• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

NeoUltima

RedRedSuit said:
Jesus Christ almighty. My HR trophy set is gone from the Trophies screen.
They will be back, when/if you can log back on. Unless you never synched them to your psn account. Go to playstation website and check what trophies you have there.

Big Papa Husker said:
system: 60GB
I have flipped the switch on the back to make sure I don't accidentally turn mine on. Mine has been off for the last 3 days so hopefully I'm not affected.
Unfortunately, you will be.

I had a wireless setup, and before I turned my PS3 on, I made sure the wireless setup was disconnected. Then booted up my PS3 and noticed the date read 12/31/99. So this glitch wasn't caused by an internet connection, but rather a clock/date glitch.

So...you can disconnect the internet to ensure it doesn't do any further damage, but there's no excaping at least some of this nonsense.

Fortunately all my stuff still works, all my trophies and themes survived, but I'm not even going to test my network connection until I see they've come up with a fix for all this.

Okay this thread is freaking me out. I haven't turned on my 80GB PS3 in about two days, and literally just ran and unplugged it when I saw this thread :lol

Anyway, if your PS3 is off when this shit happened will make it not go berserk?

Yagharek

What the fuck.

Turned it on, got signed out of PSN.

Now all my PSN saves are reverted to old 2008 era versions. Thats All my Pixeljunk Monsters rainbows gone.

Not only that, the game thinks its only the demo, not Encore.

Hag

TTP said:
Did you experience the problems others are reporting?

Not really, I can see my trophies list just fine. I gonna quit the game and test some of my games and download something on PSN to be sure.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Holy shit this is getting serious. I guess a large crowd is gathering in protest.

2nq5ow1.jpg
Hey! I see Kittonwy leading the riot! :lol :lol

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
80 gig PS3 BC
Been on all day playing SF4 took a break and now I can't log in :mad:

fuuuuuuuuuuuu my theme is gone

Razor210

Veritigo_X said:
Okay this thread is freaking me out. I haven't turned on my 80GB PS3 in about two days, and just ran and unplugged it when I saw this thread :lol.

Anyway, if your PS3 is off when this shit happened will make it not go berserk?
Hopefully. Sony might have this stuff sorted out in a few days.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
DidntKnowJack said:
If it turns out we can only fix this with another firmware update, via our PC's, does anyone know if it would have to be installed from a disc? Or can we do it from a USB thumb drive?
You can do firmware updates via usb sticks.

noah111

Still Alive
Razor210 said:
Slims appear to be unaffected. People are somehow playing online right now using Slims.

to be on the safe side, just chill.
Ok, so does that mean my trophies etc are still there, just inaccessible on PS3 fats? :\

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
DangerousDave said:
The fact that all PS3 collapsed in the same moment points to a bug outside of the OS, probably in the program of the server that manages the syncronization. Also, it seems that all the people that had this problem were online and made a trophy operation (or launched a game). People who already was playing, but in a non-trophy game, or playing in a trophy game but without earning a new one, don't seems affected.

But... slims are unaffected? That's the most strange part...

No. Offline FAT PS3 were affected as well. Just turned on my old one (which has never been online since months and isn't even connected) and nothing works. Date reads "1/1".

Zapages

Don't play games that use trophies... My trophies are intact and nothing has been altered except for the date and the PSN issue.

Razor210 said:
From a random guy on the SCEA forums:

"OK just got the phone with play station.. they said they are down for maintenance but the slims aren't effected by it.. as for the trophy issue he said disable the Internet connection on your system and you will be able to play games off line until they are done **bleep**ing our worlds up lol"

PSN is down.
this is bullshit!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Trent Strong said:
God damn you internet! This would never have happend last generation when games were pure!

This is totally internet UNRELATED!

It's a BUG in the OS.

Lince

Banned
didn't you guys read what TTP posted??? HE FUCKING GOT THE ANSWER

this is a hardware issue, it doesn't matter if you did log in or not to the PSN, old models are the ones affected and we still don't know to what extend.

LEAP YEAR FW/HW BUG
PSN IS NOT DOWN
SLIMS WORK NO PROBLEM
SWITCHIN ON/OFF YOUR FAT PS3 OR ATTEMPTING TO LOG IN/OFF THE PSN WON'T CHANGE ANYTHING

Ravidrath

TTP said:
The only way Sony could fix this is to release a firmware update, but of course it would be only downloadable via PC for those affected.

Actually, I tried playing Critter Crunch, and it updated to 1.01 without incident.

Seems like updates are direct and don't interface with PSN, much like the browser.

