to make some really good gaming hardware in a portable form factor. This is a paradigm shift and I don't think it has sunk in yet. Once a true big player (hellooooo MS?) decides to commit, we'll see the ball roll and never stop.

Tsaki

'The PlayStation 5 DualSense Edge remains the best-selling accessory of 2023 in dollar sales.'
Sony was leaving money on the table for so long. Why they took so many years to get on the Pro controller train is really puzzling. Also, this June, PS5 outsold all Junes in the PS4 era.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Could the Spiderman 1 and Miles boost be attributed to the PlayStation Showcase and showing of Spiderman 2?
It did get a lot of views so maybe new PS5 owners went out and got the older ones they hadn't played.

Much more likely it was boosted by the Spiderman Across the Spiderverse movie that launched in June.

hsHojT5.jpg

We’re truly not ready for the megaton boost Spiderman 2 will do to PS5 sales.

Last edited:
Kinda hard to believe they will even move to 2nd when people doesn't need a Xbox to play Starfield. And even if a person have a Xbox, they will play on GP.
I’d imagine a lot of Starfield players are also baked into the existing userbase. The Xbox output has not been great at all really, but they’ve done a good job of selling ‘future’ games at their showcases.

Flabagast

Good for FF16, the decision to make it exclusive was probably the right move.

Those Xbox numbers look worse and worse every month though. Does MS plan to react ? Will fanboys finally understand that gamepass strategy is a direct road to the grave ? Let's find out next month.

tkscz

Surprising that the Switch ranked second in both units and revenue after TotK had such a strong start in May. I would have expected the Switch to at least still take #1 in unit sales, but PlayStation having their best June since 2010, which were PS3, PSP and PS2 sales combined, puts things into perspective.
The Switch is probably at ~130 million units sold, I think we've reached that point of everyone who wants a switch has a switch. Besides it was number 1 when TotK came out but most people who owns a switch for BotW already had a switch for TotK.

Katatonic

Aenima

NIce to see sub losing momentum and gamers buying premium games at full price. This is the model to have great games and diversity.
Yeah im subbed to PS+ Extra, but knowing this makes me happy. I think the videogame market will be much more healthy if ppl keep buying full priced games, and not just waiting for them to appear on a subscription service.

I already created some bad habits of ignoring alot of game sales, cuz back in my mind im always expecting them to eventually drop on the sub. But i still buy some games day 1 if im really interested in them.

Last edited:
Surprising that the Switch ranked second in both units and revenue after TotK had such a strong start in May. I would have expected the Switch to at least still take #1 in unit sales, but PlayStation having their best June since 2010, which were PS3, PSP and PS2 sales combined, puts things into perspective
The Zelda Affect was also during April when the Zelda: Totk Oled model launched, So Zelda helped Switch take April and May but June was going to be really tough with FFXVI, SF6 and Diablo IV releasing for PS5. It was expected that PS5 would get a huge boost over May and be Number one in June.

Last edited:
Top Bottom