Dead

well not really...yet
Huh, I was playing PS3 earlier (40 gig Fat), Valkyria Chronicles. Game has no trophy support and I wasn't signed online.

Guess I will just keep the system off atm to stay safe.

Razor210

Sentry said:
Ok, so does that mean my trophies etc are still there, just inaccessible on PS3 fats? :\
Sony must have a backup of everyone's data somewhere.

Unless, possibly, if it's not synced.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Sentry said:

Looking at my PSN account on my PC all my trophies that were synched before the problems are still there. If you have lost the trophies locally (ie you can't see them on your PS3) any unsynched trophies will probably be gone.

Takuhi

DangerousDave said:
The fact that all PS3 collapsed in the same moment points to a bug outside of the OS, probably in the program of the server that manages the syncronization. Also, it seems that all the people that had this problem were online and made a trophy operation (or launched a game). People who already was playing, but in a non-trophy game, or playing in a trophy game but without earning a new one, don't seems affected.

But... slims are unaffected? That's the most strange part...

This could explain why I haven't been having problems with my fat. I've been on all day but haven't earned any trophies, checked my trophies (or anyone else's) or done anything else trophy related. I've been playing one game (Japanese FFXIII) but I started before the GMT switchover, so if it checks trophies on launch, that happened before the bug was active.

I have no idea how any of this works, but my experiences seem to corroborate your theory.

NeoUltima

TTP said:
No. Offline FAT PS3 were affected as well. Just turned odd my old one (which has never been online since months and isn't even connected) and nothing works. Date reads "1/1".
So yeah basically, this problem isn't even directly related to PSN.

(other than that trophy games can't be played at all)

But then...maybe it is a hardware clock issue since everyone is experiencing the issue at same time??

Agent X

PSN working: No
PS3: 60 GB Fat
Connection: Wireless

Beatbox said:
Same here - date reset to 12/31/1999 - I guess it regularly checks online to update the day/date/time?

The date reset to 12/31/1999 on me, too. Also, my Assassin's Creed II theme (the Uplay one) is now corrupted.

Internet connection test shows that it can connect to the Internet, but not to PSN.

I haven't tried playing any games since this happened, and after seeing some of the other quirky occurrences, I'm not even going to try until it gets sorted out.

FWIW, one of my friends has a 120 GB Slim unit, and was able to get on PSN with no problems.

One thing I'm wondering is if it has to do with the game Heavy Rain. It seems a lot of people here who are affected by this were playing Heavy Rain recently (it was the last game I played, about 20 hours ago). I've also noticed that Heavy Rain trophies never appeared on the trophy list on the playstation.com Web site.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
shagg_187 said:
Sucks for people who won't know! Sony needs to add this proposed firmware update on every new game (if there will be any).

You can do FW updates via PS3 even if not logged in to the PSN

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Sheeit, if somehow they don't have it fixed by Tuesday it looks like I'll have to buy Bad Company 2 for 360 instead.

Sony, you blew it.

Welp glad I have got a slim. This does sound like a calender bug.
TTP said:
No. Offline FAT PS3 were affected as well. Just turned on my old one (which has never been online since months and isn't even connected) and nothing works. Date reads "1/1".
That's got to be it.

iammeiam

So this is killing PSN content and Heavy Rain for sure; is it killing other trophy-having titles? Because if so: Now'd be an excellent time to revisit Valkyria Chronicles.

squall211

I live in NY.

Have a launch 60GB.

I knew something was up while playing White Knight Chronicles. I finished maxing my last skill tree which should have triggered a gold trophy but didn't. Exited the game, and went to reload it, got the trophy error and it wouldn't let me play the game. Haven't tried any other games.

Yes - again:

Your PS3 doesn't have to be connected to the internet for these errors to occur. I would suggest disconnecting so no further damage is done, but the problems seem to have been triggered from a Y2K glitch, if you can believe it.

Costanza

Banned
wait, I'm confused. I haven't turned my PS3 on at all today. I should be OK if I wait until they fix whatever's going on to switch it on again, right?

noah111

Still Alive
Ok, all I need to know is that my PSN and everything on it is just fine when I login on my PS3 slim back home, right? Shit this sucks, Sony better get on the ball or a storm is comin..

Rattles

Just came home and turned on my fat 80gb and no luck signing in. Date readss "1/1" which is odd cos im in Aussie and I was playing online after midnight last night with no problems...so it has to be server related and not OS. Its 12.57pm 1st March here at the moment. Hopefully they get it fixed soon...I seem to be able to play PS3 games, trophies list etc was fine...just not signing in....I wanna play some MAG :(

Top Bottom